Thrift Store Finds!

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Re: Thrift Store Finds!

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Well, the 28 pairs are just my Docs. That doesn't include my other shoes, and clothes...and stuff.

But most of them are used vintage. Or really cheap online new with birthday money over the years.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

Post by cupid_come_as_u_r »

Flashdance <3
Attachments
Snapshot_20130723_12.jpg
Snapshot_20130723_12.jpg (40.96 KiB) Viewed 3285 times

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

cupid_come_as_u_r wrote:Flashdance <3
You're so cute I just wanna squish your face!!!

FOREVER!

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

Megs, y u so girly?

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Haha, I have many sides. And I really enjoy designing clothes and restoring vintage clothing and purses. My dad taught me and Just end up with a lot of what I like to work with lol.

FOREVER!

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I scored the Pinkerton tab book last week at value village for $5....I didn't even know that existed before.

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Dude that's so cool!!

FOREVER!

sadie

Post by sadie »

Pennyroyaltea wrote: I bought the ultimate Kinderwhore dress. The prefect fit, the perfect length, black, lace peter pan collar. I LOVE IT.
Can I see?

I bought the whiteish lace dress, huge wool shirt for winter and jeans. I have too many jeans. And too many dresses. Oh well.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

Yeah I was really happy...but I really think books should be cheaper there...soft covers should be $2.50 and hard covers should be $4.50 MAXIMUM. I'm not even sure if they do half price days anymore at Value Village.

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

sadie wrote:
Pennyroyaltea wrote: I bought the ultimate Kinderwhore dress. The prefect fit, the perfect length, black, lace peter pan collar. I LOVE IT.
Can I see?

I bought the whiteish lace dress, huge wool shirt for winter and jeans. I have too many jeans. And too many dresses. Oh well.
Yes! Next time I wear i'll take a picture!!! :D
Canucker wrote:Yeah I was really happy...but I really think books should be cheaper there...soft covers should be $2.50 and hard covers should be $4.50 MAXIMUM. I'm not even sure if they do half price days anymore at Value Village.
WTF?!?! I've never seen a thrift store sell a book, hardcover or not for more than 3 bucks! They're robing you blind man!

FOREVER!

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

That have a stupid pricing system...I think its $2.99 for a book with a cover price under $8.95 and $4.95 for books with a cover price over $8.95....kids books are cheaper but I don't know how much....they have some decent stuff but really they don't move it fast enough to justify those prices.... Goodwill has a stupid ass system I think its soft covers from $1.99 and hard covers from $2.99....."from"??? what the fuck is that? how do they decide???? I haven't got a clear answer on that one. Almost never found there stuff either but had one major MAJOR score for tab books at $2.95 a piece Pearl Jam Ten, Nirvana In Utero, Bleech and Pumpkins Siamese Dream all on the same day.

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Haha sounds like a grunge fan out rid of a bunch of tab books. But luck you!!

Really? The Goodwills i've been through in Texas price things fairly. I've never seen a book more than 3 dollars.

I got my fiancee 3 Stephen King hard covers with the book jackets perfectly intact. One of they were insomnia, misery and I can't remember the other one. A buck each, first editions.

FOREVER!

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

The problem with the thrift stores around here is that they have someone sitting in the back looking things up online...I think I went on this rant here before but oh well ;-p....and you how online stuff gets posted and never taken down...so these goofs see the prices of stuff when it came out.....they don't take into account that the prices of electronics drop, they don't take into account that something may not be complete so its possibly useless as all hell (Tripods always missing the screw piece that you actually mount the camera to)....and since they don't care if something is complete why should they care what condition its in??? The only thing they take into account is that they have sales and coupons so they can price something high cus eventually someone will think they are getting a deal. They recently started pricing a lot of the small odds and ends pieces at Goodwill 2 for $2, 2 for $1.50, 2 for $3 and so on so your forced to by more crap or pay double for it....I'm guessing that they consider their real business to be clothing and the rest is mostly nonsense that will eventually be sold at a half price day.

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

That's so stupid.

The goodwill here doesn't price things like that. They just price and set up, they don't check prices.

There is one thrift store around here that does something similarly like that. But they are no where nearly has bad. They mostly do that for high end things, like Versace shirts and junk.

FOREVER!

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

Pennyroyaltea wrote:Haha, I have many sides. And I really enjoy designing clothes and restoring vintage clothing and purses. My dad taught me and Just end up with a lot of what I like to work with lol.
It's great. One minute you're having an intelligent discussion about something and the next you're SHOES!