Alice In Chains News Thread

Talk about the amazing Alice In Chains here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

sadie

Alice In Chains News Thread

Post by sadie » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:21 am

So, here goes all those little news which don't "deserve" own topic :)
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Shifty Eyes Shady
Grunge fanatic

Re: Alice In Chains News Thread

Post by Shifty Eyes Shady » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:54 pm

just in!! Layne Staley had actually gone into hiding,and now back and recording a new album as we speak!!!!

If only :(
[img]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn75/Reedwaits/ScreamingTrees-UncleAnesthesia19912.jpg[/img]

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:08 pm

Shifty Eyes Shady wrote:just in!! Layne Staley had actually gone into hiding,and now back and recording a new album as we speak!!!!

If only :(
hate to run on the parade but come on be serious! this is for small news for AIC ok dude?
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

sadie

Post by sadie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:42 am

ALICE IN CHAINS RELEASE “LAST OF MY KIND” LIVE COMPILATION VIDEO

http://grungereport.net/?p=1739
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:12 am

lol i just saw this. Funny :lol:
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

sadie

Post by sadie » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:14 am

ALICE IN CHAINS TO START RECORDING NEW ALBUM THIS SUMMER
Alice In Chains bassist Mike Inez was briefly interviewed by GuitarInternational.com at the recent NAMM show in Anaheim, California. He said the following:

Robert: What has AIC been up to since the tour ended?

Mike: We are going to take a much needed break. We did about 30 countries on this last tour, and then will start recording a new CD in the summer time. I’m going to reacquaint myself with my wife. [Laughing]

It looks like 2012 could be quite the year for Grunge with Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Mudhoney, and Stone Temple Pilots all working on new albums this year (unless one of them are able to get one out by the end of the year).
http://grungereport.net/?p=2326

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:44 am

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yeah! 2011 is getting sweeter and sweeter, with both Alice and Soundgarden recording new stuff! Thanks a lot Nelli! 8D
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote: I belong from the land of Buddha. I know what Nirvana means better than anyone here.

cobalt
Grunge God

Post by cobalt » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:38 am

Awesome! That's what I wanna hear, new stuff
For those about to polka... we salute you

foo_fighters_nirvana
Grunge maniac

Post by foo_fighters_nirvana » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:13 am

while the old aic is better, i'd still like 2 hear new stuff from them (especially black gives way 2 blue, i luv that album).
my little brother's least favorite saying when playing a video game: you are dead.

kurtdaniel
Grunge fanatic

Post by kurtdaniel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 am

incessantmace wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Yeah! 2011 is getting sweeter and sweeter, with both Alice and Soundgarden recording new stuff! Thanks a lot Nelli! 8D
Have not seen them since Layne's death, but i would definitely like to.
check this: piano lessons ny
Last edited by kurtdaniel on Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Mike Starr joins Days of the New,Gets Arrested in Salt Lake

Post by incessantmace » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:12 am

Okay, there has been quite a buzz about Mike Starr lately. I've tried to gather what Grungereport.net has published about his most recent antics:
Mike Starr — Alice In Chains’ original bass player who would go on to appear on VH1′s Celebrity Rehab — is facing felony drug charges in Salt Lake City, Utah, and shortly before his arrest asked cops if they had heard of his band, RadarOnline.com has learned.

According to the police report, police in Salt Lake City Thursday at 1:30 a.m. pulled over a large van that Starr was a passenger in when an officer noticed the vehicle cross a median.

The driver — identified as Travis Meeks — told the officer he did not have a valid driver’s license; he said it was suspended in Kentucky.

The report goes on to say that Starr then said: “Hey Officer, have you heard of Alice in Chains? I used to be the base guitarist for them. We are down here in Utah, me and Travis putting together a new band.”

When the Officer did a background check on Starr he found “the passenger (Starr) had a felony warrant for his arrest…” The Officer then writes his partner told him: “Hey, I saw the passenger taking these when I walked up to the side of the car. The passenger told me they were Suboxone.” (Suboxone is a drug used to treat opiate addiction) In the report, the officer noted that the pill bottle had the name information scratched off the bottle.

“The driver ( Meeks) was issued a traffic citation for driving on a suspended license and released,” according to the report. “After verifying the outstanding felony warrant, I got Mike Starr out of the vehicle and placed him into handcuffs”, the Officer writes.

The report states that the officer contacted Poison Control for help in identifying the pills. The report says Starr had six pills of a painkiller called Opana and six pills of the anti-anxiety drug Xanax.

According to the report, Starr did not have a prescription for either drug. He was booked on two felony charges of possession of a controlled substance.

Starr, 44, was still in custody early Friday, being held on a $20,000 bond.

Starr kept Alice In Chains’ bass-lines rolling from 1987 to 1993, when the Seattle innovators churned out hits such as Man In The Box, Them Bones and Rooster.

He later appeared on Celebrity Rehab in 2010, where he tried to get rid of his heroin habit alongside personalities such as Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss, basketball oddball Dennis Rodman and country crooner Mindy McCready.
Grungereport.net wrote:Former Alice In Chains bassist Mike Starr was arrested in Salt Lake City two days ago in a car with Travis Meeks. While reports surfaced initially that it was for drug possession, word has come from GrungeReport.net commenter Alice in Chains Chile that the arrest may not be as bad as it seems, and also Mike appears to be joining Days of the New. Take this with a grain of salt, like I always say:

Mica Meeks (Travis Meeks wife) tell me the truth about this. Mike Starr was arrested, YES, but not for drug possesion… Mike was arrested because he had a warrant in salt lake city utah for more than ten years ago. That’s all!! only had with him a medication called Xanax, a tranquilizer. But this was not the cause.

Well, she tell me more… Mike Starr & Travis Meeks mmm. What were they doing together? Guess what! … the new Day Of The New bassist is … Mike!!!

A great news!!!
http://grungereport.net/?p=2942

This is how Mike looks today :?

"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote: I belong from the land of Buddha. I know what Nirvana means better than anyone here.

Mithaearon
Grunge God

Post by Mithaearon » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:15 am

Was just about to post this from http://www.nme.com/news/alice-in-chains/55050
Mike Starr, former bass player in Alice In Chains, has been arrested and jailed after being found with pills he did not have a prescription for.

He was arrested in Utah on Thursday (February 17) and has been charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance. He is being held on bail of $20,000 (£12,300).

According to TMZ.com, Starr was found with anti-anxiety drug Xanax and Opana, a prescription pain killer. He had six pills of each.

The bassist has struggled with drug addiction in the past and appeared on the US reality show Celebrity Rehab last year to help combat his heroin addiction. He reappeared on the show later in the year to act as a role model for new contestants.

Starr left Alice In Chains in 1993, after contributing to their 1992 album ‘Dirt’ and has taken no part in their reunion.

Luciditypro
Grunge God

Post by Luciditypro » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:57 pm

:shocking: Oh, god.... Someone needs to post that bond, now!
Shake it like a Polaroid picture.

Follow your dreams, no one can stop you.
Except a person in a tank.
A person in a tank could probably stop you.

GrungeAddiction
Grunge prophet

Post by GrungeAddiction » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Mike starr....how dissapointing. i honestly thought that he'd actually stop too...
Oh well. It's what he gets for being stupid. i don't feel bad.

:S guh. i hope he learns his lesson when he gets out.. i wonder what's
up with Tom. i forget his name, but he was also in celebrity rehab and mikes "best friend"
in the show, dude who was in Saving Private Ryan.

:/ most drug addicts just need good friends who'll stray from drugs.
:|

shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:20 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=156391
According to The Pulse Of Radio, ALICE IN CHAINS has relaunched its official band web site and says that a "special concert announcement" will be coming next Monday (April 11). There's no further word on what that might entail. ALICE IN CHAINS has mostly off the road since completing the touring cycle behind its 2009 comeback album, "Black Gives Way To Blue", late last year.
A master of blöjäri.