New single.... a heavier With yo' heart (not yo' hands)!

Before Pearl Jam there was Mother Love Bone, before Mother Love Bone there was...Malfunkshun!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Re: New single.... a heavier With yo' heart (not yo' hands)!

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:19 pm

:shocking: Listening to the preview...Ooo I love it
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Stargazer
Grunge guru

Post by Stargazer » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks for sharing Jeff :) I don't know if it's something my end, but I can't listen to the whole track. Nevertheless, it sounds great :)
[size=150]If it doesn't say Gary Busey on the tin, it ain't Gary Busey in the tin[/size]

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:39 pm

I love it and am pretty sure I'll buy it :)
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:26 pm

[noob] Malfunkshun still exists?? [/noob]

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:43 pm

Nirvaniac wrote:[noob] Malfunkshun still exists?? [/noob]
Yeah, Kevin revived Malfunkshun in 2006!
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:47 pm

With a new singer and I think more new people, but yeah, and they are on the 2nd grunge forum comp thanks to Jeff being here http://grungeforum.bandcamp.com/album/h ... -christmas
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

malfunkshun333
Grunge maniac

Post by malfunkshun333 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:26 pm

KristinNirvana wrote:
With a new singer and I think more new people, but yeah, and they are on the 2nd grunge forum comp thanks to Jeff being here http://grungeforum.bandcamp.com/album/h ... -christmas
Yep Mike Stone is on drums now. Mike played in Devilhead with Kevin. He's also been in Tuatara with Peter Buck (REM) and Barrett Martin, Crack Sabbath and McTuff with Skerik (who played sax on the Mad Season's "Long Gone Day").

malfunkshun333
Grunge maniac

Post by malfunkshun333 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:07 pm

You can listen to the full song here. http://soundcloud.com/kevin-wood-1/with ... your-hands

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:52 pm

Sorry but it's not the same without Andy...

Oh, well, I better not bash on it without first hearing what they got. Any song recommendations?

malfunkshun333
Grunge maniac

Post by malfunkshun333 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:20 pm

Nirvaniac wrote:Sorry but it's not the same without Andy...

Oh, well, I better not bash on it without first hearing what they got. Any song recommendations?
Nope... as someone who knew Andy, I can agree it's not the same without Andy. But it was Kevin's band as well and he has the right to carry on what he started with Andy. His family (His and Andy's mom included) supports it. In fact I have photos on both my site and the Malfunkshun site of Toni Wood hugging me at the front of the stage. And fans all over the US who never had the chance to see the band before are loving hearing the stuff live.

That said, the current Malfunkshun is NOT a tribute band to Andy. We have a new record coming out in the fall that has 2 re-recorded old tracks (one of which is this song) and all of the rest are brand new, much heavier than old Malfunkshun music. It's not just touring around playing old stuff from when Andy was in the band.

One thing about Mfunk that people forget.... is that when they were playing in the 80's Kevin stole the show! People went for him most of the time. Andy became what everyone remembers him as in Love Bone. But back in the 80's Seattle Andy's solo shows would often have 11-12 people there, all of who were yelling at him to get off the stage... and he'd still act like he was playing in front of 1000's. It was classic!! lol

Everyone is entitled to like it, or not like it. That's the great thing about music. You can sit back and bitch and moan, or bash or love a band etc. And you can also choose to not give a shit what one or 2 people think and then go out and play shows all over the country.

8)

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:13 am

malfunkshun333 wrote:

Nope... as someone who knew Andy, I can agree it's not the same without Andy. But it was Kevin's band as well and he has the right to carry on what he started with Andy. His family (His and Andy's mom included) supports it. In fact I have photos on both my site and the Malfunkshun site of Toni Wood hugging me at the front of the stage. And fans all over the US who never had the chance to see the band before are loving hearing the stuff live.

That said, the current Malfunkshun is NOT a tribute band to Andy. We have a new record coming out in the fall that has 2 re-recorded old tracks (one of which is this song) and all of the rest are brand new, much heavier than old Malfunkshun music. It's not just touring around playing old stuff from when Andy was in the band.

One thing about Mfunk that people forget.... is that when they were playing in the 80's Kevin stole the show! People went for him most of the time. Andy became what everyone remembers him as in Love Bone. But back in the 80's Seattle Andy's solo shows would often have 11-12 people there, all of who were yelling at him to get off the stage... and he'd still act like he was playing in front of 1000's. It was classic!! lol

Everyone is entitled to like it, or not like it. That's the great thing about music. You can sit back and bitch and moan, or bash or love a band etc. And you can also choose to not give a shit what one or 2 people think and then go out and play shows all over the country.

8)
Very well put Jeff! Bravo and kudos to you and the band for doing what you love and is important to you. While I did not know Andy, I would bet he would love that his brother is continuing making music with a group of good people. It's really easy to be an armchair critic and say how things aren't as good as this or that but to take action and be out there doing things is a whole other ball of wax which requires strength, stamina, courage, and heart! You and Kevin have all of the above and more! Keep at it, not that you need me to say so but you do have fans. :)

ISayFuckYouSay...
Grunge God

Post by ISayFuckYouSay... » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:40 am

Someone has been listening to Melvins' cover of "With Yo Heart" havent they? :P
Diggin the slowed tempo. Is it just gonna be on Amazon? Only digital? Man, you guys are goin with the times huh? I would kill for a physical single
[url]http://www.FaceBook.Com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.Doggenstein.BandCamp.Com[/url]
[url]http://www.reverbnation.com/DOGGENSTEIN[/url]
[url]http://www.last.fm/music/doggenstein[/url]
[url]http://signmeto.roadrunnerrecords.com/artists/doggenstein[/url]

malfunkshun333
Grunge maniac

Post by malfunkshun333 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:53 am

ISayFuckYouSay... wrote:Someone has been listening to Melvins' cover of "With Yo Heart" havent they? :P
Diggin the slowed tempo. Is it just gonna be on Amazon? Only digital? Man, you guys are goin with the times huh? I would kill for a physical single
Itunes this week... full vinyl (w/digital copy) release this fall.

malfunkshun333
Grunge maniac

Post by malfunkshun333 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:54 am

boxcar wrote:
malfunkshun333 wrote:

8)
Very well put Jeff! Bravo and kudos to you and the band for doing what you love and is important to you. While I did not know Andy, I would bet he would love that his brother is continuing making music with a group of good people. It's really easy to be an armchair critic and say how things aren't as good as this or that but to take action and be out there doing things is a whole other ball of wax which requires strength, stamina, courage, and heart! You and Kevin have all of the above and more! Keep at it, not that you need me to say so but you do have fans. :)

Thanks bro!