The Tripod (S/T Alice in Chains) thread!

Talk about the amazing Alice In Chains here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

cobalt
Grunge God

The Tripod (S/T Alice in Chains) thread!

Post by cobalt »

So, Alice in Chains last album with Layne. I really like it, for me it's as good as Dirt, if now better. It's damn 'dark', but I love it :)
Oh, it's also one of the best sounding CDs I've ever heard. I mean, the production on this one is just perfect, much better than on Black Gives Ways to Blue (which I like also, ok? :lol: )

anyway, what do you think of it? :)

note: yes, I love making threads for albums lol
For those about to polka... we salute you
P A I V
Grunge God

Re: The Tripod (S/T Alice in Chains) thread!

Post by P A I V »

One of my favorite albums of all time, for sure. The album is nothing short of perfection in my book, sharp contrasts in sound that come together beautifully. Production was a bit much in some people's eyes but I really loved it. I'd have to say this, Dirt, and Tool's "Aenima" are probably my favorite albums ever.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person
SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven »

"Heavens Beside You" is a great song, other than that i'm not really too keen on the album. I listen to it from time to time, and there are some great parts of it, but I think it's missing that special ingredient to make it great. I don't know if that made sense...

Anyway, "Dirt" isn't even my favorite album by AIC, I love "Facelift", it was truley to me their best album, best collection of songs, and just overall more powerful for me than anythign else they released. Their self titled is a great album in it's own right, but I rank it low on AIC releases.
cobalt
Grunge God

Post by cobalt »

SayHello2Heaven wrote:"Heavens Beside You" is a great song, other than that i'm not really too keen on the album. I listen to it from time to time, and there are some great parts of it, but I think it's missing that special ingredient to make it great. I don't know if that made sense...
it surely makes sense, maybe it just don't sound that good to you :)

and yeah, I really like Facelift too, Mike Starr's basslines are great :)
sodajerk93
Grunge guru

Post by sodajerk93 »

The self-titled is probably my least favorite but I still love it. "Shame in You" is my personal favorite on that album, which is weird because I usually like the heavier songs. The production is great but I have to be in the mood for it -- I prefer a more lo-fi, live sound. That's what ruined Black Gives Way to Blue for me; it'd probably be one of my favorite albums of all time if it didn't sound all smooth and over-compressed like some cheesy 21st Century post-grunge record. But their self-titled doesn't sound like post-grunge, it's just a lot thicker and more distorted-sounding than anything else they did.

And I thought I was the only one who likes Facelift more than Dirt. Even if the songs themselves aren't quite as amazing, it's got such a great atmosphere, and to me it's a lot darker-sounding. Dirt comes in as a very close second though.
I took a journey to the pyramids, there was nothing there but sand, and the ghost of a child who had never been born. In a thousand years, no one planted trees there, so all that grew from the sand was stone.
Beeswax
Grunge God

Post by Beeswax »

I LOVE it. I think it's better than Dirt. :) It's darker too, and less "radio-friendly". It's awesome to listen to at night. :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/rissa333/andycolorbar.png[/img]
dorres
Grunge fan

Post by dorres »

My favorite AIC album. God Am and Shame in You are my 1st and 2nd favorite songs of theirs (in that order), plus all the other songs are great too.
cobalt
Grunge God

Post by cobalt »

Shame in You is one of my favorite Alice tracks, and it's totally underrated :?
lasnot
Grunge fan

Post by lasnot »

Tripod is definitely my favourite album not only by Alice in chains, but any band, ever. Winding sheet by Mark Lanegan is a close second...
mad_submarine
Grunge zealot

Post by mad_submarine »

The self titled is probably one of the oddest albums I've ever heard and will hear. Being pretty dark and depressive (due to Layne's problems, I suppose) it's even darker than all AIC albums. Nevermind, I still love it much. Brush away, Grind and Again are my fav songs, and Grind, being my favourite video of all time, as well.
[color=#004000]I've got a lack.
A lack of half way good and it's all my own.
Only Boris understands.[/color]
sadie

Post by sadie »

Tripod is my fave Alice album, always has been, even though "Heaven Beside You" is the only Alice song I can't stand. I can't decide which is my fave song, cos their all so good! Frogs, Grind, Brush Away, Sludge Factory, Head Creeps, Again, God Am... Just perfect.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
P A I V
Grunge God

Post by P A I V »

sadie wrote:Tripod is my fave Alice album, always has been, even though "Heaven Beside You" is the only Alice song I can't stand. I can't decide which is my fave song, cos their all so good! Frogs, Grind, Brush Away, Sludge Factory, Head Creeps, Again, God Am... Just perfect.
Finally! The only Alice song I don't like is Heaven Beside You! I love the blues guitar riff in the beginning, but the song itself never did it for me.
There's no such thing as a sure thing. Of this, I'm sure.
twitter, tumblr, soundcloud, instagram
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:38 am
I don know who invented beer but I gotta salute that person
sadie

Post by sadie »

Slugg wrote:Finally! The only Alice song I don't like is Heaven Beside You! I love the blues guitar riff in the beginning, but the song itself never did it for me.
Same here! All other songs made me feel all kinds of things, HBY just annoys me, and I don't even know why.
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.
Nathan
Grunge maniac

Post by Nathan »

Like the others already stated, the s/t would probably be my least favorite... but don't get me wrong I still lovee the album, hence while aic is my favorite band.
kurtdavekrist
Grunge fan

Post by kurtdavekrist »

I think it's their best... just unbelievable dark Cantrell riffs everywhere, especially Again, Head Creeps and God Am.
[color=#FF0000]WORST[/color] review of In Utero ever...
[url]http://www.thealbumslate.com/reviews/niu[/url]