what is your favorite song?

Some say Green River was the group that started it all. The band members would later go on to be in Mother Love Bone, Mudhoney and Pearl Jam. Come express your opinion on how grunge started and the role Green River had in its formation.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

SayHello2Heaven

Re: what is your favorite song?

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

sodajerk93 wrote:Wow, I don't even know what my favorite is. I only have the Come On Down EP and the Dry as a Bone / Rehab Doll CD, but almost every song on both of them blow me away.
That's all they released. Congrats, you own it all! :)
otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov »

rehab doll
Come On Down
swallow my pride
tunnel of love
Eat your water and drink your vegetables
sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 »

SayHello2Heaven wrote:
sodajerk93 wrote:Wow, I don't even know what my favorite is. I only have the Come On Down EP and the Dry as a Bone / Rehab Doll CD, but almost every song on both of them blow me away.
Yes but I know there's plenty of unreleased demos and rarities out there that I haven't heard yet. And since demos and b-sides tend to be my favorites, I'm sure my list will change a little once I get to them.

It sucks that they only got to release those few short albums, but it says on their Myspace they're planning on recording some new songs. If that's true then it's some of the best music news I've heard this year.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.
otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov »

sodajerk93 wrote: it says on their Myspace they're planning on recording some new songs. If that's true then it's some of the best music news I've heard this year.
That would be awesome. Even me desp to hear from them
Eat your water and drink your vegetables
SayHello2Heaven

sodajerk93 wrote:
SayHello2Heaven wrote:
Yes but I know there's plenty of unreleased demos and rarities out there that I haven't heard yet. And since demos and b-sides tend to be my favorites, I'm sure my list will change a little once I get to them.

It sucks that they only got to release those few short albums, but it says on their Myspace they're planning on recording some new songs. If that's true then it's some of the best music news I've heard this year.
I have a demo tape of Green Rivers with, maybe 3 or 4 unreleased stuff if you want, I can upload it and put it in the download section, if you want. Yeah they'er recording or planning to record a new album. But they're working around Pearl Jam and Mudhoney tours and album releases. So I think it's going to take a bit longer. But hey, Pearl Jam is on hold right now with touring because Matt is with Soundgarden, and Mudhoney wraps up their tour in September so, who knows.
sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 »

That would be very kickass - I saw there were Green River demos in the downloads section but they didn't work. I would really appreciate that. And yeah, if I had to prioritize which of the newly reformed grunge bands should be touring now, the first two would be Green River and Soundgarden, so I just may luck out if that's how their schedules are going.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.
SayHello2Heaven

Yeah it's the same one I have. I just uploaded it for you. Enjoy it!
sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 »

SayHello2Heaven wrote:Yeah it's the same one I have. I just uploaded it for you. Enjoy it!
Thank you, kind grunge fan.
boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar »

My favorite is probably "Swallow My Pride" though I really like Mark Arm's voice on "33 Revolutions".
Grunge zealot

Post by Thurston_Whore »

10000 things
[b]''If I'm the guy you're lookin' for
Just look down under some rock''[/b]
mad_submarine
Grunge zealot

Post by mad_submarine »

Baby takes, Unwind, This town, Swallow my pride. Green river = love

PS - MIKE DUDE, please put the songs for download here :) ops, i saw you have done it
[color=#004000]I've got a lack.
A lack of half way good and it's all my own.
Only Boris understands.[/color]
Nathan
Grunge maniac

Post by Nathan »

P.C.C probably, timeless.
Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

After 14 years of indecision, Nutshell- Alice In Chains. I want it played at my funeral, and my body cremated.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
SayHello2Heaven

Luciditypro wrote:Nutshell- Alice In Chains. I want it played at my funeral, and my body cremated.

k....But what does that have to do with your favorite Green River song :P :lol:
Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

Oh my god. All I saw was What's your favorite song? I guess I didn't see Green River :lol: Well now you know.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.