What are you currently listening to?

Bored? Here is a fun section for games of all kinds. Song games, trivia quizzes and lots of other fun activities can be found here. From time to time us kind folks at Grunge Forum will put one of our prized possessions up for grabs as well. Check it out here, you might be that lucky one!

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

j-bug
Site Admin

Re: What are you currently listening to?

Post by j-bug »

this shit is freaking me out now. I wanted to post this because i am listening to it, and whats the date? Life is strange, and this song is good.
:twisted:

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

That song is indeed pretty good. Love the way it builds up while still staying mininalist.
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)
otherimprov wrote:And who made you president of grunge town?

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

Mhm. Early Mode is so underappreciated.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug »

Realising not everyone in this god forsaken town is Tory scum, and just how much music brings you together.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Pentangle, "Mirage"
I miss the comfort in being sad. Drive away and its the same, everywhere death row everyone’s a victim.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Quite the coincidence, look what's playing here now!
"Buy a car, buy estates. Buy a baseball club, or something elite." ("Car Buying Time", Little Bears from Bangkok)

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

You have good taste!
If you like Pentangle ... and you've said you like Jethro Tull, then I strongly suggest giving the Fairport Convention (anything Sandy Denny did was wondrous), Ten Years After, Lindisfarne, Caravan and Steeleye Span a listen.
I miss the comfort in being sad. Drive away and its the same, everywhere death row everyone’s a victim.

incessantmace
Site Admin

Post by incessantmace »

Already started with Fairport, the other ones I shall put on my list :)

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Judas Priest, "Jawbreaker"

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Lindisfarne, “Winter Song”

....probably this bands most important song. Remindful of the true meaning of Christmas, and to consider the hardship of others....
...”When winter comes howling in”....

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Deep Purple, "Bloodsucker"

Getting my head around the actuality that this album, In Rock, that has been vital in inspiring me, will be 50 this year.

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

I actually listened to a glammetal band I would never listen to voluntarily after a friend she told Me a certain song would relieve some grief and vexation, it did. World turned upside down and inside out, suppose all music has a place somewhere

More recently, Blackfoot “Train Train”

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle »

I swear some of the best songs I have ever heard were theme songs for wrestlers.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Y2K-kyle wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:30 pm
I swear some of the best songs I have ever heard were theme songs for wrestlers.
Im inclined to agree. As a youth I always loved the theme Shawn Michaels came out to...

Related: 1990s wrestlers are noted for having themes that ripped off popular grunge numbers. Raven of Wcw had a theme that was a glorified clone of Pearl Jam, “Even flow”, while Diamond Dallas Page had an entrance song circa 1996 that suspiciously sounded like Nirvana, “Teen Spirit”... which saw a Mr Grohl demanding royalties... the song was swiftly altered
— —
Right now, Im not bothered or inclined to post the link but, Im listening to Proclaimers, “You make me Happy”

XsInMyEyes
Grunge guru

Post by XsInMyEyes »

Rush..."Freewill" on a sorrowful but evocative loop :(

"I will choose freewill"