Mudhoney are better than Nirvana!

Every good boy deserves fudge, and every grunge kid deserves fuzz!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Whose better, Mudhoney or Nirvana?

Mudhoney
28%
Nirvana
72%

Total votes: 88

frell
Grunge guru

Re: Mudhoney are better than Nirvana!

Post by frell » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:20 pm

This is a weird comparison. They are both 2 very different sounds and styles.
[img]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/darkstarz25/brainofjfk.jpg[/img]

marksingermiller
Grunge fanatic

Post by marksingermiller » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:17 am

Um no is the easy answer sure modhoney would say that sumself

What mudhoney albulm would u suggest beats nevermind lol?

marksingermiller
Grunge fanatic

Re:

Post by marksingermiller » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:22 am

agentmoulder254 wrote:Yeah, but Cantrell said Cobain was a crappy guitar player, which although i wouldn't like to admit, is true. And besides, Cantrell has a right to brag, he's one of the greatest guitar players, singers, and songwriters of all time, as opposed to Mark Arms who has an annoying voice and sings about unimportant stuff. Mudhoney are okay, they're no better than half the bands I know though. Of couse, that's just my opinion, because I'm more of a lyrics person than a sound person.

His guitar riff in school is regarded quite high

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:37 am

marksingermiller wrote:Um no is the easy answer sure modhoney would say that sumself

What mudhoney albulm would u suggest beats nevermind lol?
Superfuzz Bigmuff, any time! :)
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

JayGarden
Grunge maniac

Post by JayGarden » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:17 am

I'm going to say Mudhoney because their best two albums (Superfuzz and Fudge) are better than Nirvana's (In Utero and Nevermind).

BleedTheFreak
Grunge guru

Post by BleedTheFreak » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:53 pm

marksingermiller wrote: What mudhoney albulm would u suggest beats nevermind lol?
Superfuzz Bigmuff is a much better album than Nevermind, and this is coming from someone who likes Nirvana more than Mudhoney -- not by much though, Mudhoney is probably my second favorite grunge band, but it's hard to compare the two because even though they play similar types of music, stylistically they are two entirely different bands.
"Black windows of paint; I scratched with my nails." | "In the darkest hole, you'd be well advised not to plan my funeral before the body dies."
instagram | grunge tumblr | 90's tumblr | No, I still don't listen to Pearl Jam.

Fuzz Face
Grunge prophet

Post by Fuzz Face » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:29 pm

I would say that Mudhoney and Nirvana can´t be easily compared, because first of all: Nirvanas catalogue is rather small compared to Mudhoneys steadily growing stache of interesting releases. But let me say this: To my ears Mudhoney sound a lot cheaper then Nirvana (that´s not supposed to be an offense) and certainly a lot more agressive, but they lack the certain PUNCH that Nirvana had and that they still maintained, despite all their commercially polished sound aesthetic.

Canucker
Grunge God

Re:

Post by Canucker » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:41 pm

agentmoulder254 wrote:Yeah, but Cantrell said Cobain was a crappy guitar player, which although i wouldn't like to admit, is true. And besides, Cantrell has a right to brag, he's one of the greatest guitar players, singers, and songwriters of all time, as opposed to Mark Arms who has an annoying voice and sings about unimportant stuff. Mudhoney are okay, they're no better than half the bands I know though. Of couse, that's just my opinion, because I'm more of a lyrics person than a sound person.
Who is Cantrell?

Y2K-kyle

Re: Re:

Post by Y2K-kyle » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:53 am

Canucker wrote:
Who is Cantrell?
Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains is what he meant.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:50 pm

Yeah I know. I was just being sarcastic. I never knew he was a great song writer.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:00 pm

It's hard to tell sometimes :lol:
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Canucker wrote:Yeah I know. I was just being sarcastic. I never knew he was a great song writer.
He wrote a huge ass majority of Alice songs. He's pretty fucking great.

And as I guy I'd say he's pretty hot.

I remember we had this convo before, and that is not gay unless I'm sexually attracted to him.
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:24 pm

I don't remember that convo but I don't care if anyones gay or not. I only like maybe three of their songs.

subpop1999
Grunge God

Post by subpop1999 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Not you and I, but we as the forum. There was a discussion where a guy said Layne is hot and someone said it was gay and then we ended up deciding that it's not gay unless you're sexually attracted to them.

And dude, you need more Alice in your life. Like, now.

What 3 songs do you like of them?? And 3???????????????????????????

And I ain't gay, nor do I care if anyone else is either.
Fuck this American bullshit, I'm from Yorkshire, and it's Yorkshire day. Let's go eat some tatties and Yorkshire pudding.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:47 pm

would, rooster and probably man in a box........its been ages since I listened to them....lost my casette of Facelift the year I got it (93 I think), taped over my dubbed copy of Dirt way back then too and never really listened to my copy of jar of flies or the self titled. I just got em all second hand at thrift stores or yard sales. If ya wanna be super 90's about things you have to quote the seinfeld episode "I'm not gay!!!!........not that theres anything wrong with that."