Mudhoney news thread

Every good boy deserves fudge, and every grunge kid deserves fuzz!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Canucker
Grunge God

Re: Mudhoney news thread

Post by Canucker » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Well I read it in an interview that I found online.... I just typed in "mudhoney interview" cus other then short video clips I never read a long interview with them....other then bits in grunge is dead I guess.

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:15 pm

SayHello2Heaven wrote:did you know Mudhoney got their name from this movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudhoney_(film)

Food for thought! :)
Didn't they got their name from the effect pedal called Mudhoney?
Just like they got the name for the Superfuzz/Bigmuff album.
One of their songs is also named after a pedal, "Fuzz Gun 91".
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:14 pm

Sorlag wrote:
SayHello2Heaven wrote:did you know Mudhoney got their name from this movie:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudhoney_(film)

Food for thought! :)
Didn't they got their name from the effect pedal called Mudhoney?
Just like they got the name for the Superfuzz/Bigmuff album.
One of their songs is also named after a pedal, "Fuzz Gun 91".
I don't think so. I always heard and read that they got their name from the movie. Haven't heard about the pedal.

Canucker
Grunge God

Post by Canucker » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:05 pm

There is a mudhoney pedal which I find totally weird but it came way way after the movie and way after the band. I'll bet a gazillion dollars that they named it after the movie....cus thats all I've ever read. I'm sure we could look up the pedal but I'm guessing its newer then 2000. They just took the album name from the Univox Super Fuzz and the Electro Harmonix Big Muff pedals cus those are the fuzz pedals they used for it.

rape.me
Grunge maniac

Post by rape.me » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:36 pm

wow i am really unknown from all these info about mudhoney
but i really like this band

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:14 pm

Mudhoney's Mark Arm has revealed that the garage-punk luminaries are working on a new album and they have six songs completed.

The influential frontman, who paved the way for such bands as Soundgarden and Nirvana with Mudhoney and Green River, was speaking with Fucking Nostalgic about the recording process of the as-yet untitled new record:

"Oh, for sure! But there just isn’t the same rush as when you’re younger. We’re a lot more patient now. We have about six completed songs. Dan keeps pushing for us to come up with a large stockpile of songs. And I think that’s what we’re gonna do."

Mudhoney first started making waves with their alt-rock debut 'Superfuzz Bigmuff' released in 1988 and in the interview Arm revealed who his early inspirations were for their sound, he said:

"Ahhhhh… Drunks With Guns, Happy Flowers, Feedtime, the Scientists, the Birthday Party, the Stooges--lots of Stooges! [laughs.] Blue Cheer, the Wipers, Butthole Surfers, Sonic Youth… mostly American and Australian underground of the time, with the occasional British thing thrown in here and there, like Crazyhead or the Folk Devils, Spacemen 3…

In related news a new documentary detailing the rise of Mudhoney from their early days as Green River through to their place at the helm of the Seattle alt-rock movement of the early 90's is currently being produced by production company King of Hearts.

Credit: Lick Library
http://www.licklibrary.com/news/2011/6/ ... ith_new_LP

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:23 am

KEXP DOCUMENTARIES: "GRUNGE" MUDHONEY:

One of the first grunge bands, Green River, broke up in 1987. Two of its members, Mark Arm and Steve Turner, were looking for new musical projects and both ended up doing a stint in the improvisational rock group The Thrown-Ups. They also experimented with another lineup, recruiting bassist Matt Lukin, who had played with the Melvins, and the incredible drummer Dan Peterson. Mark Arm was to be the frontman and Steve Turner played guitar, they gave this project the name “Mudhoney”. At that time Mark’s co-worker at Muzak was Bruce Pavitt, who had just founded the label Sub Pop. Bruce was impressed by the first Mudhoney recordings, and Sub Pop put out their first single “Touch Me I’m Sick” (and the “B” side “Sweet Young Thing”) in 1988. The release sold out fast, and Mudhoney became the most important band for the new label.

Mudhoney is still playing together. And their trademark stripped-down psychedelic garage sound has kept them a major player in the rock scene for decades. In this episode you’ll hear current interviews with Mark Arm, Steve Turner and engineer Jack Endino, where they talk about this long-running band and how they made it to the millennium.

Clock the link to hear the interviews and everything else.

Credit: KEXP
http://blog.kexp.org/blog/2011/06/30/ke ... -mudhoney/

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 am

MUDHONEY DOING MC5'S "KICK OUT THE JAMS" LAST NIGHT!!!:

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:54 pm

It's Mudhoneys birthday............

Jhenna
Grunge fan

Post by Jhenna » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:26 am

Mudhoney interviews were gleeful snarkfests. Rather than follow the same endless treadmill as other bands, Mudhoney would take a year or two off to go back to school or play in innumerable side bands. And perhaps most remarkably, Mudhoney has remained together after most of their peers have faded.
[url=http://weightmanagementreviews.com/appetite-suppressants/uniquehoodia/uniquehoodia-review]uniquehoodia review[/url]
[i]Nirvana ROCKS the TOWN[/i]

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:00 am

Sorry if this seems offensive, but are you a real person? :?
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:00 am

The question is, are you a real person?
:P :lol:
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 am

I'm as real a person as any person on the internet :geek:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:14 pm

Hehe you guys are the realest people I've ever met online :mrgreen: 8D :mrgreen: 8D :mrgreen:
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

Nixxx
Grunge fan

Seattle TOP 20

Post by Nixxx » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:20 pm

Jet City Stream is featuring Mudhoney's "Touch Me I'm Sick" Tomorrow on The Seattle Top 20 Countdown. Its going to be very special....Marco Collins will have Pat O'Day in the studio at 3pm. Together they will cover the Top 20 Seattle Songs from the 60s and 90s. Be sure to listen on www.jetcitystream.com and see where MudHoney shows up in the countdown