Is this an original 1991 nevermind copy?

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

NirvanaPeru
Grunge fan

Is this an original 1991 nevermind copy?

Post by NirvanaPeru »

I just bought this, and the seller told me the CD has 58 minutes, and it has the hidden track Endless Nameless

based on the codes, it seems to be the european version, the american version doesn't have GED 24445 above the barcode

Here, it says is the european version, and it contains the hidden track, printed in germany

http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermin ... se/4038417

Canucker
Grunge God

Re: Is this an original 1991 nevermind copy?

Post by Canucker »

The very very very first printings of it DON'T have endless nameless on it. They mistakenly left it off but it was corrected RIGHT AWAY. I don't know anyone who has that "short" version of the CD......online info claims that the first 20 000 pressings of the cd and tape are the short version....nowhere have i seen it specified if that is 20 000 of the cd AND 20 000 of the tape...or if its 20 000 total.......That being said I have never found anyone who has the Tape version WITH Endless Nameless on it... (i have four copies without it).....I think its a mistake that info online claims that there are tape versions WITH the track. I guess I should edit wikipedia or something. I started a thread on here asking if anyone had it WITH that tune on tape. My guess would be that those first 20 000 were all in USA.

How much did you pay for this disc?

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

Here is a thread I found about Endless Nameless copies vs. copies without it.......I am shocked at the percentages......if this album only shipped 20 000 without the track yet sold millions upon millions....how on earth do a third of the people have the "rare" version? Yeah I realize its a small number of people who took the survey but still. http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/n ... ss.231593/

NirvanaPeru
Grunge fan

Post by NirvanaPeru »

Canucker wrote:The very very very first printings of it DON'T have endless nameless on it. They mistakenly left it off but it was corrected RIGHT AWAY. I don't know anyone who has that "short" version of the CD......online info claims that the first 20 000 pressings of the cd and tape are the short version....nowhere have i seen it specified if that is 20 000 of the cd AND 20 000 of the tape...or if its 20 000 total.......That being said I have never found anyone who has the Tape version WITH Endless Nameless on it... (i have four copies without it).....I think its a mistake that info online claims that there are tape versions WITH the track. I guess I should edit wikipedia or something. I started a thread on here asking if anyone had it WITH that tune on tape. My guess would be that those first 20 000 were all in USA.

How much did you pay for this disc?
NirvanaPeru wrote:
Yeah, but this is the european version it seems, which is different from the america version

I paid $10, and the guy claims to have only played it once lol but who knows how many times it was played since 1991, anyway I don't playing this, is just for collection, I already have the FLACS from this album

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

all depends what you mean by "original copy" then. My point was that the first ones didn't have endless nameless on it so those would be the "originals" if you meant very first version to be the original.....I'm guessing that it would have been released first in the USA so that would make a European copy a later press/print. If its the first European version I have no knowledge on that.

Magic Booka
Grunge fanatic

Post by Magic Booka »

discogs might be useful, but apparently there are 192 different versions...
http://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-Nevermind/master/13814

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

don't say that...now someone is gonna try and get them all!!!! I'm afraid to look....I probably have four versions between the different tapes and cds I have.....(five in total).

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

I have one of the original runs without Endless Nameless. I remember buying the cd when it came out and everyone telling me how the final track is crazy. I kept looking for it and it was never on there. Eventually I had to hear it by buying the Come As You Are single. I wonder if it is considered rare or worth extra money?

Magic Booka
Grunge fanatic

Post by Magic Booka »

Canucker wrote:don't say that...now someone is gonna try and get them all!!!! I'm afraid to look....I probably have four versions between the different tapes and cds I have.....(five in total).
I love discogs but it does drive me to distraction being a completist. To be fair some of the variations are just different pressing factories :-)