Updates on the Cobain Case *People who want the subject to be laid to rest won't want to come here

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Post Reply
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Updates on the Cobain Case *People who want the subject to be laid to rest won't want to come here

Post by KristinNirvana »

..and if you do at least hear me out first
So since I always happened to think the most ignorant thing of all is saying we should just forget about it and "lay it to rest", because we definitely don't do him a service by forgetting about it as if nothing happened and not being curious of the outcome, I made this thread for people that don't agree with it being forgotten about. I's called closure people!!! I don't care what the outcome is, but I HAVE to know, but if it never gets resolved then at least I wasn't apathetic and just acted like it all should be ignored. This is NOT a debate thread, it isn't going to be like the other threads, it is NOT a "Suicide or murder?" thread, it's going to be updates on the case for those of us that actually want to hear it, because we do exist (even if I turn out to be the only one here) and we have every right to talk about it and it's silly to think that just because you don't want to hear it other people aren't going to talk about it. So basically this thread is the polite thing for the people that don't want to hear it anymore, and giving updates on the case, so if you don't want to hear it, it's your own fault if you come in here. The case won't be laid to rest until it's laid to rest, aka until the case gets reopened and it all gets solved. And if you're saying that we're all stupid for thinking it was murder or still wanting to talk about it, then we could say the same thing back to you, so that's why bickering does become useless, and I do get not wanting to hear the fighting anymore, but people still have a right to talk about the case.

It's fine if you believe it was suicide since I'm always saying those people should want the case reopened just as much as people who believe it was murder, but just know this isn't meant to be like the other threads, going back and forth between saying who is wrong or right and whatnot, this is meant to talk about the advances in the case. I want to have a place to talk about how far it's come and how far it'll go and especially if it does get opened, and I have the right to talk about it in this forum just like people have the right to not want to talk about it anymore. So, that being said, post the latest news on the case if you know it, or if you don't come here to see if anyone else has posted. (I hope other people join in but if I'm the only one it'll still be worth it). I haven't been following it as closely since I used to check the site everyday and a watched pot never boils and whatnot, but for some reason I feel like it's getting closer.

http://cobaincase.com/
http://www.justiceforkurt.com/

So there is that book coming out, and here's the video for it


and besides that he's going to do an update soon, oh and he just tweeted that part one will come out Nov. 25, and Ian Halperin has been tweeting that he has a good source that says Frances is interested in the case and recently read Love and Death, but it sounds like Tom doesn't agree or maybe thinks it's shady, so we'll see how that pans out.

here's the last update (from may) http://www.cobaincase.com/Update%20May%202012.htm

I keep telling people that I have no idea why I haven't heard of any benefit concerts supporting the case. It seems like there'd be tons of Nirvana influenced bands who'd do something like that. I think I remember Aaron Burkhard posting something on facebook about how he thought it was murder.
Last edited by KristinNirvana on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Ferglius
Grunge God
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Ferglius »

He was murdered. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind and it makes me just as angry these days as it did when it was fresh. The case must be reopened, the killer must face charges and more than anything there must be closure. Thank you for keeping this going.
Image
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

I couldn't agree more, and you're welcome. :) I'm just so tired about everyone's bitching and complaining about how we should all forget about it because there's nothing we can do and they don't want to hear it anymore etc., well I don't want to hear THAT anymore, so we'll keep our shit in here, and they can keep their shit out there.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Grunge_Chick
Grunge God
Posts: 4506
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Grunge_Chick »

No reason to get all angsty. If I avoided every thread that had a post I didn't agree with or didn't want to hear, I would never post. :lol:
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

Haha, yeah it's just been bugging me the past few years since I've been hearing that more and more. It feels like I'm being shut up all because someone doesn't want to talk about the case.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Luciditypro
Grunge God
Posts: 8861
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:46 am
Location: The United States Of America

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Luciditypro »

Grunge_Chick wrote:No reason to get all angsty. If I avoided every thread that had a post I didn't agree with or didn't want to hear, I would never post. :lol:

:lol: Couldn't agree with this more.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
Ferglius
Grunge God
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Ferglius »

The Travel Channel show Hidden City did a piece on Kurt's death when the host visited Seattle. I couldn't find a clip of it but here is a related article. http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Shows/H ... le_Seattle Basically the guy interviews a few of the major players and then consults a few "experts" before coming to the conclusion that Kurt committed suicide. To me where the guy goes wrong though is that he never looks any further into the "suicide" note and never once touches on the fact that Kurt sure did have a good looking corpse for a man who supposedly shot himself at point blank range with a shotgun. There were a few other nitpicky things but it's been a while since I saw the episode and I couldn't find it to reference it.

Also in full disclosure, you and I probably have different opinions on who was the murderer but hopefully we can respect each other's opinions as that is in the spirit of this thread.
Image
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

Oh yeah, I caught that episode for the last few segments, so not the Kurt part, but I think I got some of that part in clips they had up a while back, but I'm sure they've taken them down by now. Yeah so many people who do stuff like that don't take the time to do it correctly. Heck, most people's first source is consulting Charles Cross :lol:

Yeah I always figured it was Courtney but she probably hired someone but I don't know who, since all that divorce stuff and their relationship, and him trying to take her out of the will and her trying to get even more money out of the will and then he dies before he can do that etc. all seem so suspicious, but of course I'd respect your opinion about it like you said. I think some people think it was someone other than Courtney, some say it was her herself, and some disagree with who she hired. No matter the outcome, if it goes to trial and all the evidence gets sorted out and a proper verdict is reached, I'll be happy, whether that be Courtney doing it herself, her hiring someone, someone else doing it, or heck, even if it actually did turn out to be suicide but the evidence in somehow someway actually made sense for that to happen (which I know won't happen). The worst thing that could happen is if someone gets off the hook for being a celebrity or claiming mental instability, or if the evidence says one thing and the jury ignores it.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Ferglius
Grunge God
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Ferglius »

Did not expect you to say Courtney. Well, I guess we're pretty much in agreement then as I always thought it was her or someone she hired. And I agree with you completely that all I want is for it to actually get it's day in court and for the case to be taken seriously and explored much more fully than the passing curiosity it was at the time. If that happens I will be satisfied. I don't think that is asking too much.
Image
SayHello2Heaven

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

alright, before I make a comment I want to first say I respect your thoughts, beliefs on the topic and in no way intend to change opinions; I may come off strong but i've been around the block, heard, read and talked about this too many times to not say something. You can read your books, watch your videos, hear what you want to hear and look for things that peak your interest but all this is speculative and opinionated....With that said....Don't take anything I say personally, just tired about hearing this "debate"
KristinNirvana wrote: So since I always happened to think the most ignorant thing of all is saying we should just forget about it and "lay it to rest", because we definitely don't do him a service by forgetting about it as if nothing happened and not being curious of the outcome, I made this thread for people that don't agree with it being forgotten about. I's called closure people!!!
It isn't ignorance saying to "let it rest" when family members die they always tell you to take the good memories with you, move on and just remember the good stuff. If we can do it when family members die, why is it hard for people to do the same with someone we didn;t even know? We have his music, his words, his thoughts, quotes, we even have exhibits in muesums with his clothing and instruments. We have the the good moments to retreat too and yet people still feel its necessary to harp on how a man died. I have very little belief that for people continuing to lead a conspiracy theory is set on closure...Closure is for people who knew him, we didn;t know what was going on in his head most of the time, we don't know his intentions, and we certaintly don't know what happened in that house in 1994. This should be forgotten, just like those who have forgotten Richey James Edwards, Michael Hutchence, Elliott Smith, and Tupac. People have come to terms that those musicians had a rough time dealing with drugs, depression and the like and have let their souls rest while letting their music do the talking. Kurt had so many problems, i'm sure more problems than we're lead to believe, it's documented that he was an addict, junkie, depressed artist who tried to kill himself before, more than twice! If the fans and families of the artists written above have let their souls rest in peace, why is it so difficult for Nirvana fans to do the same?
KristinNirvana wrote:I don't care what the outcome is, but I HAVE to know, but if it never gets resolved then at least I wasn't apathetic and just acted like it all should be ignored. This is NOT a debate thread, it isn't going to be like the other threads, it is NOT a "Suicide or murder?" thread, it's going to be updates on the case for those of us that actually want to hear it, because we do exist (even if I turn out to be the only one here) and we have every right to talk about it and it's silly to think that just because you don't want to hear it other people aren't going to talk about it.
Updates about the case? I'm pretty sure the police, researchers, examiners have laid this rest years ago. The only people who are going to continue to "research" this stuff are amateurs and people looking for an alternative because they can't GRASP THE FACT THAT THEIR IDOL had the ability, had the urge to pull the trigger himself. as much of an icon as he was, as many lives as he touched there are going to be people, like you (again, NO OFFENSE!!!!) who are just trying to find an end result to satisfy your own beliefs and thoughts of what happened. and this is a debate thread, this whole thing is a debate of opinions because no one knows what happened, 80% of us weren't alive than or weren't old enough to even care about it. This thread may not have been created for a debate, but it surely was created to sway thoughts of other people for reasons we've all heard millions of times already. If you believe it to be murder, thats cool, thats your belief, but to say this is not a debate, but rather a search for "truth" is ingnorance because its all speculative. Unless you find the fly that was on the wall when it all went down, people are going to have their own opinions. I can find 50 sites for those who think its murder and 50 for suicide, and whos to say which one is right? Its opinion, by making this thread you want to force people to read your idea of the truth...
KristinNirvana wrote: So basically this thread is the polite thing for the people that don't want to hear it anymore, and giving updates on the case, so if you don't want to hear it, it's your own fault if you come in here. The case won't be laid to rest until it's laid to rest, aka until the case gets reopened and it all gets solved.
The fact the case has not been reopened is all the more reason for it to be laid to rest. I can name hundreds of cases that people say SHOULD be reopened, that SHOULD be further investigated but what people forget is how hard it really is to look for evidence 18 years after the fact. Does it happen? Of course it does, but that is few and far between. The case is closed, why do you want to focus more on the mans death, why it happened, who did it, more than embracing, and enjoying what we have what the man did. I'm a historian, I want to look for facts about certain things and I want to know who did it, but this case is closed....He killed himself....I've written my belief and the evidence i've found in past thread but all that means nothing. Facts, evidence, whatever you want to call it doesn't get though because people will hold tight to their convictions.
KristinNirvana wrote: It's fine if you believe it was suicide since I'm always saying those people should want the case reopened just as much as people who believe it was murder, but just know this isn't meant to be like the other threads, going back and forth between saying who is wrong or right and whatnot, this is meant to talk about the advances in the case. I want to have a place to talk about how far it's come and how far it'll go and especially if it does get opened, and I have the right to talk about it in this forum just like people have the right to not want to talk about it anymore. So, that being said, post the latest news on the case if you know it, or if you don't come here to see if anyone else has posted. (I hope other people join in but if I'm the only one it'll still be worth it). I haven't been following it as closely since I used to check the site everyday and a watched pot never boils and whatnot, but for some reason I feel like it's getting closer.
I sometimes feel like I repeat myself, but im ok with that since I have nothing better to do or say....But when you say this thread isn't like the others, its more about "advances in the case" and not a "debate" but in reality it IS a debate because when you have two sides to a story, evidence for both sides its going to be a debate. This thread is more directed towards a BIAS attitude more so than looking for the facts. If your looking for the facts you can't take a side, you need to remain neutral and be open to everything and anything that comes your way. You've said numerous times you believe it to be murder and give readings why it IS that. This isn't a search for facts or a developing story its directed to lean to certain side of the spectrum, the only time something will change or change the minds of conspiracy theorists or those looking for an alternative reason is WHEN more EVIDENCE is to show that it was suicide...Even than your going to have people telling to keep the research going. I've read everything I could about this case when I was younger, I was enthralled by it, I wanted to hear both sides, I wrote a 45 page thesis about the case for my law class based off the rearch I've done, interviews I've conducted and no matter what I say won't change anyones minds....If the police, the people involved or anyone else can;t change people's minds this thread or any other thread wont.
KristinNirvana wrote:I keep telling people that I have no idea why I haven't heard of any benefit concerts supporting the case. It seems like there'd be tons of Nirvana influenced bands who'd do something like that. I think I remember Aaron Burkhard posting something on facebook about how he thought it was murder.
Benefit concert for reopening a case? Where's Jim Morrisons benefit show? Tupacs? Edwards? They don't have any because people have come to terms with the outcome. Your right, this thread isn't liek the others, it's a BIASED approach to change peoples minds. Whether its murder, suicide, whatever it is, concerts won't solve anything. Creating a Nirvana tribute album directed towards helping people with depression, that I would support because thats something we CAN change to make someone out there not follow in footsteps of people we look up too.

Look, I respect your opinions, and please don't take this personally, but this thread seems to be a more biased approach than previous threads. This IS a debate and it will be a debate until i'm odl and gray because people will always try to find new things with the case to support their own beliefs. We have an answer to the question already, but for whatever reason when an idol or someone who has touched our lives die we go to extreme measures to look for something that isn't there. I love this music, I love Nirvana, but like my parents and family say....Remember the good times, hold on to the memories we have of those who have passed and let their soul rest in peace...We have his music, the best thing he had to offer, I think he'd want us to feel a oneness with the music than focusing on his death.
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

You can TOTALLY focus on the music and love it and continue on with it and make that how you see the man and still be curious about how he died. It doesn't take away from anything. You can let a man rest in peace while still wondering about his death. I did NOT make this thread to sway anyone's opinion. Obviously that wouldn't work anyway. Updates as in whatever new things we hear about the case get discovered, or if it comes close to being reopened, or if it does get reopened then news about what's happening in the courtroom. I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree, which is why I said it wasn't a debate thread, because that's what the other threads are for and that's what they all come down to.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
SayHello2Heaven

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

Yeah we'll agree to disagree, and sorry if I came off a little strong there....

Just I've been here almost 6 years and heard this millions of times, i've been on other forums and heard, in casual conversations, internet, everywhere and i'm just sorta....Tired about the whole thing :) No offense to anyone.
Ferglius
Grunge God
Posts: 2506
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 pm
Location: Planet Earth

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Ferglius »

SayHello2Heaven wrote:No offense to anyone.
None taken. But I do disagree with you and I hope to someday have a more definitive answer. I'm not holding my breath on that but crazier things have happened and the fact that so many people are still talking about this says to me that it could actually gain traction one of these days.
Image
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God
Posts: 17944
Joined: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:53 pm
Location: Texas : The Ultimate RED(neck) state

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Of course her opinion is biased. So if yours. It's pretty much how opinions work.

"Coming to terms" with an artists death is so subjective. It isn't coming to terms other than wanting justice. Or to know the truth. I personally think Morrison's death should be investigated. As for Tupacs death, there were many witnesses that saw him shot, it isnt the terms of his death that people wonder. But at whose hands.

Who is making a thread about her views "forcing you to read". If I post a Pearl Jam video im not forcing you to watch it. I dont have any interest in bio mechanical engineering, so if someone makes a thread by that title im not going to read it. I dont see whats so hard about ignoring threads you have no interest in.

You sincerely believed he killed himself. Thats fine, but people don't want to know that he didn't kill himself. They want the case reopened. If the case were reopened and after a thorough investigation it came up to be the same result im sure most will accept it. Not all, but most. I personally would. I think the whole thing is a bit fishy. Besides, if the results came back that he did in fact kill himself it would shut a lot of these beliefs off.

Why can't people have their own beliefs on this forum. It seems that if the majority of us dont agree it's war. The perfect example of it is the death penalty thread.

You've said yourself Mike that you've said this several times. But cant you see by doing so you're just as guilty of everything you're accusing Kristen of.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8638
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Updates on the Cobain Case *Don't come in "laid to rest"

Post by KristinNirvana »

Ha, if anything I thought you'd chew me out on saying "don't come in here" *obviously that was a suggestion, not a demand* but yeah that was the point, so that you didn't have to hear it if you didn't want to, so I reaaaly didn't mean it as a debate thread because I figured the people that didn't want to hear it anymore wouldn't want to come in anyway. I mean I get that this is a public forum, but I have been thinking about a thread like this for months now, as I'm also tired of the bickering, and just want a place to talk to others about updates on the case without it turning into a fighting match.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support
Image
Post Reply