Grunge forum etiquette and rules

Bored? Here is a fun section for games of all kinds. Song games, trivia quizzes and lots of other fun activities can be found here. From time to time us kind folks at Grunge Forum will put one of our prized possessions up for grabs as well. Check it out here, you might be that lucky one!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

admin
Site Admin

Re: Grunge forum etiquette and rules

Post by admin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:01 am

I believe that for Grunge Forum to be a happy place we can't have posts like "I'll come back when he's gone" or "I'm leaving unless you ban so and so." That's not happy - that's angry. That stuff should be sent to a moderator via PM.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong and it's a dumb rule, I guess I'll listen to your thoughts. Just remember that I'm not making rules for fun - the mods and I thought these rules were necessary to keep our community.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:59 pm

How many times has Priceless been warned and all this stuff? Seriously.

Bottom liner....if you are doing nothing but insult someone then get out of here. Plain & simple so quit making it hard on people ok?

PS I WANT MY SHROOMS BACK DAFFY!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep
incessantmace wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:56 am
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:06 pm

You know I have some other questions:

How many times did users talk to mods about Priceless?
How many times did users start personally attacking priceless?

Answer to number 1 = 0. Answer to number 2 = a lot.

If this had been reversed - if people had come to the mod team instead of cursing out Priceless, I think things would have been much better.

But to answer the other question, you get one warning. If you talk to the mod we forget and move on. If you ignore the warning you get banned.
y2kcage wrote:How many times has Priceless been warned and all this stuff? Seriously.

Bottom liner....if you are doing nothing but insult someone then get out of here. Plain & simple so quit making it hard on people ok?

PS I WANT MY SHROOMS BACK DAFFY!

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:54 am

But we did have mods trying to talk to him and he wasnt responding. You cant try and talk to someone who isnt acknowledging you.

And to be honest James, I know youre a nice guy. And obivoulsy dont like conflict. But I think you're going a bit overboard with all this stuff. Here we've grown a reputation of working things out amoungst ourselves. This one guy didnt want to listen to anyone, his account was active for years without incident. He started acting up and people didnt like it. Most would stop before it got to the point that it got too. This guy didnt, he enjoyed pushing our buttons. Bottom line is that if you set too many rules it'll put a lot of current memebers off and deter new members. At least thats the was I see it.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:58 am

admin wrote:You know I have some other questions:

How many times did users talk to mods about Priceless?
How many times did users start personally attacking priceless?
I technically did with Megan. And I did personally attacked but now I just ignore him.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:
I tried to seduce my wife by singing Big Dumb Sex to her once. Didn't work out though, I dunno why

Mr.BananaYeah
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:15 am

Pretty sure he had more than one warning..
[quote="Thurston_Whore"]Hey,Welcome to the forum just thought i'd give you my site adress and mabye suprise the wife for her birthday this year?
http://www.sextoys.co.uk/cat_Dildos.asp?dept=0?dealer=2035[/quote]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:37 am

Pennyroyaltea wrote:But we did have mods trying to talk to him and he wasnt responding. You cant try and talk to someone who isnt acknowledging you.
Hence the ban. But the point stands - calling him an ass or a jerk or a homophobe or a shit or a weasel or anything else didn't help; in fact, it made things worse. That's why it is against the rules.
Pennyroyaltea wrote:And to be honest James, I know youre a nice guy. And obivoulsy dont like conflict. But I think you're going a bit overboard with all this stuff.
I'm confused. Didn't you write the following on the mod forum:
Pennyroyaltea wrote:I think these rules are great. They're more than fair.
Anyway, whether you like the rules or not, something had to change. I don't even remember how long ago I bought this forum but the past week or so was the first time I ever felt like it was a waste of time / money. I know it's popular to blame Priceless but I don't. A lot of posts, many from people other than Priceless, got mean and stupid.
Pennyroyaltea wrote:Overboard
The rules say not to be mean.
Pennyroyaltea wrote:All this stuff
The rules are simple.
Pennyroyaltea wrote:Deter
Everyone is welcome if they're not mean.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 am

y2kcage wrote:And I did personally attacked but now I just ignore him.
I banned him so you're ignoring a ghost or something.
Mr.BananaYeah wrote:Pretty sure he had more than one warning..
Kind of. I don't really count the warnings on threads. An official warning will come via PM from a mod. Priceless only got one of those. As I've said before, the mod team could have dealt with this much sooner if we had people PM us instead of attack Priceless.

What's the moral of the story? PM our mods instead of attacking. :)
Then we can all go back to enjoying these boards again. I know I'm ready.

Speaking of enjoying these boards, this thread kinda sucks. I'm gonna lock it soon so if you've been saving your super smart argument about why the rules need changing, post it soon.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:59 am

admin wrote:
y2kcage wrote:And I did personally attacked but now I just ignore him.
I banned him so you're ignoring a ghost or something.
I didn't know he was banned yet. It was before he was banned that I decided to ignore him.
otherimprov wrote:
incessantmace wrote:

boxcar
Site Admin

Post by boxcar » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:17 pm

I'm curious. Is there an "ignore" or "block" option to the forum? Kind of like Facebook where you can choose not to see certain people in your news feed. Maybe that could be a good solution?

Mr.BananaYeah
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:29 pm

boxcar wrote:I'm curious. Is there an "ignore" or "block" option to the forum? Kind of like Facebook where you can choose not to see certain people in your news feed. Maybe that could be a good solution?
You have to go to their profile and choose 'add foe'
[quote="Thurston_Whore"]Hey,Welcome to the forum just thought i'd give you my site adress and mabye suprise the wife for her birthday this year?

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:36 pm

James, what I meant by rules was guidelines of the mods/admins to know when to ban, warn etc. So we wouldnt be butting heads about it.

I speciafically said, for the mods/admins to follow not memembers

I did, but then I gave it some futher thought, they are fair. But I dont think that we shouldnt be allowed to call someone an ass, when they are being an ass. Theres a difference between telling someone they're acting like a homophobe, jerk, ass, etc. And personally attacking them.
boxcar wrote:I'm curious. Is there an "ignore" or "block" option to the forum? Kind of like Facebook where you can choose not to see certain people in your news feed. Maybe that could be a good solution?
We have one, it's called the foe option. You go to the persons "profile", you can add them as a friend or as a foe. If you add the person as a foe you cant see what they post. But when they post there is a little slot that shows that they'll posted and gives you the option to see it or not. And you can "un"foe them if you wish later.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Pennyroyaltea wrote:I speciafically said, for the mods/admins to follow not memembers
I either missed that or disagreed and forgot. I don't think it's fair to have rules but only have like 10-15 people know what the rules are. I mean how could anyone follow them if they didn't know them?
Pennyroyaltea wrote:I did, but then I gave it some futher thought, they are fair. But I dont think that we shouldnt be allowed to call someone an ass, when they are being an ass. Theres a difference between telling someone they're acting like a homophobe, jerk, ass, etc. And personally attacking them.
If someone says I'm acting like an ass I think those are fighting words. They could be right, of course, but, even if they are right, telling a mod that I'm being an ass is going to be more productive than calling me an ass on a public thread.

Besides, as a debate coach / adjudicator, I've been trained to think that arguments directed at a person are worthless. So in addition to being nice we have my own bias to deal with.

But you can still argue if that's your thing. Just talk about the post instead of the poster.

sadie

Post by sadie » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:06 am

If I'd knewn this is gonna be such a mess, I would've suck it up and just leave earlier, he's not worth fighting for. He won if we are still fighting and he isn't even here! We don't get to the same page with this, cos we see things so differently. He insulted some of us personally, so we take this personally. Simple as that.

Let's just lock this thread and hide it somewhere ok? And pray the next troll isn't gonna make us hate each other :roll:
I come from a country of northern lights, lightless days and nightless nights.
I'm not gonna sit around and waste my precious divine energy trying to explain and be ashamed of things you think are wrong with me.

Mr.BananaYeah
Grunge prophet

Post by Mr.BananaYeah » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:10 am

Sadie's right as always :)