Flannel Shirts

Ripped jeans, flannel, facial hair, etc.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

Schneider
Grunge God

Re: Flannel Shirts

Post by Schneider » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 am

Yes! And also, "Fuck this horrible decade [the 80s], it's all vanity anyway. Remember when we were kids in the 70s and all the musicians wore cheap clothes and looked like loggers? Yeah, let's do that!" which is cool.

Give up the funk, gotta give up the funk.

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 am

Schneider wrote:Yes! And also, "Fuck this horrible decade [the 80s], it's all vanity anyway. Remember when we were kids in the 70s and all the musicians wore cheap clothes and looked like loggers? Yeah, let's do that!" which is cool.

Give up the funk, gotta give up the funk.
Oh yes! The 80s with digital Rack effects, Transistor Amps and all that crap! Today we play over tube amps and we use analog effects. So much better! Give up the Funk! The only thing that was gut about the 80s was the Reverb on the snare drum! I think that sounds nuts...

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:32 am

:lol: Yeah, like when the revolution of the 60s was over, they had to take music out of the hands of intellectuals, poets, people with something to say - and thus, disco was born! All about dancing and having a good time, but so weak too, and forced. And then Music Television came along and image was important too, so talentless but good-looking people had to make all the music. The electronic elements and layers of effects disguise the fact these people really aren't musicians of any kind - like the song "Pull My Strings" by the Dead Kennedys. "I'm no artist, I'm a business man, no ideas of own..." "There's just one question...is my brain small enough, is my cock big enough for you to make me a star? Pull my strings and I'll go far!" And that still happens today. Awful. Grunge was just a reaction, exactly like punk, the same reaction to the same thing, just done in a very American way (because Punk was very British of course). All the best musicians are reactionary iconoclasts.

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:18 am

Schneider wrote::lol: Yeah, like when the revolution of the 60s was over, they had to take music out of the hands of intellectuals, poets, people with something to say - and thus, disco was born! All about dancing and having a good time, but so weak too, and forced. And then Music Television came along and image was important too, so talentless but good-looking people had to make all the music. The electronic elements and layers of effects disguise the fact these people really aren't musicians of any kind - like the song "Pull My Strings" by the Dead Kennedys. "I'm no artist, I'm a business man, no ideas of own..." "There's just one question...is my brain small enough, is my cock big enough for you to make me a star? Pull my strings and I'll go far!" And that still happens today. Awful. Grunge was just a reaction, exactly like punk, the same reaction to the same thing, just done in a very American way (because Punk was very British of course). All the best musicians are reactionary iconoclasts.
I think it´s not bad to use effects, but one has to use them tastefully. One effect you can use always is a cranked up tube amp, everything else must be used tastefully...

Oh yeah, the Dead Kennedys. That´s music. Grunge was more then a reaction, because I feel like it grew even bigger! Despite some people feeling that Grunge is dead, the Alternative Scene has become a mass phenomenon, it´s huge. So huge it has been commercialized over the years. Today it all sounds different of course, but that´s just because commercial bands adapting the Grunge sound. There´s some good new Alternative out there, but as always, f*** the mainstream!

In_Too_Deep
Grunge guru

Post by In_Too_Deep » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 am

Just what are you trying to accomplish?
Apathy is the key to happiness.

The tree of knowledge is burned,
Lightning struck, one less lesson learned.

George Archer

Post by George Archer » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:51 am

Flannel shirts are looking professional shirts. They are mostly find in checkered design. These types of shirts can easily be found at online shopping store. They are looking so simple but after wearing they gives a unique look to the person.

SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:42 am

George Archer I thought you had a cool name but now I see you are a spambot.
sky above, voice within

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:42 pm

It's flannel season! I'm gonna dig out my flannels soon.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud