Dave Grohl Backing-Vocal Contributions?

Come as you are if you feel stupid and contagious, come over here and entertain us!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Melevina
Grunge fan

Dave Grohl Backing-Vocal Contributions?

Post by Melevina » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Apart from In Bloom, Drain You and On A Plain, and obviously he sang lead on Marigold, are there any songs other than these that Dave recorded backing-vocals for?

I think he might have done for Heart-Shaped Box and Frances Farmer, but it is difficult to tell.

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge fan

Re: Dave Grohl Backing-Vocal Contributions?

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:23 pm

Lithium. At the end of the second and third choruses before the 'I'm not gonna crack' bridge, you'll here Dave shouting 'Yeah!' in sync with Kurt.

HSB and FFWHHROS are possibilities. As you say its hard to tell, but it could just as well be Kurt.

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge fan

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:20 pm

I should actually correct myself there. I believe actually that HSB had Kurt Cobain's backing vocals for the verses, with Pat Smear doing BVs for the chorus.
If you listen to the chorus of HSB very closely and listen to some of Pat Smear's live BVs for Nirvana, then it shouldn't be difficult to make this out.

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge fan

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:57 pm

It’s very difficult to tell exactly who does the harmonies in ‘Something In The Way’. I think that on this one Kurt might have done his own harmonies.
I’m pretty sure it’s Dave’s BVs on the Incesticide version of ‘Been A Son’, as well as ‘Molly’s Lips’.