Do your looks reflect your musical taste?

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Schneider
Grunge God

Re: Do your looks reflect your musical taste?

Post by Schneider »

I'm listening to Black Sabbath, but I look like an old folkie. I do like folk as well though.

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak »

You tell me? :P

"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
instagram | 90's tumblr | No, I still don't listen to Pearl Jam.

Ferglius
Grunge God

Post by Ferglius »

I can see it

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

It depends on what day you catch me.

One day it's a black skater dress with mid sleeves, a xenomorph head necklace or HR Giger choker, some variation of Doc Martens boot, Red or Violet lips, steel pewter rings (Sons of Anarchy and Medusa's head or my xenomorph ring). With black leggings.

Or i'll wear a black tulip skirt that goes up to my waist, a tucked in band shirt, leggings and boots. I like to play with that though, like i'll wear a white shirt on occasion. I've started to wear suspenders with my skirts sometimes, one black and my favorite pair of suspenders are about an inch and a half wide and red plaid.

Always with my big black sunglasses.

Eh, I guess you could get that vibe from me, even when i'm not wearing a band shirt I look fairly "alternative".
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

Less and less I should think...

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Post by Grunge_Chick »

I still wear band t-shirts and immature graphic tees. I'm getting to the age where it's likely incredibly inappropriate but I can't say no to a cool band tee. I'm sure I look like a freaking loser compared to most 26 year olds.

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan »

most days i wear whatever i can find thats clean and most people would assume i listen to most of the music that i do
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag »

I look like a try-hard cringeworthy weirdo and I think it reflects my taste very well.
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

I would say so ... yes.
--
Some say that Im crazy, but I have strong feelings about this ... I feel like our clothing choices should reflect us, like our tattoos if we have them, for instance. I felt strongly ostracized by the clothing of the entire under-35 generation. Most under-35 appear to wear shirts with corporate brands all over them, and if clothing reflects us as people, that says that we've become corporate cynics with no personalities of our own.
I typically wear band shirts (Aerosmith now), along with ripped jeans, and a 70s rock-looking not-leather jacket ... I like to reflect where I come from musically and culturally.
I miss the comfort in being sad. Drive away and its the same, everywhere death row everyone’s a victim. It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time