Link the bands together with Alice In Chains

Bored? Here is a fun section for games of all kinds. Song games, trivia quizzes and lots of other fun activities can be found here. From time to time us kind folks at Grunge Forum will put one of our prized possessions up for grabs as well. Check it out here, you might be that lucky one!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Daffy
Grunge God

Link the bands together with Alice In Chains

Post by Daffy »

I put all the songs on my machine in a playlist...then i pressed next 10 times...see if you can link all the artists with alice in some way or an other, there might not be a link...but just try and find it :)

this is my version of this thread viewtopic.php?f=13&t=16953 so if you dont understand..then take a look in that thread :)

other than that, i choose to use the same rules as Mithaearon did:

You must try and provide a link from each artist to Alice In Chains (E.g. a member of Alice In Chains formed a band with a member of....).

You can use the "They are both from Seatle" wildcard only once.

You can only use an example once do not repeat the same link.

1: Marilyn Manson
2: Pearl Jam
3: The Cure
4: The Smashing Pumpkins
5: Kyuss
6: Stone Temple Pilots
7: KoRn
8: Placebo
9: Seether
10: Soundgarden
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be

j-bug
Site Admin

Re: Link the bands together with Alice In Chains

Post by j-bug »

Daffy wrote:1: Marilyn Manson
2: Pearl Jam
3: The Cure
4: The Smashing Pumpkins
5: Kyuss
6: Stone Temple Pilots
7: KoRn
8: Placebo
9: Seether
10: Soundgarden
this has taken a couple of days of thinking through...

1.Marilyn Manson-tenious link but its what i got...Wes Borland played two live shows with MM.his former Limp Bizkit band mate Fred Durst did a live cover version of Wish You Where Here with the Goo Goo Dolls.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDwxsXPHyKA
Jerry Cantrell also covered this song live...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8SdAEo2 ... re=related

2.Pearl Jam-Alice In Chains where the club band in the hit 90's film Singles.Pearl Jam's Stone Gossard, Jeff Ament, and Eddie Vedder had key roles as Citizen Dick,a fictional band.

3.The Cure-The Cure founding member Robert Smith had a phase of wearing heavy eyeliner,as did AiC lead singer Layne Staley.this phase happened for both men in the early to mid 80's.(LOL!i couldnt resist!)

4.The Smashing Pumpkins-Both AiC and SP broke up and then reformed to play live shows in 2005.

5.Kyuss-In 1995 Josh Homme,Kyuss guitarist became the touring guitarist for Mark Lanegan's band Screaming Trees.Mark Lanegan sang on Alice In Chains vocalist Layne Staleys second band,Mad Season only album Above.

6.Stone Temple Pilots-STP debut album Core was released on 29th September 1992 which was the same day as AiC second album Dirt.

7.Korn-both Korn and Alice In Chains have appeared on Guitar Hero games.Korn on Guitar Hero World Tour,Alice In Chains on Guitar Hero:Metallica.

8.Placebo-agh....i cant find a link... :sad2:

9.Seether-Josh Freese was a sesion drummer for Seether,and a member of A Perfect Circle with Maynard James Keenan.MJK other band is Tool.in 1993 Tool played a festival in Hawai.Layne Staley appeared as guest vocalist during Opiate.

10.Soundgarden-Alice In Chains and Soundgarden where both managed by Chris Cornell former wife Susan Silver.
:twisted:

Daffy
Grunge God

Post by Daffy »

cool cool :D thanks :D i find stuff like this really intresting!! :D
NEW SINGLE FROM TRIPOD!! SAFE PLACE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMD2YBJ ... e=youtu.be

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

j-bug wrote:8.Placebo-agh....i cant find a link... :sad2:
Well let me help you out then: Both bands played at the Novarock festival in Austria in 2006. You're very welcome 8)
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

thanks!

:mrgreen:
:twisted:

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Marylin Manson:
I am unaware of any connection betwixt Marylin Manson and Alice in Chains...

Pearl Jam:
AiC's Layne Staley was the vocalist for Mad Season, in which Pearl Jam's Mike McCready was a guitar player.

The Cure:
Alice in Chains bass player Mike Starr was a fan, and once adorned a canny muckle "the Cure" T-shirt.

The Smashing Pumpkins:
Their Billy Corgan once planned a collaboration involving himself and Jerry Cantrell. However, these propositions were vague, and little came of them.

Kyuss:
I recall hearing it on an alternative rock radio station that Alice in Chains were cited by Kyuss as an influence.

Stone Temple Pilots:
Both Alice vocalist Layne Staley, and Stone Temple Pilots vocalist Scott Weiland, were sprung from their respective mother's wombs 1967.

Korn:
If you know me, you will doubtless recall that Korn are my most disliked rock band of all (although if you like them, then its good that you can appreciate what I cannot). As such, this connection makes me feel quite funny, but Alice in Chains toured the United States with Korn in 2019.

Placebo:
Both Placebo and Alice agree in being predominately comprised of Generation Xers, and in playing dark rock music.

Seether:
I am unable to recall even the remotest affinity between Alice in Chains and Seether. This is hardly unexpected seeing as Alice were fragmented at the peak of Seether's popularity.

Soundgarden:
Both Alice in Chains and Soundgarden were the spearheaders at the forefront of bringing loud, brooding grunge rock to a mainstream audience.
I miss the comfort in being sad. Drive away and its the same, everywhere death row everyone’s a victim. It's hard to start things over, You can feel the fire around us, All the time