Should The Cobain Journals Have Been Published?

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Yes
35%
No
56%
Undecided
10%

Total votes: 52

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:25 am

Please discuss.

ieatchalk

Post by ieatchalk » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:28 am

well i don't think they should have been published...i read them... and it kinda pissed me off that have of them were missing...and somethings were just blacked out...but i guess Courtney was just saving her own ass...whatever..there's my two cents...

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:04 am

My thoughts are that I don't think its a bad thing. The writing is there and we can learn from it. Some say its an invasion of privacy and that may be true but no one can make that judgement for anyone else and Cobain is not around to make it. Just my .02

ieatchalk

Post by ieatchalk » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:06 am

well i don't think it was an invasion of his privacy...i have been told...by other people on this forum...that he often showed people his journals...he didn't keep them a secret...

prettyontheinside

Post by prettyontheinside » Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:30 am

yeah his journals were there to be read, he wanted people to see them.
The whole money-making thing, Courtney was going thru a rough patch. People were stealing money from her. And i'm glad she decided to have them published, theyre insightful.

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:47 am

yeah theres no harm in publishing them... i totally agree with you adam, i mean dead people dont give a shit if you sell their journal or spit on their dead body.. the only people that care are the relatives of the dead person.. and since none of Kurts relatives have objected i dont think its sdisrespectful
>>>Insert cheesey saying or quote<<<

ieatchalk

Post by ieatchalk » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:49 am

eh..i don't really care...i read them...and it made me happy...so yeah..i'm glad they were published...

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:30 am

This topic was posted awhile ago and it was the subjedct of a lot of debate. Its interesting to me that this time the yes people are in the lead. ;)

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:35 am

So, once hes dead its not personal anymore? Since they've been published, its given people more information to examine his life even closer, which he definatly wouldn't have wanted. They should've been burned after kurts death. I think its one of those things that nobody is supposed to know or translate. But in the pro, its exposed kurts troubled mind even more, which is what we all want isnt it? It will sell a million copies....
There you are...when you stand in the rain,
and the rain fills your brain
makes you think that god......was fucked up
when he made this town

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:25 am

March2Fuzz wrote:Since they've been published, its given people more information to examine his life even closer, which he definatly wouldn't have wanted.
People always tend to project themselves into what Kurt would have wanted but the truth is we will never know what he wanted. Maybe he wrote them because he did have the master plan to kill himself and he wanted people to read after he died? We will never know.

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Yeah i suppose. But im sure kurt wouldnt want this rock superstar status that hes gained after his death
when he made this town

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:55 pm

March2Fuzz wrote:Yeah i suppose. But im sure kurt wouldnt want this rock superstar status that hes gained after his death
Maybe, Im not sure about that either. I sometimes wonder if he did it un purpose. I recall his Mom saying that he wanted to be a part of "the 27 club" right after he died. Now he made it there among the other great dead rock stars.

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:33 am

boxcar wrote:
March2Fuzz wrote:Yeah i suppose. But im sure kurt wouldnt want this rock superstar status that hes gained after his death
Maybe, Im not sure about that either. I sometimes wonder if he did it un purpose. I recall his Mom saying that he wanted to be a part of "the 27 club" right after he died. Now he made it there among the other great dead rock stars.
Well i dont know if thats true, but i dont wanna belive it.
when he made this town

floyd the barber
Grunge maniac

Post by floyd the barber » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:42 am

My impression of Kurt is that he was very self-conscious and that his "careless" image was carefully built.

Nirvanaholic
Grunge master

Post by Nirvanaholic » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:45 pm

Maybe, but not all of it.......

And i don't think he'd want his status today... i'm sure all the commercializing in his name would hve him turning in his grave right now if he hadn't been cremated..... :(

And he always said he wanted to be famous, just famous like the pixies are famous, not as famous as they turned out to be.........
ImageImageImage