Language Section.

Bored? Here is a fun section for games of all kinds. Song games, trivia quizzes and lots of other fun activities can be found here. From time to time us kind folks at Grunge Forum will put one of our prized possessions up for grabs as well. Check it out here, you might be that lucky one!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

mad_submarine
Grunge zealot

Re: Language Section.

Post by mad_submarine » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:34 pm

SayHello2Heaven wrote:Posso parlare italiano grazie ai miei nonni che sono venuti dalla Sicilia

Ich habe auch studiert Deutsch. Ich bin nicht gut darin hat noch

8D
how clever and sophisticated person I may be :mrgreen: Italy is fucking awesome, you should really go and see your grandmoms.
[color=#004000]I've got a lack.
A lack of half way good and it's all my own.
Only Boris understands.[/color]

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 pm

mad_submarine wrote:
SayHello2Heaven wrote:Posso parlare italiano grazie ai miei nonni che sono venuti dalla Sicilia

Ich habe auch studiert Deutsch. Ich bin nicht gut darin hat noch

8D
how clever and sophisticated person I may be :mrgreen: Italy is fucking awesome, you should really go and see your grandmoms.
I do have family back in Italy, and they own this farm I only seen in pictures. Looks nice, but I don't think I'll go there for a while. I need a passport first, and a steady job.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:26 pm

SayHello2Heaven wrote:Ich habe auch studiert Deutsch. Ich bin nicht gut darin hat noch

8D
Just to help you with your already encouraging efforts: In German the present perfect is split if there's an object involved, so the correct syntax of the sentence given would be "Ich habe auch Deutsch studiert" (I have also studied German). Plus, the adverb "noch" defines the "nicht" negative particle and is thus placed before it ("Ich bin noch nicht gut darin" - I'm not good at it yet). But otherwise gut gemacht :wink: :)
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york

SayHello2Heaven

Post by SayHello2Heaven » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:41 pm

Good to know. I'm still learning. German's a difficult language to grasp.

mad_submarine
Grunge zealot

Post by mad_submarine » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:11 am

I just wanted to mention that Italy is awesome, I've been there as a tourist and really liked it. It has some spirit, that I've not seen anywhere else.
[color=#004000]I've got a lack.
A lack of half way good and it's all my own.
Only Boris understands.[/color]

Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:43 am

incessantmace wrote:
SayHello2Heaven wrote:Ich habe auch studiert Deutsch. Ich bin nicht gut darin hat noch

8D
Just to help you with your already encouraging efforts: In German the present perfect is split if there's an object involved, so the correct syntax of the sentence given would be "Ich habe auch Deutsch studiert" (I have also studied German). Plus, the adverb "noch" defines the "nicht" negative particle and is thus placed before it ("Ich bin noch nicht gut darin" - I'm not good at it yet). But otherwise gut gemacht :wink: :)

I didn't understand a word. That was my problem with Greek.. past present perfect shit makes NO sense to me.. not even in english! you just show me the right way to say it.. and i'll figure the rest out :lol:
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:36 pm

shanze wrote:I can't do this because I couldn't resist being a smartass
Everyone loves a smartass. Well, usually they don't, but I appreciate a smartass if they're smart enough.

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:37 pm

If you get lost in Berlin and encounter a homosexual who is attracted to your male genitalia parts, one could respond thusly:

"Ich bin nicht so eine Masseuse."
(Ish bin nisht zo eye-neh massoos)

In English:
"I am not that kind of masseuse."

shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Schneider wrote:If you get lost in Berlin and encounter a homosexual who is attracted to your male genitalia parts, one could respond thusly:

"Ich bin nicht so eine Masseuse."
(Ish bin nisht zo eye-neh massoos)

In English:
"I am not that kind of masseuse."
:lol:

In finnish you can respond to everyhing with:
"Mitä vittuu?"
Me-tae vit-twoo

"What the fuck"

Everyone says that a lot.
A master of blöjäri.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:52 pm

thats sounds like an owl from Thailand...
:twisted:

shanze
Grunge God

Post by shanze » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:10 pm

"Ninth circle of hell"

Translation to Finnish: "Vantaan turkistehdas"
A master of blöjäri.

Checks
Grunge God

Post by Checks » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:27 pm

Revive?
evee103 wrote:Welcome to the United States of Fuckery, where shit is fucked.

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:24 pm

some words from swedenland:

"Björntjänst" pronounced byurn-shaenst, literally "bear's service"

It's similar to a disservice but it has explicitly good intent behind it. You try doing something good but it ends up being a disservice, it's a bear's service.

"Älvdans" pronounced elv-danns, literally "fairy dance"

It's spooky local mist over meadows and lakes in mornings and evenings, in folk lore it's personified as spirits otherwise invisible to humans dancing around.

"Å" pronounced aw like in awesome, it means creek.

"Ö" pronounced uh, like the u sound in burn. It means island :^)
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

sadie

Post by sadie » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:38 am

It's funny with Swedish, when I hear it, I can pick up enough words to get the idea what the person is saying, but if I had to put down a sentence, I'd be fucked.
But what comes to the Finnish Swedish, it's nothing like real Swedish. It's a weird dialect of Swedish and Finnish and no one knows what the fuck they're talking about. I live on a west coast, and here's the most Finns Swedes. We have lots of places around me that don't speak/have Finnish at all. My mothers side of the family is Swedish speaking, and my mother didn't teach us the language (she totally should have! that would have been the easiest), it was the language they used when they had secrets that kids couldn't hear :lol:

Anyway, knowing it properly would benefit me, especially in job searching cause many places demand you'll know at least Finnish and Swedish.(and English is good to know too)
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:07 am

Swedish is by far my favorite language, and I love English pretty much to death, so that's really something for me to say. Oh, and if you have fun playing with languages, German can be your best friend too. Anything that can be punified basically :lol:
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
P A I V wrote: fuck off i talk new york