Do you dig the whole grunge image?

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Do you dig the whole grunge image?

Post by Angst-Ridden » Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:21 am

Is the apparent grunge image cool? Long greasy hair, flannel shirts, ripped jeans, convers shoes, doctor martin boots, cardigans, band t shirts? Is it cool to follow the trend or is the trend based on the fact that grungers in those days just picked up what ever the hell they found on the floor?
I do a bit of both... i wear what i think looks cool and what i think looks cool is based on people i think look cool... and those are grungers. But im also the kind of guy that just picks up what ever i find on the floor and where it... for example today i had no clothes so i wore the same mudhoney top i wore at the gig on saturday.. it dosnt stink to bad but thats just my opinion.. to others it probably stinks real sweaty and smokey but i dont care.... that in my opinion is a grungers attitude..
I think the image is cool though... and one of the main reasons i follow th image apart from looking cool is that i can identify with others that like grunge... for exaple i saw a kid wearing a flannel shirt in college and it instantly made me want to be his friend cus i could identify with him...
>>>Insert cheesey saying or quote<<<

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:31 am

Yeah, a lot of whats said goes for me aswell. I wear whatever, unless it makes me look stupid. Jeans/fleece/jumper/band shirt/skate shoes (sort of) I get weird looks from the "jocks" because i look scruffy....Dosent really bother me
There you are...when you stand in the rain,
and the rain fills your brain
makes you think that god......was fucked up
when he made this town

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:47 am

ive never been a well kepy person... its not that important to me..... some shallow people think its important.... as long as you dont stink too bad, which i dont think i do...

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:23 am

its cool to be stuck in the 90's!!!! yeah i get you.. its good to show ou are a fan of grunge!

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:00 am

Stuck in the 90s? Since when was that cool??? LOLOL
when he made this town

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:33 am

wot are you talking about... the 90's were the coollest!!!

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:39 am

Yeah, but the 90s was the 90s......look at the gooofy hair!!

I study german, and we have these crapy books made in the 90s, and all the pictures of the german people in their multicoloured tracksuites and weird hair makes me pissy myself!!!!!
when he made this town

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:45 pm

so... theres still cheesey gay people now days.. just a different type.. look at chavs...you sayin that now everyone in the naughties is cool?

March2Fuzz
Grunge master

Post by March2Fuzz » Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:23 am

Angst-Ridden wrote:so... theres still cheesey gay people now days.. just a different type.. look at chavs...you sayin that now everyone in the naughties is cool?
No, infact i dont like todays fashon at all. I hate how materialistic everyone has become.
when he made this town

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:52 am

ah people were always materialistic..... i still wish i could llive in 90s seattle

prettyontheinside

Post by prettyontheinside » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:11 am

i like grunge fashion but i've never really worn flannels, docs, etc that much ..there was a brief trend called kinderwhore started by Hole and Babes In Toyland: babydoll dresses, tiaras, faux fur, ballet pumps, knee-socks, ribbons in your hair..slutty 5 year old, if u get it. Its really kind of cute. So i base my image on that, apart from the tiaras because i would get beat if i wore a tiara.

Leech Bucket
Grunge guru
Location: A place in a little small town. The only way to get there is to go straight down.

Post by Leech Bucket » Sat Sep 24, 2005 10:13 am

i have a flannel shirt and i wear it with blue jeans and any dark colored t-shirt
Jesus built my car
It’s a love affair
Mainly jesus and my hot rod

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:50 am

prettyontheinside i totally get you.... i think that look is pretty hot.. either that or the typical grunge fashion looks hot on a girl.... i know what your talking about cus this girl i was friends with was into hole, l7, babes in toyland and she wore babydoll dresses and shoes.... she wore tiaras aswell.. she had bright blonde hair and she wore stripey socks sometimes.. she also used to wear red lipstick.. she looked cool

Jagstang94
Grunge maniac

Post by Jagstang94 » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:21 pm

I like the whole grunge image even tho i dont have any flanel anymore but i had like 6 flanel shirts when i was 8, now i just wear band shirts with longsleeve longjohns under them but ripped jeans arnt cool when all the preps buy them like that from abercrombi and hollster. i just wear mine out till they look trashed.
Spring is here again, tender age in bloom, he knows not what it means, sell the kids for food, we can have some more.
~ Nevermind inside cover

Angst-Ridden
Grunge prophet

Post by Angst-Ridden » Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:09 pm

yeah i dont wear ripped jeans cus mine are so cheap when they rip they fall to pieces and i dont really like pre ripped jeans.. thats not really the point... my converse are plenty battered though... especially after the mudhonye gig.. theyve gone grey....