Honoring Layne and the Chains- A Heart Perspective

The grunge super supergroup

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

Flynn Taylor
Grunge fan

Honoring Layne and the Chains- A Heart Perspective

Post by Flynn Taylor » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:50 pm

Dear Devoted Layne Fans,
I know this is a sore subject and you guys have probably heard it all before. I honestly think it is about time to do some justice for Layne and the Chains by the writing of a new bio done with love and respect from a fan. Ok I know it would be nice if the guys would do it themselves but I really doubt that will ever happen. Too much bad press has circled around like sharks in the tank ready to attack when the wounds bleed. Let me explain something to you. I am a simple gal from the East Coast and I love Layne and the Chains. Currently, I have written 34,000 words on Alice all from my heart, this book is a living personal journey through music to loving the Chains, my personal grief for the loss of Layne, thoughts of my own on their grief, my favorite tunes discussed, live perf, section for Layne, madseason, class of 99, addiction, depression, my sketches of Layne, maybe Layne's art/ poetry ( depends on response from his mama- I wrote her about my book), my favorite perf, hopefully heart warming funny moments, Jerry's section- much the same, Mike and sean, william, reform of Alice, Black Gives Way, Poem to Jerry, etc. and a wondeful dedication section to US- the FANS, we keep this band alive, we are its lifeblood. I want personal stories from the fans about loving the chains- roadtrips, crazy concerts, Alice Quiz, this is OUR book. I understand your hestation with protecting Layne and the guys, but you should give me a chance, just e- mail me at [email protected] with suggestions and or comments. Please support my project so we can give Layne, Mike, Sean, and Jerry the respect and love they deserve for their brilliant work together.
Please think about it, I don't want to hurt them, I want to honor them! I know Layne would want me to do that.

Thank you.
Flynn Taylor

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Re: Honoring Layne and the Chains- A Heart Perspective

Post by Fuzz Face » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:51 am

What you are planning to do is great! I believe I have some Interviews with Alice in Chains lying around somewhere, but I really doubt, that you have got any use for it as it is those, that are round the net anyway... I used it for a german radioshow about AIC. If you need a german translator for the final version of the book, I´d be glad to do the job tough! 8D

Flynn Taylor
Grunge fan

Post by Flynn Taylor » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:08 am

Great, I love that encouragment and appreciation for what I am trying to do for Layne and Alice in Chains- this book could be the ultimate fan resources for Alice in Chains fans. One thing I am planning is a roadtrip to speak with die hard Alice Fans, I even got an Alice quiz I am writing in- lol
what is your e- mail, I did not see it in your profile.

Please contact me
Flynn
[email protected]

tylotipy
Grunge fan

Post by tylotipy » Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:06 am

Great :) i'm waiting for it..

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:21 am

I'm sorry, but it's bothering me terribly that you refer to the other members as "the chains" for one it implies that Layne is "Alice" and that he was the main person in the band when they were/are all important.

They're people, Jerry, Sean, and Mike aren't "the Chains", and it doesn't make sense personally because it wasn't "Alice and the Chains" or "Layne and the Chains".
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

Flynn Taylor
Grunge fan

Post by Flynn Taylor » Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:19 am

I dont mean to offend anyone here- all members thats Layne, Mike Starr, Mike Inez, Jerry, Sean and yes even Will are going to receive coverage- it will not be contained of vicious gossip, it will serve as part bio, part analysis, and part fan guide- it is really more for US as fans then for the band but Alice in Chains will def appreciate it as it is a way for fans to give "back" to the band- it will not viewed as another bashing of Layne's character or details of "stories" and rumors of the bands using . I think we have had enough of that!!! I only want to give recognition to Layne, Mike Starr, Mike Inez, Sean and Jerry for the work they have done as a band and show how much they cared about each other and what they mean to US- thats called family and thats what it is all about- Now, you can either support me or it don't. If you do great, contact me with you want to contribute. I won't beg for fans to be a part of it- as Alice says "its your decision".

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:52 am

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I have written some songs about Layne. Poems I guess (seeing they're not yet songs)
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.