Grunge clothing amongst teenagers..

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

kalashnicult
Grunge fan

Re: Grunge clothing amongst teenagers..

Post by kalashnicult » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:45 am

Good question! I'd like to think in a perfect world my band would be, we are getting attention and are playing 2 festivals this summer in the east of England, but thinking realistically, I have no idea! xD

jolene
Grunge maniac

Post by jolene » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:13 am

Yeah, in my school there are people (only girls actually) who dress 'grunge'. But they are tumblr hipsters who don't even know grunge bands other than Nirvana. Which brings us to the whole 'soft grunge' thing, ugh. People who don't have tumblr possibly won't understand this btw. :D
So I don't really think it's good that they dress like that, it has nothing to do with grunge music.

sadie

Post by sadie » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Yeah Grunge is popular again. But it'll blow over as fast as all the other phases did.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

scentless
Grunge fanatic

Post by scentless » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:16 am

the style ain't grunge anymore. you can buy 80 dollar ripped jeans and 40 dollar flanels everywhere these days.

Seems to be hot lately....

I saw a girl wearing a Nirvana t-shirt and I said that the lead singer is dead, and she replied with:"Oh i just like the smiley I didnt know it was a band, but who is the lead singer anyway?"

Can I kill her?:D
two-fitty

Mandy8
Grunge fan

Post by Mandy8 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:43 am

jolene wrote:Yeah, in my school there are people (only girls actually) who dress 'grunge'. But they are tumblr hipsters who don't even know grunge bands other than Nirvana. Which brings us to the whole 'soft grunge' thing, ugh. People who don't have tumblr possibly won't understand this btw. :D
So I don't really think it's good that they mini dress like that, it has nothing to do with grunge music.
I attend college in England and over here, im not the only one who dresses grunge.

jolene
Grunge maniac

Post by jolene » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:24 am

Mandy8 wrote:
jolene wrote:Yeah, in my school there are people (only girls actually) who dress 'grunge'. But they are tumblr hipsters who don't even know grunge bands other than Nirvana. Which brings us to the whole 'soft grunge' thing, ugh. People who don't have tumblr possibly won't understand this btw. :D
So I don't really think it's good that they dress like that, it has nothing to do with grunge music.
I attend college in England and over here, im not the only one who dresses grunge.
Yeah I see, do the other people dress like that because they like the music or just because it's a fashion trend?
Probably because fashion, oh god.