Jerry Cantrell: new solo album.

Talk about the amazing Alice In Chains here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Jerry Cantrell: new solo album.

Post by XsInMyEyes »

AiC's Jerry Cantrell is working on a new solo project.
This solo record, of which the title has yet to be announced, will be his first full-length studio effort as a solo-artist in eighteen years, since 2002's "Degradation Trip" -- his third overall.
--
Of the new release, Cantrell told Blabbermouth: "...If you liked any of the solo work that I did or the work with ALICE, I'm sure you might like some of this stuff too."
Jerry Cantrell appeared in the at Dave's Room studios on 11 March, recording the album.
Loudwire places the release date in the ambiguous "this year or next".
--
For me, as I have opined copiously in recent days, I hope he focuses on that very ethereal, acoustic side, which we have seen down through the years, on Sap, Jar of Flies, the Unplugged, and songs like "Over Now" ... and that has adorned the strongest examples of their most contemporary yield. Now that the band are older, this is where their strengths lie.
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time. It's still unfashionable to beleive in principles.Let the Music Play.
XsInMyEyes
Grunge master

Re: Jerry Cantrell: new solo album.

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Wonder if this plan is still on the cards
It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time. It's still unfashionable to beleive in principles.Let the Music Play.