Price for Nirvana signatures

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Cobain1977
Grunge fan

Price for Nirvana signatures

Post by Cobain1977 »

Hey there, I'm new to this forum. My brother has spotted this on ebay and we were wondeing about going halves on buying it. Anyone know how much signatures of Kurt, Krist and Dave are going for?

Thanks

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121049657831? ... 1555.l2649
Canucker
Grunge God

Re: Price for Nirvana signatures

Post by Canucker »

What I've learned in being here for a couple years is that (so far) nobody around here is an expert on the value of anything tied to this hobbie/habbit/obsession. I think thats what makes it cool...people aren't putting price tags on stuff around here. I grew up collecting comics and hockey cards so I think thats why I landed on music as my final hobby...its not money obsessed. We can't even agree on the price of musical instruments around here because they differ so much around the world. People around here are more of the mentality of "I want it!" or "I could care less thats a rip off"...a big factor is probably what we have in our pockets at the time :lol: So what it really boils down to is whats it worth to you?
Cobain1977
Grunge fan

Post by Cobain1977 »

Thanks canucker. I do agree. Its about if it's worth it for us. Also how we're going to be able to share it!!
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

I'm always hesitant with ebay about things like that. Are you mainly wanting to buy to re-sell or for collection? Like you said, how do you share it?
Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

If you get in contact with Krist (which isn't hard by the way) you could probably get a signature for free. How would you feel if you sign something and they go out making thousands of dollars of someone who really cares for it? People selling signatures are pricks and shouldn't be supported.
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
Cobain1977
Grunge fan

Post by Cobain1977 »

We'd get it to keep, not re sell. It's the fact it's got Kurt's signature with Krist and Dave and also the tour pass. I like it, but not sure it's worth the £1000.
PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan »

Personally, no signature is worth any amount of money. The cool thing about a signature is actually getting the signature, to have it remind you of when you met that person or that awesome concert you went to. I mean with Kurt it's different because you couldn't go get his signature but if you talked with Dave or Krist(who would probably be a lot easier to find and actually get the signature from) you could probably get their signatures. Why pay for something that they signed for someone else or for some other reason
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..
Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I agree that its kind of lame to have a signature from someone you never met. I was once in a collectables store that pretty much only sold autographed stuff and I commented to my friend that I'd never buy a signed item. The sales person overheard and jumped all over me that they're stuff was authentic and had certificates and everything....I never said that I questioned the merchandise but really I guess they dealt with that from time to time...cus a certificate of authenticity is just a piece of paper that says another piece of paper is what the second piece of paper says it is. They were selling used signed nascar tires for $600 to $800 bucks... I have four used honda tires that I'm going to need to get rid of...do I hear any bids?
Gigglesx0
Grunge maniac

Post by Gigglesx0 »

I wouldn't spend that much on a signature. In my own personal opinion.

But I agree, I feel so much better if I got it autographed personally. It's sort of like a trophy, if you will. I feel all accomplished and when I look at it, I squeal to myself because I know I earned it sort of, like gold in a treasure chest :P . But if it's a signature that I bought or something, I look at it as an item, and not a treasure.
Hello, I'm Ellie andd...
I believe in Rock & Roll and the power to be an individual and be original. I will never belong to anyone.