The new grunge

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Do you shop at second hand stores?

Yes
77%
Sometimes
23%
No that's gross
No votes

Total votes: 13

XmarkV
Grunge fan

The new grunge

Post by XmarkV » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Most people associate plaid shirts, baggy ripped jeans, and long messy hair with grunge..but I think that grunge rockers don't dress this way..people from Seattle did. I think that if you want to be a true grunger, you have to shop at second hand stores and have longish messy hair and of course listen to grunge music. You don't need to wear plaid shirts and loose ripped jeans but that's just my opinion...

Sorlag
Grunge God

Re: The new grunge

Post by Sorlag » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:00 pm

I think the fashion side of grunge is comfortable clothing with a hint of style and a tad irony. It's rather a recipe!
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Don't forget the pastel colors, ironic glasses, upside down crosses, and retro over-sized cat shirts.
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:25 pm

XmarkV wrote:Most people associate plaid shirts, baggy ripped jeans, and long messy hair with grunge..but I think that grunge rockers don't dress this way..people from Seattle did. ...
They were just copying people from Canada :wink:

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:26 pm

I'm the only one that voted? Thats funny! Majority rules! I AM THE MAJORITY! ALL HAIL ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:41 pm

XmarkV wrote:Most people associate plaid shirts, baggy ripped jeans, and long messy hair with grunge..but I think that grunge rockers don't dress this way..people from Seattle did. I think that if you want to be a true grunger, you have to shop at second hand stores and have longish messy hair and of course listen to grunge music. You don't need to wear plaid shirts and loose ripped jeans but that's just my opinion...
I think it's all of the above, though really about being you. You shouldn't think you have to shop at second hand stores to dress properly grunge any more than you should think you have to wear flannel. Plus, it's not like thrift stores are the only places to get cheap clothes anyway.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:06 pm

do whatever suits you...personally I'd rather shop at a thrift store so I can get a quality item I otherwise wouldn't afford....you've gotta know your stuff cus in my opinion these days there are a lot of rip offs in thrift stores....they have someone looking up stuff online in the back and they don't take into account the condition of what they are selling at all...especially on non clothing items like collectables and electronics...they sell outdated electronics at a percentage of what they were when they were new because they found the "high price" online.... and there are always missing parts and broken pieces that they don't take time to research...some are so obvious...I've seen so many tripods without the part that attaches to the camera it isn't funny. What they do take into account though is that they will have a half price sale eventually so they double the price on things assuming someone will take it when its sale time.
Back to reasons I do like shopping at thrift stores...rather then getting something new and cheap somewhere else I know its a recycled item so it didn't go to land fill and if it was made in a sweat shop at least that place isn't profiting off of it from me...cus I'm one generation later so its just one item bought there by one person instead of two items from two people.

cupid_come_as_u_r
Grunge God

Post by cupid_come_as_u_r » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 pm

evee103 wrote:Don't forget the pastel colors, ironic glasses, upside down crosses, and retro over-sized cat shirts.
Wolf
Gang
Golf
Wang
Flog
Gnaw
Fang
Glow

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 am

In all honesty though, grungers don't wear clothes :P

when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:33 am

ahá so grunge is a style and you've got to choose a style to be cool and you've gotta do the style by the rules so that nobody thinks you're a poser, hmm?
Fuck humanity.
sky above, voice within

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 am

Sorlag wrote:In all honesty though, grungers don't wear clothes :P

And they take baths together.

The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:39 pm

doesn't "sometimes" qualify as a yes? Showers over baths always....and its a solo mission...no drummers allowed!

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 pm

XmarkV wrote:Most people associate plaid shirts, baggy ripped jeans, and long messy hair with grunge..but I think that grunge rockers don't dress this way..people from Seattle did. I think that if you want to be a true grunger, you have to shop at second hand stores and have longish messy hair and of course listen to grunge music. You don't need to wear plaid shirts and loose ripped jeans but that's just my opinion...
And who made you president of grunge town?
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:35 pm

:lol:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?