Nirvana - Sellouts?

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Re: Nirvana - Sellouts?

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Mon May 25, 2009 7:05 am

yea lol
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

Lithium
Grunge zealot

Post by Lithium » Tue May 26, 2009 7:13 pm

Pennyroyaltea wrote:
Daffy wrote:i hate the word sellout...its just so fucking stupid. im in music for music...give me good musicians who sings from his\hers heart...i could not care any less if that person has more money than me or less....and thats what its all about isnt it...money..."sad but true" to quote people blamed for selling out...
Sellouts to me - a person who was once in it for the music, but now only in it for the money or recignition/fame

i honestly feel that sell outs are those bands that are ONLY in it for the money, like what daffy said metallica's album sold millions, SELLOUTS, no, just more popular, metallica to me did it for the love of it, that it became popular is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT MATTER!!

And as for nirvana selling out, im tried of hearing that, they didnt in my opionin sell out because when they created nevermind, they didnt have the intention of selling millions, i saw in The Grunge Years, that nevermind wasnt expected to even sell as many albums as Sonic Youth had
EXACTLY!! like many of the 80's bands you could call sellouts they ere about the looks and money!! to me, thats the definition of a sellout.
Im very ape and very nice

infinitegrunge
Grunge zealot

Post by infinitegrunge » Tue May 26, 2009 8:50 pm

Somebody needs to close this thread. It got old. People are just saying the same things over and over

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Tue May 26, 2009 11:18 pm

Daffy wrote:blahh..all this talk about sellouts is just fucking lame...

lets make a sellout list: hmmm...lets start with nirvana...they sold millions of records by releasing nevermind....so they has to be sellouts!! yhea.........and metallica...they changed their music after they sold millions of albums so they have to be sellouts!!! ohh yhea!! and the sex pistols!! they went on a reuinon tour...SELLOUTS!!!! and then you got green day...who released another album and suddenly got big again...SELLOUT!!! ohh and the distillers released coral fang who wasnt as punk as the two other albums..SELLOUTS!!! ohh and we musnt forget that faith no more is back to play a festival tour this summer...i guess that makes them sellouts as well...mastodon has more clean vocals on the new album then the other album...that DEF makes them sellouts!! alice in chains is back with a new singer...SELLOUTS! and sepultura...DEF SELLOUTS....ohh yhea...and AC\DC
Best Answer for this thread.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy » Wed May 27, 2009 12:34 am

thank you :) but shhh...dont say it out loud...dont make the snowball start rolling again!! :wink:
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Thu May 28, 2009 2:59 am

No no.. :mrgreen: I wont do that again.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables