Tragedy + Time = Comedy

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

TheHardPart
Grunge maniac

Tragedy + Time = Comedy

Post by TheHardPart » Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:13 am

And I mean "tragedy" in the Queer Eye For the Straight Guy sense, as in "Honey that outfit is tragic."

Torn jeans and flannel in 1991: get a job, hobo!

Torn jeans and flannel in 2015: was there a sale at Abercrombie?

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Re: Tragedy + Time = Comedy

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:45 pm

i shit you not, i saw 4 girls in my school all wearing the exact same top on the exact same day and i know you might think they're like best friends or something but they don't even speak. and i'm a keen social observer :P

in any case, the fashion for torn jeans (at least in London) has been peculiar lately... i've noticed guys have their jeans down to their knees with their asses hanging out and girls have very neat little rips on their knees so that their ''jeggings'' or whatever they are, look more edgy :?

though it's better to just tear the jeans yourself, buying them torn is kinda poseurish. i remember taking a pen knife saw blade to the jeans which are to this day my favourite pair. breezy in the summer and if you're cold, just put on some tracksuits underneath, Kurt had the right idea!
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

TheHardPart
Grunge maniac

Post by TheHardPart » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:56 pm

I thought it was poserish to tear the jeans yourself.

What you're supposed to do is be poor because you come from a broken home, so you only get clothes from older siblings or second-hand stores. Then the jeans either already have holes in them from being so worn out, or they're just on the verge and you wear holes in them accidentally by wearing them out yourself. You're also supposed to work some kind of manual labor at some point in your adolescence and wear holes in them that way.

If you can't swing that, you have to at least SAY that's what happened even though you bought them from Abercrombie.

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:31 pm

:lol:
Or just don't buy new jeans and they will end up torn
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:38 pm

My most torn jeans, not one blade has scratched it

when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:42 pm

Nice jeans there. I've one couple of ripped jeans one of which I used needle to torn it. It looks sexy.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:02 pm

TheHardPart wrote:You're also supposed to work some kind of manual labor at some point in your adolescence and wear holes in them that way.
Pretty much the only reason why most people here in the South have holes in their jeans, which is including me!

Honestly, I don't like holes in my jeans and the irony is I get holes in my favorite pairs. :(
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

TheHardPart
Grunge maniac

Post by TheHardPart » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:17 pm

I did my manual labor in the American Southwest. Installing drywall in 115˚. Good times. Man, I was a scrappy 19 year-old, looking back on it.

My pants have been mostly hole-free since I was in my early 20s. That's what happens when you have a wife who's big on fashion, I guess: she doesn't let you dress like a bum, even if you like to.

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:40 pm

Abercrombie are fucking assholes, i'd rather buy my jeans in primark... though i doubt you guys have primark in the US.
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:17 am

I'll just point pout that if you buy jeans with holes already then.....just get out. :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:54 am

all torn jeans here :D

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:58 pm

TheHardPart wrote:I thought it was poserish to tear the jeans yourself.

What you're supposed to do is be poor because you come from a broken home, so you only get clothes from older siblings or second-hand stores. Then the jeans either already have holes in them from being so worn out, or they're just on the verge and you wear holes in them accidentally by wearing them out yourself. You're also supposed to work some kind of manual labor at some point in your adolescence and wear holes in them that way.

If you can't swing that, you have to at least SAY that's what happened even though you bought them from Abercrombie.
Yeah. Ripping the jeans yourself/buying them pre-ripped is bad. To save time and money, make a sandwich board that says "I am a cunt" and put that on instead.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Y2K-kyle wrote:I'll just point pout that if you buy jeans with holes already then.....just get out. :lol:
I only buy them like that if they are from thrift stores and the user before me ripped them just by wearing them out for years, not if they are "manufacture pre-torn" with the neat little holes.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:08 pm

KristinNirvana wrote: I only buy them like that if they are from thrift stores and the user before me ripped them just by wearing them out for years, not if they are "manufacture pre-torn" with the neat little holes.
That's acceptable. Mostly was focused on if you buy "manufacture pre-torn" then....get out. :lol: :ugeek:
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote: