Soft Grunge????

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

Sonshine
Grunge guru

Re: Soft Grunge????

Post by Sonshine » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:08 am

Steve Perry is right up there with Chris Cornell in the "best vocalists" in music category.
This is not an opinion. It's fact!

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:35 am

Journey takeover of a grunge forum. The eighties have scored their final victory :P :lol:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:47 am

incessantmace wrote:Journey takeover of a grunge forum. The eighties have scored their final victory :P :lol:
Well done. :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Sonshine
Grunge guru

Post by Sonshine » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:53 am

:lol:

grappler
Grunge fanatic

Post by grappler » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:50 am

incessantmace wrote:Journey takeover of a grunge forum. The eighties have scored their final victory :P :lol:
Not so fast, we haven't ever discussed Phil Collins yet. Can't stand Genesis, but some of Collins' songs are a guilty pleasure... I wonder how many grunge points I've lost for liking Collins?

grappler
Grunge fanatic

Post by grappler » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:50 am

grappler wrote:
Not so fast, we haven't even discussed Phil Collins yet. Can't stand Genesis, but some of Collins' songs are a guilty pleasure... I wonder how many grunge points I've lost for liking Collins?

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:49 am

Psh, too easy to write off Collins. Listen to friggin' "In the Air Tonight", such a minimalist yet influential piece of pop music that it's legit to call it revolutionary. Plus, he proved the point that you could be not really handsome to become a million-selling artist. He may not have been the eccentric visionary of Genesis (that part goes to Peter Gabriel, who has always been one of my most favorite artists ever and will forever be) but if you like the Foo Fighters you don't really have an argument not to like Collins. There, I've said it.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:08 am

incessantmace wrote: but if you like the Foo Fighters you don't really have an argument not to like Collins. There, I've said it.
OH SNAP! :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:15 am

Y2K-kyle wrote:
incessantmace wrote: but if you like the Foo Fighters you don't really have an argument not to like Collins. There, I've said it.
OH SNAP! :lol:
Kyle understands me *sniff*

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Let's say I've learned alot from you, why do you think I call you Master Jan? :mrgreen: ;)
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

grappler
Grunge fanatic

Post by grappler » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:22 pm

incessantmace wrote:Psh, too easy to write off Collins. Listen to friggin' "In the Air Tonight", such a minimalist yet influential piece of pop music that it's legit to call it revolutionary. Plus, he proved the point that you could be not really handsome to become a million-selling artist. He may not have been the eccentric visionary of Genesis (that part goes to Peter Gabriel, who has always been one of my most favorite artists ever and will forever be) but if you like the Foo Fighters you don't really have an argument not to like Collins. There, I've said it.
Very true. The entry of the echoey drums in "In the air tonight" in an of itself is revolutionary.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:07 pm

incessantmace wrote:Spence tells it like it is 8-)
Oh that'll get the arguments brewing....... Steve Perry solo over Journey (if only for the song that I posted)................. Genisis.....Phil Collins vocals over Peter Gabriel (pop slop over prog)....Phil Collins solo can only be considered a guilty pleasure.....Phil Collins with Philip Bailey is a little less guilt and more pleasure but not that much......The Foo Fighters....should just quit because Nickleback is all the bland that mainstream rock needs...you'd think Dave Grohl would know better but has proven time and time again that he doesn't and nice guys finish lame.....Chris Cornell should only ever sing for Soundgarden and should not be allowed near an acoustic guitar in his alone time.......

.....there I probably officially managed to piss off somebody but I told it like it is!

Sonshine
Grunge guru

Post by Sonshine » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:42 am

Canucker wrote:
incessantmace wrote:Spence tells it like it is 8-)
Oh that'll get the arguments brewing....... Steve Perry solo over Journey (if only for the song that I posted)................. Genisis.....Phil Collins vocals over Peter Gabriel (pop slop over prog)....Phil Collins solo can only be considered a guilty pleasure.....Phil Collins with Philip Bailey is a little less guilt and more pleasure but not that much......The Foo Fighters....should just quit because Nickleback is all the bland that mainstream rock needs...you'd think Dave Grohl would know better but has proven time and time again that he doesn't and nice guys finish lame.....Chris Cornell should only ever sing for Soundgarden and should not be allowed near an acoustic guitar in his alone time.......

.....there I probably officially managed to piss off somebody but I told it like it is!
You like that stupid ass Oh Sherrie song but not The Foos?
All credibility just flew out the window. ;)

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:38 am

Oh Sherrie is a single piece of pop 80s fluff....The Foo Fighters are song after song album after album year after year of bland middle of the road music usually matched up with a video that would have worked great for Blink 182.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:59 am

I say the second and third Foo albums would have been enough for my taste.