Mad Season

The grunge super supergroup

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

grungluvr
Grunge fan

Mad Season

Post by grungluvr » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:01 pm

Oh yeah definitely a cool record. Too bad there was only one. More bluesy than grunge, buy hey, I like that grunge was eclectic like that.

boxcar
Site Admin

Re: Mad Season

Post by boxcar » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:29 pm

grungluvr wrote:Oh yeah definitely a cool record. Too bad there was only one. More bluesy than grunge, buy hey, I like that grunge was eclectic like that.
It's a great album and really that is all grunge was about... Guitars, drums, bass, vocals, and great songs. :)

Ferglius
Grunge God

Re: Mad Season

Post by Ferglius » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:34 pm

I've listened to Above so many times and for me it never ceases to be brilliant, heartfelt, moving and agonizing. I hear a man who knew that his self imposed walls were closing in around him but that it was too late to do anything but quietly fade away. When I think back on Kurt I feel angry at people around him who let him down (and possibly betrayed him, but that's a different conversation) when I think back on Layne I just feel sad. I wish I could give the guy a hug and tell him that he isn't as alone as he feels.

"And shout to God to bring my sunny day" How many times have I said those words under my breath since my own life fell apart? Thank you, Layne