New Tad releases

Discuss the band for the gastral phenonemom lead singer here

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

New Tad releases

Post by sodajerk93 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Says on Tad's Myspace that they have an old unreleased record called "The Last Recordings" but they don't have a label to release it. This is probably really old news, but I had no idea.

Also, I heard a while ago that Jack Endino remastered God's Balls and Sub Pop was going to re-release it--who knows anything about this? If what I heard was true I can't wait.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

SayHello2Heaven

Re: New Tad releases

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:59 pm

What you heard is 100% true. TAD did record an album called "The Final Recording" in 1999 or 1998, before they officially broke up. They do have a label to realse it though, Flotation Records. I don't know when they're going to release it, last time I heard was Fall of 2008 and nothing yet. So maybe it isn't too far away yet.

And the remastered God's Balls I think is old news because there is a split cd with God's Balls/Salt Link and i'm pretty sure those were remastered versions of the actual LP recordings.

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:15 pm

SayHello2Heaven wrote:What you heard is 100% true. TAD did record an album called "The Final Recording" in 1999 or 1998, before they officially broke up. They do have a label to realse it though, Flotation Records. I don't know when they're going to release it, last time I heard was Fall of 2008 and nothing yet. So maybe it isn't too far away yet.

And the remastered God's Balls I think is old news because there is a split cd with God's Balls/Salt Link and i'm pretty sure those were remastered versions of the actual LP recordings.
Cool--can't wait for that to come out then!

And I'm not sure, I know about the Salt Lick/God's Balls album but to my understanding, Jack Endino recently remixed and remastered just the God's Balls album, in its entirety, and Sub Pop was waiting for there to be a bigger demand for it or something. Maybe what I heard about was just Salt Lick/God's Balls but I thought it was gonna be something new. Sub Pop can be tricky sometimes, so you never know.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:17 pm

That's possible, I don't doubt that Jack remastered it and Sub Pop will eventually release it, it was one of their biggest releases. But I think Sub Pop should put all that Shins record money to good use and give us what we want! 8D

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:24 pm

SayHello2Heaven wrote:That's possible, I don't doubt that Jack remastered it and Sub Pop will eventually release it, it was one of their biggest releases. But I think Sub Pop should put all that Shins record money to good use and give us what we want! 8D
Yep, just looked at the Sub Pop site and there's a bunch of comments that were posted in the last few months, by people who were apparently told by Kurt Danielson that Jack Endino redid the album. Ahh I'm a dork, but I'm so stoked for that now if it isn't total BS.

And yeah, Sub Pop isn't exactly a struggling underground label anymore, so I'm not too sure why they're delaying this release. The twenty or so people outside of Washington who know about Tad (minus my dad, who calls Doyle "that screaming fat fuck who ruined the Soundgarden songs") will all buy it on vinyl I'm sure.

bluearmageddon
Grunge guru

Post by bluearmageddon » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:18 am

Is it going to be all new original content, or just sort of like a "greatest hits" type deal? :? that's my only concern.
My name is Charlie. Talk to me. I don't bite (hard).
[i]I miss the comfort in being sad.[/i]

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:26 am

No, I think it's new material. They recorded it before they officially broke up, so I assume it's new stuff.

Desiderus
Grunge fanatic

Post by Desiderus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:30 am

I hope this comes out soon, maybe they could do a little reunion tour as well. They should open for Soundgarden when they are going on a reunion world tour :wink2:
Check out my music blog at Death Valley '88

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:46 am

Desiderus wrote:I hope this comes out soon, maybe they could do a little reunion tour as well. They should open for Soundgarden when they are going on a reunion world tour :wink2:
*sigh*
we can only dream.

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Desiderus wrote:I hope this comes out soon, maybe they could do a little reunion tour as well. They should open for Soundgarden when they are going on a reunion world tour :wink2:
That would be beyond incredible... Tad's one of very few bands I like that aren't still officially making music (basically them and Led Zeppelin...) so a chance to see them AND Soundgarden in one night would be the greatest concert ever, for me. Tad Doyle doesn't seem to want to resurrect that band, but we can still dream -- Soundgarden said they probably wouldn't get back together either and here we are.

Desiderus
Grunge fanatic

Post by Desiderus » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 pm

Yeah I’m also afraid that we have to keep on dreaming. Just imagine a night with TAD and Soundgarden. That would be even better than that Tadgarden thing they did a while ago.
Check out my music blog at Death Valley '88

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:11 pm

This dates me a little but I saw TAD open for Soundgarden back in 1994. Great flippin show!

sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:57 pm

boxcar wrote:This dates me a little but I saw TAD open for Soundgarden back in 1994. Great flippin show!
Really? That must have been so cool, but quite honestly I don't know if I could handle Soundgarden once Tad got through with their set... I can only take so much heaviness in one night. Ha ha

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:14 pm

sodajerk93 wrote:
boxcar wrote:This dates me a little but I saw TAD open for Soundgarden back in 1994. Great flippin show!
Really? That must have been so cool, but quite honestly I don't know if I could handle Soundgarden once Tad got through with their set... I can only take so much heaviness in one night. Ha ha
You could handle it, you're a fellow grunger. :)

It was heavy and the most pit was insane that night. People were trying to get Tad to stage dive (and frankly I was afraid he was going to because I was right in front of him). Kim Thayil pretty much destroyed my eardrums before the encore when he left his guitar to feedback for a good 5 minutes. I blame him for my tinnitus. :P