Do You Dress Grungey?

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

subpop1999
Grunge God

Re: Do You Dress Grungey?

Post by subpop1999 »

Sorry **anti conformist
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

You know you can edit your posts right? :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

:lol: I do
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

If grungers finally start dressing like teachers, my answer will be yes :ugeek:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

I dress with these flowery shorts, I feel so fabulous.
sky above, voice within

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Does a plain what t-shirt, blue jeans, a blue flannel, and a beanie count?
otherimprov wrote:

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

How clean are they?

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

:lol: Yes, that it the defining question.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

Schneider wrote:How clean are they?
I never/hardly wash my flannels, white shirt is clean though, and the jeans I've been wearing since the beginning of the week. Also, no clue on the clean status of the beanie.
otherimprov wrote:

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

ISEEMTOWEAREXACTLYWHATYOUWEAR.RIGHTNOWIMDRESSEDINABEANIE,FLANNEL,CONVERSE,ANDABLACKSHIRT.ANDJEANS.

subpop1999
Grunge God

Re:

Post by subpop1999 »

grungefan550 wrote:yeah, i dont wear like the nu-metal days type jeans, but even if they are a little tight, i cant stand them, and i also dont look good in them...haha, yeah thats gay uniforms, i used to go to a school with uniforms, but i was like 8 so i wasnt dressing grungy just yet, i started around 11 years, actually its kinda funny, i never wore flannel shirts cause of grunge....why you ask, well back in like 99 to 01, i lloved the wwf and my favorite guy was mick foley, and he had these flannel shirts with the sleeves ripped off, and i started to wear that, but my middle school got mad and said i couldnt and one day some kid said i looked like a grungry, and i only knew of nirvana, aic, and PJ at the time, and since they said that it got me re-interested in it, and now im here, like 6 years later...
I hate the idea of uniforms. What the hell is the point of having a uniform?? Really? Fuck that. It's completely fucking the idea of individuality right in it's ass. If my school had uniforms I would purposely dress like I do now. Ripped jeans, a flannel, a beanie, dirty converse. I don't care if I'd get detention every day. I'm sticking with what I believe.

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak »

Mer. I've dressed this way for years because I like it, not because it's "grunge" -- that's just an added bonus. People always say it makes me look like a hobo or a lesbian.

"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
instagram | 90's tumblr | No, I still don't listen to Pearl Jam.

JayGarden
Grunge maniac

Post by JayGarden »

There was one time I dressed as white trash for a party. Other than that, no.

Schneider
Grunge God

Re: Re:

Post by Schneider »

subpop1999 wrote:
grungefan550 wrote:yeah, i dont wear like the nu-metal days type jeans, but even if they are a little tight, i cant stand them, and i also dont look good in them...haha, yeah thats gay uniforms, i used to go to a school with uniforms, but i was like 8 so i wasnt dressing grungy just yet, i started around 11 years, actually its kinda funny, i never wore flannel shirts cause of grunge....why you ask, well back in like 99 to 01, i lloved the wwf and my favorite guy was mick foley, and he had these flannel shirts with the sleeves ripped off, and i started to wear that, but my middle school got mad and said i couldnt and one day some kid said i looked like a grungry, and i only knew of nirvana, aic, and PJ at the time, and since they said that it got me re-interested in it, and now im here, like 6 years later...
I hate the idea of uniforms. What the hell is the point of having a uniform?? Really? Fuck that. It's completely fucking the idea of individuality right in it's ass. If my school had uniforms I would purposely dress like I do now. Ripped jeans, a flannel, a beanie, dirty converse. I don't care if I'd get detention every day. I'm sticking with what I believe.
No, they'd send you home. Eventually suspend you and then when you returned in your grunger uniform they'd expel you.
The point of uniforms as often expressed by my school, is to give more of a sense of equality. No rich kids walking around in fancy clothing while the poor turned up in rags. It was bullshit of course. It's just tradition, and who am I to argue with that. At least I never had to wear shorts and a cap.

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 »

So communism?