How to rip pants in grungey style?

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Onion Rat

Re: How to rip pants in grungey style?

Post by Onion Rat »

BrutalGeek wrote:Well there are different ways of correcting people
Yeah, and for that horrible mistake, you got exactly what you deserved. Though I'm not really sorry at all, I'd like you to know that it wasn't meant to sound asshole-ish.

Also, if you can't take criticism, actually care about wearing ''grungy'' clothes, defend Kurt Cobain with your life -without showing any other grunge-musicians enough respect, then, yes, you will make a couple of enemies. Well, atleast me. Still, no harm intended, I just thought you should know.

Hi.
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]

BrutalGeek
Grunge guru

Post by BrutalGeek »

Onion Rat wrote:
BrutalGeek wrote:Well there are different ways of correcting people
Yeah, and for that horrible mistake, you got exactly what you deserved. Though I'm not really sorry at all, I'd like you to know that it wasn't meant to sound asshole-ish.

Also, if you can't take criticism, actually care about wearing ''grungy'' clothes, defend Kurt Cobain with your life -without showing any other grunge-musicians enough respect, then, yes, you will make a couple of enemies. Well, atleast me. Still, no harm intended, I just thought you should know.

Hi.
Yes, I understand you didn't mean any harm, I've must have gotten it all wrong. But on the other hand I can certainly not see how I can't take criticism? I accepted my mistake of calling Kurt "The Father of Grunge". And who says I don't show any other grunge-musician respect? You can't really just make up arguments.
And the whole wearing "grungy" clothes deserves a entire own thread, since it's a way to big topic.

ps.
I can't see how you came off rude since your Norwegian, your like the nicest people on earth :D
[img]http://a.imageshack.us/img685/1016/smellslikesignature.png[/img]

Onion Rat

Post by Onion Rat »

@BrutalGeek, I ended up replying to you in the form of a PM-message, hope that's fine with you.

To anyone else, please view this discussion as finished, and go on discussing your fabulous, amazing, ripped pants.
Or something. I don't really have the power to force anyone into doing this, but it -meh, just do it anyways, please :D

We're done.
[img]http://cavestory.org/images/balrog3frog.gif[/img]

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

I don't think I replied to this thread...If I did, oh well.

Why don't you just let them rip on their own? That's what I do and I have no problems. But if you REALLLLLY can't bare to wait for them to rip, just get a pocket knife and start ripping them.

PJ92SOLAT
Grunge master

Post by PJ92SOLAT »

otherimprov wrote:Kurt was huge poser of the generation
Dude, everytime a music genre gets to mainstream, every star in this mainstream become posers.
Dearly beloved are you listening?
I can't remember a word that you were saying
Are we demented or am I disturbed?
The space that's in between insane and insecure
Oh, therapy, can you please fill the void?
Am I retarded or am I just overjoyed

headcreep
Grunge maniac

Post by headcreep »

Just wait for them to tear themselves.
[img]http://www.greenchange.org/img/original/jd%20drug%20war%20battle.jpg[/img]

^^^ Thats just so bad ass.

PJ92SOLAT
Grunge master

Post by PJ92SOLAT »

headcreep wrote:Just wait for them to tear themselves.
hey, new guy, welcome 8D

And yeah, that's how we make real ripped pants :wink:

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

Go run around, play in the dirt, sit on the floor alot, play some sports, and do some remodeling/fixing up stuff if you can. They'll be worn out and torn in no time xD That's pretty much how all my jeans got ruined...and the fact that I haven't grown, so I can still fit into clothes I wore when I was 12.....I'm 20 now xD;
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Thurston_Whore
Grunge zealot

Post by Thurston_Whore »

I didnt know there was a diffrence between a normal rip in you're jeans to a grunge rip to be honest. :lol:
[b]''If I'm the guy you're lookin' for
Just look down under some rock''[/b]

PJ92SOLAT
Grunge master

Post by PJ92SOLAT »

Thurston_Whore wrote:I didnt know there was a diffrence between a normal rip in you're jeans to a grunge rip to be honest. :lol:
Well, it's just a way to save money :lol:

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

I didnt know there was a diffrence between a normal rip in you're jeans to a grunge rip to be honest. :lol:
I know right? I thought they just......were. That's why I'll never understand these "fashion pre-ripped jeans." I really don't get it. I used to get made fun of when my jeans were torn, and now it's "fashionable?"
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

Yea, it's like, If you want them ripped, just do it yourself.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.

sadie

Post by sadie »

I've seen 2 kinds of jeans in the shops lately: pre-ripped or skinny jeans. I don't use skinny jeans cos those just don't look good on me. So the alternative was pre-ripped jeans. Thank gosh those are nearly free. I buy alot from the flea markets, best jeans are there :)
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 »

I've seen 2 kinds of jeans in the shops lately: pre-ripped or skinny jeans. I don't use skinny jeans cos those just don't look good on me. So the alternative was pre-ripped jeans. Thank gosh those are nearly free. I buy alot from the flea markets, best jeans are there :)
Flea markets are fun! Though I usually don't find anything good around here =/ And actually I like skinny jeans...they fit me like regular jeans, if that makes sense xD On normal sized people they're really clingy around the legs, but on me its not so much xD

sadie

Post by sadie »

Yeah :) I've been thinking of getting a pair to use with my boots, but I just can't get over those jeans :lol: I don't know why I hate them so much, I really have no reason cos I've never even tried those :roll:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.