Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Before Pearl Jam there was Mother Love Bone, before Mother Love Bone there was...Malfunkshun!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

SayHello2Heaven

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Someone just sold a Kurt Cobain guitar for 10k......

Given that was a much more notorious guitarist and it sold for THAT much, this I would assume be a tad bit less. But hey, I e-mailed him an offer he probably won't like, but until I hit the lottery this will have to wait.

User avatar
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8397
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by KristinNirvana » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm

Xana is trying to get it back to the EMP http://www.facebook.com/saveandysbass
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Image

User avatar
Scarabola
Grunge God
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm
Location: Texass

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by Scarabola » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 pm

It's pretty much a sacred relic, so I guess it needs a more deserving home.
Image

User avatar
FeedMyEyes
Grunge prophet
Posts: 1681
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:55 am
Location: England

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by FeedMyEyes » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:57 pm

That is one ugly bass.
How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?

User avatar
KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Posts: 8397
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!
Contact:

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by KristinNirvana » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:01 pm

I always wanted it because it looked so unique, and it's purple which is tied with pink for my favorite color.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Image

User avatar
Scarabola
Grunge God
Posts: 6129
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:04 pm
Location: Texass

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by Scarabola » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:26 am

I'm sure they can just make replicas... if it got famous enough.
Image

User avatar
Beeswax
Grunge God
Posts: 2657
Joined: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:25 am
Location: Shangrila

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by Beeswax » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:26 am

I think it's kinda sad they're selling Malfunkshun/MLB memorabilia... I'd rather see them in a Seattle museum where every fan can see them, instead of put away in a house.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/rissa333/andycolorbar.png[/img]

User avatar
Canucker
Grunge God
Posts: 3320
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by Canucker » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:03 am

This being the Original and not a replica makes it a reasonable price in the world of people who have more money then they need and spend it on whatever.... Does anyone know who Billy Zoom is? A REPLICA bily zoom guitar goes for $20 000....I almost dropped dead when I heard that. I swear maybe five people in this town know who he is and the population is just over 100 000 here.

User avatar
Schneider
Grunge God
Posts: 17305
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:41 am
Location: Liverpool

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by Schneider » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:12 am

Canucker wrote:This being the Original and not a replica makes it a reasonable price in the world of people who have more money then they need and spend it on whatever.... Does anyone know who Billy Zoom is? A REPLICA bily zoom guitar goes for $20 000....I almost dropped dead when I heard that. I swear maybe five people in this town know who he is and the population is just over 100 000 here.
I like X, but not that much.
Image

PJAICfan
Grunge God
Posts: 6126
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:36 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by PJAICfan » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:45 am

Beeswax wrote:I think it's kinda sad they're selling Malfunkshun/MLB memorabilia... I'd rather see them in a Seattle museum where every fan can see them, instead of put away in a house.
This
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

User avatar
Canucker
Grunge God
Posts: 3320
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:07 pm
Location: Ontario Canada
Contact:

Re: Andy Wood's Malfunkshun bass up for sale soon

Post by Canucker » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Schneider wrote:
Canucker wrote:This being the Original and not a replica makes it a reasonable price in the world of people who have more money then they need and spend it on whatever.... Does anyone know who Billy Zoom is? A REPLICA bily zoom guitar goes for $20 000....I almost dropped dead when I heard that. I swear maybe five people in this town know who he is and the population is just over 100 000 here.
I like X, but not that much.
I saw X live a couple of years ago (with Mudhoney Opening!) and they were amazing...AMAZING! I don't think his actual guitar should be worth that much...let alone a limited addition scientifically replicated version of it. They actually did crazy scanning studies of it to have the exact same wood density and everything...but still its way way silly. If I had the money to dump tens of thousands on instruments I'd go for actual vintage pieces that would appreciate in value or at the very least hold they're value....but really money for a tour van and a tour to play is the actual dream!

Post Reply