Stone Temple Pilots announce new EP

STP. Good motor oil. Better band.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Elektra Foxx
Grunge maniac

Stone Temple Pilots announce new EP

Post by Elektra Foxx »

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news ... ington-ep/
Stone Temple Pilots will release a five-track EP in October, with Chester Bennington in place of fired vocalist Scott Weiland.

It’s called High Rise and will feature previously-released song Out Of Time, which the band used to announce Bennington’s involvement with the band. The band strongly states not to listen to dipshits from Wyoming that this is a Nu-metal record.

The EP is billed as “Stone Temple Pilots With Chester Bennington.”

Weiland and STP are embroiled in lawsuits against each other after the singer was dismissed in February, with his former bandmates saying his poor performances, lateness and addiction issues had damaged their career, and that he’d used their reputation to advance his solo plans. He recently said they’d have to buy him out of his share of the partnership if they wanted rid of him.

Linkin Park frontman Bennington – who’d always said he’d front STP one day – remains committed to his own band.

Mindriot
Grunge fan

Re: Stone Temple Pilots announce new EP

Post by Mindriot »

And I must say..it is surprisingly good from the clips I listened to on youtube. Chester does get a lot of flaming from the live footage, but I generally believe this is just people not used to hearing a different vocalist take on STP songs. Once it settles down I think people will accept him as a good fit for the band (and I say that as a guy who has never really liked Linkin Park).
http://www.good-son.com

"Oh you're Scottish! I love the Scottish accent, say something funny like 'Curly Wurly'"

"Fuck off."

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

I haven't cared about a new Stone Temple Pilot since I heard there was going to be a follow up to Core. Close to nobody likes when a band replaces they're original...good or bad they don't want to give it a chance regardless of if they even liked the band in the first place . I'm one of those people....its just a business move. Name it something new and have it be something new rather then looking like a cover band for more then half of your live set.

Mindriot
Grunge fan

Post by Mindriot »

True. But then again, once a band becomes so big its a business anyway, so everything is a business move.
http://www.good-son.com

"Oh you're Scottish! I love the Scottish accent, say something funny like 'Curly Wurly'"

"Fuck off."

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker »

Thats so business of you to say :lol: