Pretty Mary Sunshine - Bird Medicine

Are you looking for that rare 12" to complete your collection or is there something else you need help with? Post a request here, you may just get lucky!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Elephunk81
Grunge fan

Pretty Mary Sunshine - Bird Medicine

Post by Elephunk81 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:19 pm

I just discovered them last week and wonder if anyone here has this cd? Their song featured on the SFW soundtrack "can I stay" is far from grunge, though they were from Seattle at the time it was recorded. Their wiki page is a band horror story of A&M trying to get them to change their sound leading to band strife and releasing the album with no promotion. I'd have preferred my first post not be asking for something but I've got some other little known bands with the grunge sound I'll be posting in the Other Grunge Bands (Past) forum.

SayHello2Heaven

Re: Pretty Mary Sunshine - Bird Medicine

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:26 am

Far from grunge is right! But they aren't bad for the sound they produce. I have the SFW Comp. That's the only way I heard of the band and figured I'd buy a record by them if I stumbled on one. Comps are a great way to discover new or unheard of bands; sometimes a hidden gem are in there too!!

I have this album (suprise, suprise) Do you want a physical copy of it or a download?

Elephunk81
Grunge fan

Post by Elephunk81 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:31 am

How'd I know you'd be the person most likely to reply to this post? lol. Thanks, a rip @192 would be fine. I was gonna get it off amazon if I couldn't get it this way.

You wouldn't happen to have Valentine Saloon's "Under My Skin" ep, the Whirlee's self-titled, Meddaphysical's "Flow", or Subject to Change "Womb Amnesia" would you?

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:04 am

Valentine Saloon sounds familiar. I know I have their "Super Duper" album, I'll have to check about that one and the others. If you don't mind waiting a little while I'm currently on vacation in New England for a few weeks and not near my hard drive.

Elephunk81
Grunge fan

Post by Elephunk81 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:56 am

Waitings not a problem at all. Meddaphysical's another non-grunge Seattle band like Hungry Crocodiles with a rap metal sound. Valentine Saloon were produced by Jack Endino, I have their Super Duper album. I need to give it a second listen but I only recall liking "Smoothered In Daisy". The 4 track ep contains a non-album track. Seems to be an import which makes it pricey on most sites. Subject To Change was a grungey sounding band fronted by actress Cree Summer. Someone on amazon described them as Ani DiFranco with a grunge band. It's well reviewed and a likely buy before the months out. The Whirlees were another lesser known grungey band out of Oregon. I found a site with sound samples: http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/ ... e-whirlees

Good stuff I'll be getting off amazon in the coming weeks.

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:28 am

Hey there Elephunk (I don't know your name, sorry)

I haven't forgotten about this at all! Have no worries. I'm still in New England taking in the sights and somewhat awkward accents in Boston; Next week Rhode Island and Vermont! But I'll upload this album as soon as I get back to New York. Sorry for the wait!!!!

If you have any requests just head over to the DL section, post there and when I get home i'll upload whatever I can. :)

Elephunk81
Grunge fan

Post by Elephunk81 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Hey it's no problem on the wait My name's Michael BTW. Enjoy your vacation. :D

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:44 am

Hey there Michael!

I'm on my way back to New York and to my hard drive where all my music is. I'll have your album uploaded sometime this week. Just keep checking back. Thanks for being patient! :)

Cheapfilm
Grunge fan

Post by Cheapfilm » Wed May 29, 2013 5:47 pm

I just uploaded a couple video's of Pretty Mary Sunshine from 1993 at the Croc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LB9WW7_tyw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qscX2EzdvhQ