When you saw Mudhoney.....???

Every good boy deserves fudge, and every grunge kid deserves fuzz!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Canucker
Grunge God

When you saw Mudhoney.....???

Post by Canucker » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:59 pm

How fast did they play? I got to see em last night for the third time and it felt like they played everything a third faster then the other times...except for the Fang cover..it was like slow motion half speed kind of thing...which seemed really really weird because the rest was soooo fast.

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Re: When you saw Mudhoney.....???

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:15 pm

When i went to see them a couple months back, they played everything the same speed ... They played sweet young thing slow as usual and so on ... Maybe they like to mix it up, i dunno :l
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:09 pm

same speed as the recordings or every song was played at the speed of the one before and after the one they were on? I didn't find the super fast bad at all accept for the wah heavy songs...and the issue was that was the sound guy was napping...Steves wah pedal made his guitar twice its regular volume every time he used it which the sound guy could have counter acted but didn't. I'll see what they come up with next time around for sure! but next time I'm gonna talk to the sound guy and bitch at him if hes slacking!

PunkingtonGrunge
Grunge God

Post by PunkingtonGrunge » Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:43 am

I meant they played at the same speed as the recordings. And you're right, the gig i went to had a pretty lousy sound guy too :P
Now I think it's alright, to feel inhuman...
Comin' at ya quiet and underwhelming from the unremarkable soundscapes of Farmer Jan!!!11!1!1one!!1
https://soundcloud.com/blueblueblur

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:59 pm

The first time I saw them was a free outdoor show at North By North East (ya know like South by South East but not) and that was a bit quiet in my opinion but since it was outdoors in a heavily populated area I figured thats kinda how they were doing things there...then I saw them the very next night at a club gig and it was amazing...sound, crowd, performance...everything...this third time was at a different club but owned by the same people as the previous club....so hopefully they play there again next time...but I've heard great sound at both places and the one they played at this time is a stage I got to play before...which was pretty special because its one of three places that Nirvana have played around here!