NICKELBACK!!!

Talk about the amazing Alice In Chains here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

frell
Grunge guru

Re: NICKELBACK!!!

Post by frell »

Flannel wrote:If Cantrell ever opened for Nickelback, it must've been around 2002 for the release of 'Degradation Trip'. Cantrell's name by itself certainly didn't have the same pull as the name Alice in Chains.

'Degradation Trip' was one of the most CRIMINALLY underrated albums of the 2000's (Volumes 1 & 2 to be precise).
I believe you nailed it on the head. I remember seeing Jerry in Charlotte to support these albums. Honestly, I didn't dig the live show. Then again Layne had died the month I saw him. All I could remember thinking was there was something missing.

Layne died on April 5, 2002 and I saw Jerry Cantrell on April 27, 2002.

[img]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/darkstarz25/brainofjfk.jpg[/img]

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Just how fucking hard must it have been for Jerry to do those shows... Layne dead and then opening for Nickelback. Although maybe it was kinda therapeutic for him too, who knows.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Hating Nickelback is more cliched than the band itself...
I miss the comfort in being sad. Drive away and its the same, everywhere death row everyone’s a victim.