Good non converse shoes anyone?

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Schneider
Grunge God

Re: Good non converse shoes anyone?

Post by Schneider »

Reviving old threads is cool. Just ask Jan.

I have these Roamers ankle boots. Shit, the insoles are like walking on clouds. They are the most comfortable boots I have ever worn.

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Still wearing Docs.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

sadie

Post by sadie »

Docs of course, got new ones for this winter. And now that it's getting warmer, fake converses (black, red, purple) cause they real ones aren't good for my feet. And I would NEVER pay 70€ of pair shoes like that, so there's that. Also, I have shitload of ballerinas (black, black, black, some Blues Funeral flowers) cause they're easy. Most of the summer I'm barefeet though.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana »

So I got some docs a few years back, and I like them, buuuuttt.....they aren't that comfortable. They only have a little bit of padding on the heel (which isn't even that great either), but then it just stops. It's like someone got lazy around the part where they do the bottom insides and just figured they'd leave them as is. It's not as bad as walking on concrete, but it is a hard flat surface like that. It's not unbearable, but why do they make them like that? Converse on the other hand are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had before, so I always wished they had made them more like them. I just don't get it.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

KristinNirvana wrote:So I got some docs a few years back, and I like them, buuuuttt.....they aren't that comfortable. They only have a little bit of padding on the heel (which isn't even that great either), but then it just stops. It's like someone got lazy around the part where they do the bottom insides and just figured they'd leave them as is. It's not as bad as walking on concrete, but it is a hard flat surface like that. It's not unbearable, but why do they make them like that? Converse on the other hand are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had before, so I always wished they had made them more like them. I just don't get it.
You're wearing the wrong socks and you need insoles.

FOREVER!

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana »

I've worn them with several different types of socks. It's the inside bottoms. My mother noticed it too as she tried them on once to see what they are like. I'm attached to them and they aren't bad enough for me to quit wearing them, but they are probably the least comfortable shoes I've had before, at least as far as the comfort for the padding (or lack thereof) on the bottom goes. They are the vegan ones, so I wonder if they are like that for the regular ones? Insoles might help though.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

It's probably the feet shape you and your mom both have.

I have break in tips here, they might not be completely broken in.
Docmartenheaven.tumblr.com/faq

Or they may even be a size too small.

FOREVER!

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana »

If you stick your hand in the bottom and feel it, it feels like hard plastic. I can tap it and it sounds loud like a hard surface as well. It's not just the way the feet feel, it's the surface itself. I've just never seen that before. They definitely aren't too small. I've had them for a few years and wear them almost every day. They are a lot more broken in than they used to be, and while there is a little bit of an indent to the shape of my feet, the bottoms are still just as tough. Thankfully the blisters stopped though.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

FeedMyEyes
Grunge prophet

Post by FeedMyEyes »

Gotta agree with Dan, ankle boots are the way to go!

Have a similar pair to these, they weren't cheap but they were worth every penny. Also, I've had them for about a year so they're beaten and scratched to hell which simply makes them (and consequently me) look cool as fuck.
How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider »

They give good support on the ankles, better than shoes, better than taller boots like motorcycle boots.