Grunge Forum

Come and join us because it's lonely underground.
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:01 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:13 am 
Site Admin

We've survived for years without rules but Grunge Forum is now entering a new era. We now have rules. Please follow them.

1. No personal attacks. If someone is being an ass, don't call them an ass. You can say that their post is ass. Arguing is OK but argumentum ad hominem is not.

2. No racist or sexist hate. The mods aren't all uptight PC bastids but there are some words that you should avoid. Since you don't come here to insult people or make others feel bad, hopefully this won't be a problem.

3. If you get a PM from a mod, read what they have to say. Talk to them. Usually the mod is giving you advice to make everyone's time on grungeforum.com more fun, even your time here. If you break rules 1 or 2 after getting a PM from a mod, you will be banned.

4. If you feel a mod is treating you unfairly, talk to lovebattery or admin.

5. Smile on your brother, love one another, etc. We're here to share ideas about music we love. Is that so hard?

6. If using the forum does become difficult because a user is pissing you off, pm incessantmace. Do not personally attack the person. Yes this is really rule #1 again.

This is an open thread. Comment on the rules if you like. Ask a question if you don't understand the rules. This is not where you ask about a specific poster like "Shouldn't we ban admin because he's being such a jerk?" If you think a specific user is breaking the rules and hurting the board PM a mod.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:45 am 
Grunge zealot

This seems a little ironic..A grunge forum laying down ground rules.But i totally understand that people are getting pissed off of all the retards joining and sticking there few pence in just kick them out simple there is enough mods to do this surely? They wont be missed and im sure no one would dissagree if someone did kick them out they arnt muisc fans anyway,So less lets get this forum back to its old self than shall we?

riot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Our old self? We've never been about kicking people off the forum. And I don't want to become a clique where a few friends just get rid of anyone they don't like.

But yeah, I do see the irony. Still the rules are here to help us play nice with others (one of the hottest things I ever saw was a young woman wearing a "plays well with others" t shirt). Despite the rules, and our small army of mods and admins, no one will be getting banned. Unless they do something stupid like calling other members retards or something :wink:
Thurston_Whore wrote:
This seems a little ironic..A grunge forum laying down ground rules.But i totally understand that people are getting pissed off of all the retards joining and sticking there few pence in just kick them out simple there is enough mods to do this surely? They wont be missed and im sure no one would dissagree if someone did kick them out they arnt muisc fans anyway,So less lets get this forum back to its old self than shall we?

riot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 pm 
Grunge God

I thought there was rules here but I guess someone needed to restate the rules.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm 
Grunge God

Blue was horrible to use....use anything else...i can barly read it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:28 pm 
Grunge prophet

Most of these seemed to be implied anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Daffy wrote:
Blue was horrible to use....use anything else...i can barly read it.

I've changed it to red, can you see better now Daf?

You want some? Come Jansome™

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:57 pm 
Grunge God

much better, thanks :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:03 am 
Grunge God

I maybe overly sensitive whiner, but I think it's so wrong that people need to escape from board cos there are few people who just can't shut up. And it's not like no one has tried to say about things nicely, it just didn't work

whatever.

Maybe things will cool down... ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:25 am 
Site Admin

I think people should see this less as a bunch of rules executed by the admins and their henchmen but basic rules of cohabitation and collaboration. It's stating the obvious, yes, but maybe it's good to have it written down somewhere and to have somebody you can coll on for help if people don't get it sorted out themselves. And this should be an inspiration for both the old guard of users who feel that their beloved forum might get "overrun" by new members - and the new ones who have chosen to stick around are really just as lovely people as the veterans! - and new people who might not be aware of this board's special family vibe.

You want some? Come Jansome™

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:32 am 
Grunge God

I love new members :) always fun to meet new people that i can force tripods music on

hehe :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:40 pm 
Grunge maniac

sadie wrote:
I maybe overly sensitive whiner

Maybe?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:17 pm 
Grunge God

Priceless Advice wrote:
sadie wrote:

Maybe?

dude...shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm 
Grunge God

Daffy wrote:
Priceless Advice wrote:
sadie wrote:

Maybe?

dude...shut the fuck up.

1. No personal attacks

http://www.facebook.com/TheHostanProject

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:21 pm 
Site Admin

Priceless Advice wrote:
sadie wrote:

Maybe?

I wasnt going to post, but this isnt right.

Sadie wasnt attacking you, she wasnt insulting you, she wasnt doing anything to you. Just leave her alone and leave comments like that to yourself, thats what these kinds of rules are for.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 Next