Some of my Nirvana items!

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Exoddus
Grunge fan

Some of my Nirvana items!

Post by Exoddus » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:54 am

Hello, I'm new here and decided that for my first post I'll post up a bunch of Nirvana items that I own. Just a way to introduce myself. I've loved grunge music for many years. With Nirvana being my favorite ever band closely followed by Alice in Chains. My mp3 player is filled up with songs from these two bands along with Pearl Jam, Sonic Youth, The Pixies, The Cure, Mudhoney etc. Yes I know some of them aren't grunge! :lol:

I've added watermarks to some of these in an attempt to stop scammers putting them on ebay.

Back in the days of 56k connections when the internet wasn't a glorious marketplace. I slowly managed to track down the whole Blue Moon Outcesticide collection. I don't know if they are real or counterfeit but I don't care!. Even though they're a lot more easier to obtain because of the internet. I still hold these close to my heart just because of the struggle I went through to get these all those years ago.

Image Image

Back in the day I was the number one collector of Nirvana concert tickets. Many of my actual tickets can been seen at http://www.nirvanaguide.com/. I have about 60 Nirvana tickets in total. Here's a couple of pictures of some of them.

Image Image Image Image Image

This is probably the most prized possession I own. It's a 7" Love Buzz record. This was Nirvana's first ever release and was limited to 1000 numbered copies. I bought it from a guy from Nottingham UK (I'm from the UK too). He had bought it from a woman living in Seattle. She was a housemate of Tam Ohrmund who had given her this copy.

Kurt Cobain wanted Tam Ohrmund to be Nirvana's manager. So he went out with her and bought this single, number 606. They went back to her place after having bought this single. Played my record and she agreed to be Nirvana's manager. This is mentioned in the biography Heavier Than Heaven, written by Charles R. Cross.

Image Image Image Image Image

This is a note Kurt Cobain wrote to Tam Ohrmund. This was displayed at an exhibition. I don't own this.

Canucker
Grunge God

Re: Some of my Nirvana items!

Post by Canucker » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 pm

Fun stuff. Wow this place is quiet these days.