Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

Talk about the amazing Alice In Chains here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Elektra Foxx
Grunge maniac

Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

Post by Elektra Foxx »

The name of the new album's been revealed :)
ALICE IN CHAINS has set "The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here" as the title of its new album. The band's fifth studio LP and second without original vocalist Layne Staley was once again produced by Nick Raskulinecz (FOO FIGHTERS, DEFTONES) and is scheduled for release in May. Fueling excitement is the first track "Hollow", which was initially released as a lyric video but has taken on a life of its own, hitting No. 1 in America on the Mainstream Rock radio chart and closing in on No. 1 on the Active Rock radio chart.

The band posted the lyric clip on their official site back on December 18 and it quickly went viral. As word spread among fans, radio programmers nationwide bypassed traditional procedure and began playing the song on air. Rather than wait to receive an official edited track from the record company, stations played the almost-six-minute-long version of "Hollow" in its entirety. Over the course of the weeks that followed, the song's radio spins increased exponentially, making it the No. 1 Top Gainer at Active Rock for six consecutive weeks.

The song was amplified by the VEVO premiere of an official companion video, which was shot by award-winning director Roboshobo (a.k.a. Robert Schober; METALLICA, MASTODON). The stunning sci-fi-themed clip is already nearing the one-million-views mark.

"I don't think you'll be surprised by anything you hear," b>ALICE IN CHAINS guitarist Jerry Cantrell told Revolver about the new CD's musical direction. "It's us. But it's also really unique. It's got all the elements of any record we've put out, but it's unlike any record we've put out. Basically, it's the next chapter in the ALICE IN CHAINS book, and it's going to be a big one."

The new disc will follow up 2009's "Black Gives Way To Blue", which ended a 14-year gap between studio efforts for the group and featured singer/guitarist William DuVall.

"In my opinion, that record stood up to anything else we've put out in our career. Hopefully, the new album will connect with people in the same way," Cantrell told Guitar World.

DuVall told The Pulse Of Radio while the band was touring behind that album that he was seeing a new generation of ALICE fans at the shows. "There's a lot of young people showing up, so that this thing has become a generational band now," he said. "So you've got people, 15, 16, 17 years old, that are coming of their own volition. I mean, they're not being brought there by their parents or anything. They're coming on their own. They're bringing their friends. So that's one thing that's a real sign that perhaps you're onto something."

ALICE IN CHAINS began working on new material in 2011, but the sessions for the album were delayed when Cantrell had to undergo shoulder surgery.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?m ... mID=186281
Y2K-kyle

Re: Alice in Chains - The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here

Post by Y2K-kyle »

The title is a little weird for Alice in Chains, but I can't wait for May to get here!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

Jerry strikes again!
sky above, voice within
cobalt
Grunge God

Post by cobalt »

This title made me think of some really weird album covers :lol:
For those about to polka... we salute you
Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro »

I'll probably listen to it but I'm keeping my guard up. Hollow wasn't too awesome and it concerns me that that's what they chose for the first single.
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.
Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face »

This is going to be so fucking awesome, I can´t wait!!!! 8D
Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea »

Luciditypro wrote:I'll probably listen to it but I'm keeping my guard up. Hollow wasn't too awesome and it concerns me that that's what they chose for the first single.
That and the name. I don't know, it just doesn't feel right.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!
incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

I'm not sure I need this.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?
Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy »

Strange name for an Alice In Chains album.....i just hope they CRUSH on this album...That and they never again make a video like the one for Hollow...and that goes for Soundgardens last video as well.....hehe i dunno why but i just really got hung up at those videos!! Probably cause those bands always had GREAT videoes and now both just made the shittiest most booring videos ive ever seen....
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be
Lifeless Dead
Grunge fan

Post by Lifeless Dead »

They're so much better without Layne.

Jerry has grown as a songwriter.
Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

The name does cause some hesitance for me as well, but I know they SHOULD be releasing one other single before it comes out. I'm holding high hopes for this.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
SKUNCHBAG
Grunge God

Post by SKUNCHBAG »

Lifeless Dead wrote:They're so much better without Layne.
Quit kidding yourself.
sky above, voice within
PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan »

SKUNCHBAG wrote:
Lifeless Dead wrote:They're so much better without Layne.
Quit kidding yourself.
Anyone who thinks they're better without Layne is either on drugs or mentally unstable, possibly both.
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..
Lifeless Dead
Grunge fan

Post by Lifeless Dead »

Or not living in the past like an emotion addict.

They're recent material has been far less formulaic. Duvall is a good complement to Jerry who's finally been able to spread his wings as the heart and soul of the band.
PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan »

Don't get me wrong, I love new aic and will is an excellent singer. But Layne was one of the very few perfect, unique voices of this earth
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..