Favorite STP Song?

STP. Good motor oil. Better band.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug

Silvergun Superman
Grunge master

Re: Favorite STP Song?

Post by Silvergun Superman » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:10 pm

I love Tomorrow off of High Rise, other songs are kind of...meh.
"I wish I could just hug you all

But I'm not gonna!"

STP1992
Grunge fan

Post by STP1992 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:51 pm

Trippin has been (and always will be) my favorite ever since I discovered these guys back in 2007. Crackerman, Take A Load Off, and Dancing Days are all close seconds.

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:49 am

I don't know many STP songs, as I don't listen to them much, but I really love Creep and Plush.
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.

Meatplow
Grunge fan

Post by Meatplow » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:54 am

piece of pie, Sin, D&B, crackerman, meatplow, unglued, Silvergun superman, ILS, pop's love suicide, big bang baby, trippin', adhesive, down, sex & violence, I got you, Atlanta, dumb love, black again, regeneration, transmissions from a lonely room, long way home, all in the suit that you wear.(this would have been my version of the greatest hits compilation ;)) No Plush! Which may have been a blessing but proved to be a bigger curse for this band, an example how music critics can make and break a band. Even these days 23 years later the misconceptions are still persistent. I at the time never made the Eddie Vedder connection, guess I got functioning ears.

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:54 pm

That's a long list man.
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Meatplow
Grunge fan

Post by Meatplow » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:35 am

Yeah, what can I say , I like the band..;)
Check out my AIC list, it's equally long...

otherimprov
Site Admin

Post by otherimprov » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:19 am

Well if it's aic I have a long list too
Eat your water and drink your vegetables

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:41 pm

Id go with either one of two: Dead And Bloated or Between The Lines

treborillusion
Grunge fanatic
Location: Thornton Heath, London Borough of Croydon / Soho, City of Westminster, GB

Post by treborillusion » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:24 pm

Plush

admissioninfo123
Grunge fan

Post by admissioninfo123 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:38 am

yeh san adreas is a great game. Entertaining for ages. It has some cool music on it too like AIC and Soundgarden (dunno why they didnt have nirvana)

Anyway, my favorite STP songs are Plush, Sin, Meatplow, Still Remains, Silvergun Superman and Army Ants.

alternradioshifter
Grunge maniac

Post by alternradioshifter » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:40 am

Interstate Love Song, honestly. Takes me back to my last 2 years in high school. Always strikes them feels, yo. :cry: I'd usually hear it in the morning on the way there on the train, my favorite time being when the train left the underground and went onto the bridge overlooking the city.

Also, Days of the Week actually. I remember it playing back to back in my room the night Scott died, my best friend at the time (who was a best friend for years, almost a decade, he was like a brother and also my covenmate and even roommate a lot of the time, we'd stay at each others pads a lot) was there and we were actually really torn up about it giving we grew up through high school listening to STP a lot.

We got stoned, lit candles to have like a mini-vigil and just felt like shit the rest of the night.. it was depressing and maybe corny but it's something I won't forget. Kinda sad we cut ties with each other a few months later.. That night seemed to echo towards today now that I think about it. Seems like it closed an old chapter in my life in more ways than one.
FeedMyEyes wrote:Tell him to fuck off and that you worship satan.