New song: 'The One You Know'

Talk about the amazing Alice In Chains here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

New song: 'The One You Know'

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Sat May 05, 2018 3:00 am

Just thought that this warranted inclusion in its own thread.

Y2K-kyle

Re: New song: 'The One You Know'

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sun May 06, 2018 4:32 pm

I like it. I do want more of Will singing on this new album but we'll see.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon May 07, 2018 1:04 pm

I thought the beginning was a little monotonous but the song got better as it progressed. Not more excited about the new album than about the two last ones though :-/
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

inzedit
Grunge maniac

Post by inzedit » Wed May 09, 2018 10:52 am

Not bad, but i made the mistake of listen at this song after the "Rooster reaction" on the other thread...
no possibility against layne voice... how they used to "play" playing new sounds and i miss the dissonances of layne vs jerry...
that said the song is just nice, but too flat
I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave,
Trust me Trust me Trust me

Jack_Armstrong
Grunge guru

Post by Jack_Armstrong » Thu May 10, 2018 3:42 pm

inzedit wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 10:52 am
Not bad, but i made the mistake of listen at this song after the "Rooster reaction" on the other thread...
no possibility against layne voice... how they used to "play" playing new sounds and i miss the dissonances of layne vs jerry...
that said the song is just nice, but too flat
This I agree with. +1

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Fri May 11, 2018 5:16 am

It's so unfair on William's part, he can do whatever he wants and people will still say they're missing Layne... and you can't blame them for doing so either because his voice was just so damn out of this world fantastic. I talked about this with Daffy a while ago and we both said we missed the edgy, abrasive guitar sounds and the vocal harmonies and dissonances of Layne and Jerry. I haven't listened to old Alice in a long time (with the exception of Would? since it's on the Singles soundtrack and Them Bones which is on my "all time fave" mix CD) and it's probably because I'd miss Layne too much if I did :( Of course this has gotten worse since Chris died... fuck, it'll be a year in a few days too :cry:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

inzedit
Grunge maniac

Post by inzedit » Fri May 11, 2018 12:47 pm

i got nothing against william and i have to say that is a good choice, i think he is doing well. But what i blame is the whole new sound, i feel a lack of inspiration. I never skip a song in the "layne's era" album; i can't say the same on what they produced after, i listen only few songs
I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you. Trust in me and fall as well.
I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave,
Trust me Trust me Trust me

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak » Fri May 11, 2018 9:32 pm

I agree with that 110%, there's something about the writing and the production of the new AIC albums that have been overbearingly mediocre. I know they can do better, I mean just look at JC's Degradation Trip 1&2 and I feel like with Sean and Mike on the board there's really no reason why these songs should be as dull as they have been.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
instagram | grunge tumblr | 90's tumblr | No, I still don't listen to Pearl Jam.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat May 12, 2018 7:19 am

I do feel like Will gets shafted and people try comparing him to Layne is ludicrous. Layne was a once in a lifetime voice and his work with Jerry cannot be compared. Those harmonies is what made their old records great. I've enjoyed their newer stuff, yet I have a track record for liking music that's not favorable in these neck of the woods.

I just want Will to sing lead more. Probably won't happen though
incessantmace wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 5:16 am
Of course this has gotten worse since Chris died... fuck, it'll be a year in a few days too :cry:
I...fuck I don't want to think about that Jan! Did you listen to his Johnny Cash song?
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why