A Sonic Youth album... for Starbucks

Kim Gordon & Thurston Moore have been kicking it hard for over 20 years and they can still put on a mean show. Talk about these New York gods here!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Frog
Grunge guru

Post by Frog » Thu Jun 19, 2008 3:56 am

thanks for posting the tour dates. i'll try to see them in one of their shows in france.

as for the starbucks album, it sounds like a Best Of album more than anything else, not worth bying it I guess. fair enough there'll be a new track on it but I'll download it!! i'm not gonna spend an album money for just 1 new track...

anarchyrat
Grunge fan

Re: A Sonic Youth album... for Starbucks

Post by anarchyrat » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:21 am

Cool idea...but on Starbucks record label....I dunno. It doesn't sit right with me.
[color=#0000FF][size=150]Punk is more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have Punk.[/size][/color]

[color=#FF0000][size=150]HAIL THE RAt[/size][/color]

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:37 pm

anarchyrat wrote:Cool idea...but on Starbucks record label....I dunno. It doesn't sit right with me.
They do it all the time, it's like a compilation they do for a lot of bands. I think they did The Police before and some other really big (and old) band. I like it, the only problem is, if you try and sell it to a record store they won't give you wanything for it...I bought a compilation of a bunch of New Wave bands, hated it, tried to sell it....They wouldn't take it.

Maybe this is different, it is SY after all! If I see it I'll probably snag it for a good price.

ImBored
Grunge God

Post by ImBored » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:09 pm

pitchfork guy says well how about your indie cred i need to show off!
gs asgjgfzsdf nz