Need Your Help

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

AliceInChainSamantha
Grunge fan

Need Your Help

Post by AliceInChainSamantha »

I need your help about finding good grunge thrift stores; I'm from East Coast Florida. Live in a little small town called Sebastian, what are the best thrift stores that I should be looking for? Having trouble finding some in my area, could you help me out a little bit here. When I lived in Maryland I had no trouble looking for thrift stores but ever since I moved to Florida I've been having a horrible time looking for some. What store holds the best type of Grunge clothing, and I don't need expensive clothing, I've always tried to avoid shopping at expensive stores just to get good grunge gear. What would you suggest. :)

Grunge_Chick
Grunge God

Re: Need Your Help

Post by Grunge_Chick »

Kinda hard to find authentic grunge clothing (whatever you may consider that to be) since its now been about 20 years since that was "in". Just try Goodwill or other thrift store places, that is really your only bet unless you want new clothes that look grungy.

KingOfTheHorseflies
Grunge guru

Post by KingOfTheHorseflies »

Just wear the clothes you have until you shouldn't wear them anymore, and then continue to wear them.
"King of the horseflies, dark prince of death..." Where Boys Fear to Tread
MCIS 8-bit

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

most of the major thrift chains have web sites with location listings and sometimes maps....since grunge is typically a layered look and its kinda warm down there I'm not surprised that you aren't having the greatest luck....but web sites should help you find em at least.

AliceInChainSamantha
Grunge fan

Yeah I think I'll look for thrift stores around my area and just look for old worn shirts or tank tops. One thing I've had a lot of luck in is on Etsy and it's online, it's my only best bet so far. And I looked at some stores at the mall and they've actually came out with a new clothing that's grunge. I guess the grunge look has came back without me even noticing it. Things seem to go over my head. Those are my best bets so far. If anyone is selling anything grunge worthy, please send me a pm. I'd be interested in band shirts or anything that looks grunge, I have a open mind. When I was younger I remember the look and I remember wearing it when I was nine; man I miss the 90's so much. 2014 kinda changed the way grunge looks but I'm sure I'll get used to it overtime. And half the store sells clothing over 80 dollars and there's no way I'm spending that much for a pair of pants.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I seriously don't know how people afford to buy new clothing.....its insanely priced.....people spend fifty dollars and up for a tshirt....that's mental!....if fashion is over your head these days I hope its a hoddie. :wink:

AliceInChainSamantha
Grunge fan

Yeah I agree with you completely. I don't like spending a lot of money on clothing. If something catches my eye and it's not all that expensive I'll buy it and keep it through out the years until it gets worn out and faded. I wish I could layer my clothing but in Florida it's really hard to do cause it's so hard to do with all the humidity but I try to add jewelry to my outfit and that usually works. If anyone is selling any t-shirts on here please pm me. :)

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

You wanna be grunge... then sleep with your clothes on... no pijamas... then you can also live with your pijamas on at all times, but I hear most people aren't ready for that kind of commitment.
sky above, voice within

AnnaGrunge
Grunge fan

Post by AnnaGrunge »

SKUNCHBAG wrote:You wanna be grunge... then sleep with your clothes on... no pijamas... then you can also live with your pijamas on at all times, but I hear most people aren't ready for that kind of commitment.
I have something like footed pajama - it was specially designed for me and I can slepp or walks all day in it. Awesome solution! :D

AliceInChainSamantha
Grunge fan

SKUNCHBAG wrote:You wanna be grunge... then sleep with your clothes on... no pijamas... then you can also live with your pijamas on at all times, but I hear most people aren't ready for that kind of commitment.
Are you being serious? lol. :D

I have a real hard time figuring out, but in any case I have a feeling you're being sarcastic with me.

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov »

AliceInChainSamantha wrote:

I have a real hard time figuring out, but in any case I have a feeling you're being sarcastic with me.
He is probably because I still do it often. Neverd cared my clothings.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

AliceInChainSamantha
Grunge fan

otherimprov wrote:
AliceInChainSamantha wrote:

He is probably because I still do it often. Neverd cared my clothings.
Oh okay thank you. =)
I shall do this sometime cause I've never slept in my clothing before to be honest with you. I've only honestly done this accidentally.