Flannel Shirts

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

otherimprov
Site Admin

Re: Flannel Shirts

Post by otherimprov »

evee103 wrote:
Gerrit wrote:I don't know about you guys, but isn't flannel nowadays considered skaters' clothes or us that plaid? I get confused between the two.
Unfortunately, hipster-faggot-assholes stole flannel shirts from us grungies. I hate them and their neon flannel, stupid plastic glasses frames, intentional hobo beards, and pseudo-passion for old school video games.
Evee you are so cool
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

Yet when I say "faggot". :roll: :lol:

Mr.BananaYeah
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah »

Schneider wrote:Yet when I say "faggot". :roll: :lol:
Fair point :lol: everyone thought you were a Nazi for a little while when you joined though :lol: also primark is awesome, Chels almost bought me a bra there once.. :lol:
[quote="Thurston_Whore"]Hey,Welcome to the forum just thought i'd give you my site adress and mabye suprise the wife for her birthday this year?
http://www.sextoys.co.uk/cat_Dildos.asp?dept=0?dealer=2035[/quote]

ImBored
Grunge God

Post by ImBored »

Mr.BananaYeah wrote:
Schneider wrote:Yet when I say "faggot". :roll: :lol:
Fair point :lol: everyone thought you were a Nazi for a little while when you joined though :lol: also primark is awesome, Chels almost bought me a bra there once.. :lol:
because she is a girl, at my experience girls love faggets XD
and they always talk about how cool is to hang out with gays
gs asgjgfzsdf nz

sleighbells
Grunge fan

Post by sleighbells »

im trying to find a shirt with this kinda styling, but in a tan, cream kinda colour instead of the white
any ideas?
http://tinyurl.com/3u5ehhv

maybe http://tinyurl.com/4xyoo6q
iv spent ages many times looking through google at azillion sites, and probs passed loads, but i cant go on!

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

Charity shops have the best clothes. :D

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

evee103 wrote:
Gerrit wrote:I don't know about you guys, but isn't flannel nowadays considered skaters' clothes or us that plaid? I get confused between the two.
Unfortunately, hipster-faggot-assholes stole flannel shirts from us grungies. I hate them and their neon flannel, stupid plastic glasses frames, intentional hobo beards, and pseudo-passion for old school video games.
Yeah I noticed that, but it's like weird, fitted, short-sleeved, tucked in flannel.

I have probably about 7 flannel shirts, but 3 of them I hate wearing because they are way too tight around the chest despite being a large in women's, so I either have to have them unbuttoned or only do the bottom 2 buttons.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Believe it or not, I got my first real Flannel Shirt in a Levis Store in Graz, they took a Flannel Shirt and put some black patches on the shoulders to make it look more modern, or... I don´t know. Anyway it looks nuts. And I´ve been searching for years ´n´years...

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

Fuzz Face wrote:Believe it or not, I got my first real Flannel Shirt in a Levis Store in Graz, they took a Flannel Shirt and put some black patches on the shoulders to make it look more modern, or... I don´t know. Anyway it looks nuts. And I've been searching for years ´n´years...
I hate those patches they put on shirts to make them look both authentically old and modern and fashionable - like some fake company or something with a date on it, like 1972 or something. But they could never look old because it's the wrong kind of plaid and colour and everything, and material too. And I remember friends wearing them because they were trying to be grungy, by my influence no doubt.

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Schneider wrote:
Fuzz Face wrote:Believe it or not, I got my first real Flannel Shirt in a Levis Store in Graz, they took a Flannel Shirt and put some black patches on the shoulders to make it look more modern, or... I don´t know. Anyway it looks nuts. And I've been searching for years ´n´years...
I hate those patches they put on shirts to make them look both authentically old and modern and fashionable - like some fake company or something with a date on it, like 1972 or something. But they could never look old because it's the wrong kind of plaid and colour and everything, and material too. And I remember friends wearing them because they were trying to be grungy, by my influence no doubt.
No, I like the patches, they´re okay, but it´s true that Vintage and Retro-Clothing is taken to a ridiculous extreme by the clothing companies...

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

I know, I was sure I was talking about something different. :P People look at me weird when I go out in like 1970s shirts with the huge collars and stuff, but we're basically wearing the same clothes, only mine is the real thing and they're wearing a modern imitation. That makes me smile.

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Schneider wrote:I know, I was sure I was talking about something different. :P People look at me weird when I go out in like 1970s shirts with the huge collars and stuff, but we're basically wearing the same clothes, only mine is the real thing and they're wearing a modern imitation. That makes me smile.
Oh yeah, oh yeah, that´s cool, that´s really cool! :D

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

It doesn't matter what I look like, it's all about fun right? :P

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Schneider wrote:It doesn't matter what I look like, it's all about fun right? :P
Of course! That´s what Grunge Rock is all about: Looks don´t matter! Must come from the heart!

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

Music comes from the soul if you've got the funk!
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why