Home made/designed T-Shirts

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Home made/designed T-Shirts

Post by Mithaearon » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:43 pm

I used to do this a lot in the early 90's (mainly 'cause I was a poor student) and have just started to do so again. Does anyone else do this or have done this?

What I mean is either tie-dying or writing your own slogan/design on a plain t-shirt.

I have just started to tie dye again. Terriably out of fashion which is why I am doing it. I always go against the grain of fashion. It's not the common multicoloured swirly type but one colour in sort of stripes. (I will get pictures later today).

Also I have started to put my own slogans on plain t-shirts in either permanent marker or fabric paints (which ever is closest to hand). My latest is one that reads:

Slacke

the 'e' is have finished as if I am too much of a slacker to even finish writing the word slacker :P

Helot92
Grunge guru

Re: Home made/designed T-Shirts

Post by Helot92 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:22 am

I have a white shirt I made with a dull marker I had of a Noose. xD One because the Noose looks cool in general but I was listening to Soundgarden that day and the song made me want to do something during the time. I just hope a girl doesn't hurt my feelings and control me. o.o
FeedMyEyes wrote:Tell him to fuck off and that you worship satan.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:36 am

dude!
i can so see why!
you got me in giggles here!
i laughing so much i got problems typing...

i'm sorry.
all i seem to do is laugh with you (i hope,cos if i'm laughing AT you i'm gonna feel realy bad...)
:twisted:

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:10 pm

*phew*
:) :D :mrgreen: :lol:
:wink: 8)

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:23 am

you lot got me all inspired to have a go at stencilling a Mother Love Bone t-shirt.
i bought a brown vest top for £2 today.and i got card at home.just gotta get some spray paint now...

Helot92
Grunge guru

Post by Helot92 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:03 am

I have disappeared for two weeks! Why? Intensive care at hospital for five days! I was walking with my friends and this one guy called me "fag" and punched me in the face. Punches never hurt me, but it was random so i fell for a minute. On hard concrete. And I hit the back of my head and got a skull fracture and bled there, and my ears. My friends kicked his ass and called the cops on him. After I got out the hospital I had to stay home for a week and take oxycodone. Of all the meds, why'd it have to be that one? Alice in Chains got MORE depressing with its effects. I have no dent in my head or anything and i'm fine, but me and my band are writing a song called Fracture and I'm gonna make a shirt that says "Fracture". New York City is strange..

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:11 am

:shocking:
dude!
are you alright?
man,thats harsh.
hope your alright and that it hasnt put you off AiC for live...

Helot92
Grunge guru

Post by Helot92 » Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:51 am

I'm alright now, I just have to take Tylenol every now and then if I still get a headache now that the Oxycodone made most of the pain go away. Oxycodone didn't steet me away from Alice In Chains, but with any drugs they increase a range of emotion and I'll usually feel bad about Layne when I listen to them and enjoy their music regardless, But oxycodone made me cry my eyes out and its rare that I cry. Of all the meds it had to be an opiate. That was a weird part of my life. Regardless I won't ever be put off of Alice In Chains because their just such a great band and unlike most bands you see today that sing how the manager wants, Layne put his frustration in his screams completely. True art.

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Post by Mithaearon » Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:10 pm

There are some fecked up people in this world to just randomly do that, really pisses me off when it happens. I hope you are feeling a bit better dude.

Helot92
Grunge guru

Post by Helot92 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Thanks guys, I'm a lot better nowadays so its all good. In other strange news my friend told me yesterday after I was in the hospital that some street gang is looking for the guy to hurt him for hitting a little kid. o.o As much as I hate gang violence to the extreme and I just don't want anymore of it happening its really weird since it reminds me of every time I would hear my friends say at any time "Karma's gonna bite you in the ass!". If a force named Karma is the root of it all, its weird how extreme this energy must be if it has a scary group of people looking for him now. New York City is too strange. :weird:

Helot92
Grunge guru

Post by Helot92 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:52 pm

I'm from Washington Heights, a part of Harlem where most Hispanic people live. Have zero friends over here. xD I met my band mates and the few people I hang out with at some Library on 53rd st. In a funny way. About four of us stopped typing or writing whatever we were doing and said either "THIS SUCKS, I'M DONE" or "I just realized I don't care". Then we started talking about how our schools suck and it then moved to music. :) However, conversations are indeed strange.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:45 am

ImageImage

not that great.
i have floresent pink paint all over my fingers!
but i learned some tips,and i managed to pick another t-shirt up yesterday for a pound so will try again.

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Post by Mithaearon » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:10 am

^ I love that! Now that is a T-shirt.

I want to get making some more now. I am going to investigate how hard it is to make a screen printing thing.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:43 am

give me a while and i'll type out instructions.
the only thing is the photographic hardener you use on the screens.
you need a special light to activate it.
unless you wanna use paper stencils on top of your screen...

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:36 am

ImageImage

2nd attempt.
much better!
got less paint on my fingers too.(the wonders of chopsticks!)