Updates on the Cobain Case *People who want the subject to be laid to rest won't want to come here

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Sorlag
Grunge God
Posts: 4462
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:59 pm

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Sorlag »

Hahahaha! :lol:
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why
Luciditypro
Grunge God
Posts: 8861
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The United States Of America

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Luciditypro »

Sorlag wrote:Hahahaha! :lol:
I'm burning in hell, aren't I? :P
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8637
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

Oh yeah, so he's been taking pre-orders for the first book for a while now, and it will officially come out on November 25th, and if anyone does get it, it would be great if you could talk about some of the details here. I doubt I'll be able to get it anytime soon, as I have like no money and no money coming in.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Ferglius
Grunge God
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Ferglius »

I'm sure I'll end up with it, Kristin. Copies of everything else has magically ended up in my hands
Image
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8637
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

Come to think of it, perhaps they'll have it at libraries, or I suppose one could start reading it at the book store.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Ferglius
Grunge God
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Ferglius »

It's whatever but I'm sure at some point we'll end up discussing it and such
Image
CurlyFry
Grunge fan
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:18 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by CurlyFry »

Sorlag wrote:I have to agree that murder is a big possibility but it would still be ignorant to say suicide would have been implausible.
A lot of his songs were about dying, the word "Nirvana" is about not being reborn aka. dying, he seemed overall fascinated about death and he is said to have attempted suicide before.
We've been over the stomach pain thing already but he really sounds honest on the recordings where he says he'd rather put a gun to his head.
Nothing can really be proven right now but I like to see things from different perspectives. That doesn't mean I don't think it was murder, I just don't know.
According to many friends of his, suicide and death are just things he often joked about. The "I hate myself and want to die" song was apparently removed from the album because he thought it might be going to far with the joke and people would misinterpret it (supposedly)...which they did anyway
Please check out and like my friend's band: Intrepid
http://www.facebook.com/Intrepidtheband
Daffy
Grunge God
Posts: 7108
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Daffy »

SayHello2Heaven wrote:alright, before I make a comment I want to first say I respect your thoughts, beliefs on the topic and in no way intend to change opinions; I may come off strong but i've been around the block, heard, read and talked about this too many times to not say something. You can read your books, watch your videos, hear what you want to hear and look for things that peak your interest but all this is speculative and opinionated....With that said....Don't take anything I say personally, just tired about hearing this "debate"
KristinNirvana wrote: So since I always happened to think the most ignorant thing of all is saying we should just forget about it and "lay it to rest", because we definitely don't do him a service by forgetting about it as if nothing happened and not being curious of the outcome, I made this thread for people that don't agree with it being forgotten about. I's called closure people!!!
It isn't ignorance saying to "let it rest" when family members die they always tell you to take the good memories with you, move on and just remember the good stuff. If we can do it when family members die, why is it hard for people to do the same with someone we didn;t even know? We have his music, his words, his thoughts, quotes, we even have exhibits in muesums with his clothing and instruments. We have the the good moments to retreat too and yet people still feel its necessary to harp on how a man died. I have very little belief that for people continuing to lead a conspiracy theory is set on closure...Closure is for people who knew him, we didn;t know what was going on in his head most of the time, we don't know his intentions, and we certaintly don't know what happened in that house in 1994. This should be forgotten, just like those who have forgotten Richey James Edwards, Michael Hutchence, Elliott Smith, and Tupac. People have come to terms that those musicians had a rough time dealing with drugs, depression and the like and have let their souls rest while letting their music do the talking. Kurt had so many problems, i'm sure more problems than we're lead to believe, it's documented that he was an addict, junkie, depressed artist who tried to kill himself before, more than twice! If the fans and families of the artists written above have let their souls rest in peace, why is it so difficult for Nirvana fans to do the same?
KristinNirvana wrote:I don't care what the outcome is, but I HAVE to know, but if it never gets resolved then at least I wasn't apathetic and just acted like it all should be ignored. This is NOT a debate thread, it isn't going to be like the other threads, it is NOT a "Suicide or murder?" thread, it's going to be updates on the case for those of us that actually want to hear it, because we do exist (even if I turn out to be the only one here) and we have every right to talk about it and it's silly to think that just because you don't want to hear it other people aren't going to talk about it.
Updates about the case? I'm pretty sure the police, researchers, examiners have laid this rest years ago. The only people who are going to continue to "research" this stuff are amateurs and people looking for an alternative because they can't GRASP THE FACT THAT THEIR IDOL had the ability, had the urge to pull the trigger himself. as much of an icon as he was, as many lives as he touched there are going to be people, like you (again, NO OFFENSE!!!!) who are just trying to find an end result to satisfy your own beliefs and thoughts of what happened. and this is a debate thread, this whole thing is a debate of opinions because no one knows what happened, 80% of us weren't alive than or weren't old enough to even care about it. This thread may not have been created for a debate, but it surely was created to sway thoughts of other people for reasons we've all heard millions of times already. If you believe it to be murder, thats cool, thats your belief, but to say this is not a debate, but rather a search for "truth" is ingnorance because its all speculative. Unless you find the fly that was on the wall when it all went down, people are going to have their own opinions. I can find 50 sites for those who think its murder and 50 for suicide, and whos to say which one is right? Its opinion, by making this thread you want to force people to read your idea of the truth...
KristinNirvana wrote: So basically this thread is the polite thing for the people that don't want to hear it anymore, and giving updates on the case, so if you don't want to hear it, it's your own fault if you come in here. The case won't be laid to rest until it's laid to rest, aka until the case gets reopened and it all gets solved.
The fact the case has not been reopened is all the more reason for it to be laid to rest. I can name hundreds of cases that people say SHOULD be reopened, that SHOULD be further investigated but what people forget is how hard it really is to look for evidence 18 years after the fact. Does it happen? Of course it does, but that is few and far between. The case is closed, why do you want to focus more on the mans death, why it happened, who did it, more than embracing, and enjoying what we have what the man did. I'm a historian, I want to look for facts about certain things and I want to know who did it, but this case is closed....He killed himself....I've written my belief and the evidence i've found in past thread but all that means nothing. Facts, evidence, whatever you want to call it doesn't get though because people will hold tight to their convictions.
KristinNirvana wrote: It's fine if you believe it was suicide since I'm always saying those people should want the case reopened just as much as people who believe it was murder, but just know this isn't meant to be like the other threads, going back and forth between saying who is wrong or right and whatnot, this is meant to talk about the advances in the case. I want to have a place to talk about how far it's come and how far it'll go and especially if it does get opened, and I have the right to talk about it in this forum just like people have the right to not want to talk about it anymore. So, that being said, post the latest news on the case if you know it, or if you don't come here to see if anyone else has posted. (I hope other people join in but if I'm the only one it'll still be worth it). I haven't been following it as closely since I used to check the site everyday and a watched pot never boils and whatnot, but for some reason I feel like it's getting closer.
I sometimes feel like I repeat myself, but im ok with that since I have nothing better to do or say....But when you say this thread isn't like the others, its more about "advances in the case" and not a "debate" but in reality it IS a debate because when you have two sides to a story, evidence for both sides its going to be a debate. This thread is more directed towards a BIAS attitude more so than looking for the facts. If your looking for the facts you can't take a side, you need to remain neutral and be open to everything and anything that comes your way. You've said numerous times you believe it to be murder and give readings why it IS that. This isn't a search for facts or a developing story its directed to lean to certain side of the spectrum, the only time something will change or change the minds of conspiracy theorists or those looking for an alternative reason is WHEN more EVIDENCE is to show that it was suicide...Even than your going to have people telling to keep the research going. I've read everything I could about this case when I was younger, I was enthralled by it, I wanted to hear both sides, I wrote a 45 page thesis about the case for my law class based off the rearch I've done, interviews I've conducted and no matter what I say won't change anyones minds....If the police, the people involved or anyone else can;t change people's minds this thread or any other thread wont.
KristinNirvana wrote:I keep telling people that I have no idea why I haven't heard of any benefit concerts supporting the case. It seems like there'd be tons of Nirvana influenced bands who'd do something like that. I think I remember Aaron Burkhard posting something on facebook about how he thought it was murder.
Benefit concert for reopening a case? Where's Jim Morrisons benefit show? Tupacs? Edwards? They don't have any because people have come to terms with the outcome. Your right, this thread isn't liek the others, it's a BIASED approach to change peoples minds. Whether its murder, suicide, whatever it is, concerts won't solve anything. Creating a Nirvana tribute album directed towards helping people with depression, that I would support because thats something we CAN change to make someone out there not follow in footsteps of people we look up too.

Look, I respect your opinions, and please don't take this personally, but this thread seems to be a more biased approach than previous threads. This IS a debate and it will be a debate until i'm odl and gray because people will always try to find new things with the case to support their own beliefs. We have an answer to the question already, but for whatever reason when an idol or someone who has touched our lives die we go to extreme measures to look for something that isn't there. I love this music, I love Nirvana, but like my parents and family say....Remember the good times, hold on to the memories we have of those who have passed and let their soul rest in peace...We have his music, the best thing he had to offer, I think he'd want us to feel a oneness with the music than focusing on his death.

Totally agree...People will always kinda worship Kurt...he was the last big rock icon...there hasn been anyone after him. You had tons before him...but after Nirvana the big bands of rock...didnt come close, there are big bands out there yes...but none are...iconic anymore...

sure we have rockstars...but the rockstar myth died with Kurt...he, as much as he hated it (as much as he said he hated it at least...) he was the last big rock star...todays rockstars dont have that mythology connected to them, im not sure what they are missing...but....yhea im drifting away from topic here...

My point being this: Kurt was a fucking idol...and i dont think that people can come to term with the fact "that he just shot himself", people need to have something more...they need to belive in the murder thing to keep the conspiracy theory alive......and its getting old...the dude killed himself...it happens all the time...i almost dont remember how many people ive know who killed themself...its very common, and very sad!
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be
sadie
Moderator
Posts: 8497
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:31 am
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by sadie »

I wonder if I made CL topic on the Hole section and put on thread name that CL haters should stay away, would they? "Don't come in courtney haters" That would create a complete shitstorm most likely. But then again, what do I know.

Yeah, these kind of things I think about when I read "view active topics" :lol:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8637
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

sadie wrote:I wonder if I made CL topic on the Hole section and put on thread name that CL haters should stay away, would they? "Don't come in courtney haters" That would create a complete shitstorm most likely. But then again, what do I know.

Yeah, these kind of things I think about when I read "view active topics" :lol:
Oh it was a suggestion basically saying that they wouldn't want to come in, because so many people were complaining about how they didn't get why people were still talking about it, and frankly it doesn't make much sense to constantly be talking about how someone won't stop talking about something because you're now part of the problem, but then as well as people always talking about how "Suicide or murder" threads are useless as they only boil down to everyone debating and then "well I guess will have to agree to disagree" and everyone was saying how we already have so many of those, we don't need another, so it also doesn't make sense for people to try and do that to this. So in other words, it's saying "Quit being so hypocritical, and take your own suggestions please." It wasn't a demand, it was a warning that they wouldn't like it anyway, so that they don't have to get themselves all angry, because we are going to talk about it regardless, so why not be nice and make our own thread, instead of post this stuff in one of the others where people will get really mad? I wanted to post something like "You're not going to want to come in here" instead, but there wasn't enough room.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Scarabola
Grunge God
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm
Location: Texass

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Scarabola »

I never understood why people hated Courtney Love more than they should.
Image
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4506
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Grunge_Chick »

Scarabola wrote:I never understood why people hated Courtney Love more than they should.
I think people just get sick of her and her antics but then again, it's Courtney Love so I would expect nothing less than crazy.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8637
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

Yeah I only hate her as much as I'd hate any mean, violent, person who constantly wants attention and has to be in the spotlight, wants a lavish lifestyle, acts totally fake and pretentious one minute and dresses up in the most fancy clothes and walks on the red carpet pretending to be a big star and then pretends to be totally "punk" and acts like she's so cool and has street cred the next , type of person. I grew up hating her, and that will never change or affect whether I think it's murder or not.

Though I actually wanted to post last night, for those of you who don't think it was murder or don't know or whatever, hypothetically (and don't give me the smartass cop out "well it's not going to happen so" because this is if it were to happen), if it were to come out that she was guilty and went to jail and all that, would you be totally mad? Would you hate her more? How would you feel? I frankly don't know what I'd do. I'm sure I'd end up crying or something.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
anthontherun
Grunge fan
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by anthontherun »

I don't really hate Courtney (I met Melissa Auf der Maur at an event last year and she definitely helped me see Courtney in a more sympathetic light), but it's hard to think of many things more repulsive than planning your spouse's murder and then letting people think it was a suicide for 20 years. I think I'd be more pissed off on Frances's behalf than anything. It's hard enough to accept a father of an infant killing himself; for someone else to have robbed him from her life is unforgivable.
Scarabola
Grunge God
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm
Location: Texass

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Scarabola »

anthontherun wrote: It's hard enough to accept a father of an infant killing himself; for someone else to have robbed him from her life is unforgivable.
Wow..... this really made me think....
Image
Post Reply