Video Game Forum

Find any problems with our site or have a great suggestion to make it even better? Let us know here.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

Should There Be A Video Game Forum?

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 10

Logan Ruckman
Grunge maniac

Video Game Forum

Post by Logan Ruckman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:18 am

A Video Game Forum would be great! I'd love it if there were a dedicated forum to video games, instead of posting threads in Off Topic. A lot of people on this site are probably gamers, so I don't think it will be ignored.
Check Out Happy Katana- http://happykatana.wordpress.com

johnwaynewasanazi
Grunge prophet

Re: Video Game Forum

Post by johnwaynewasanazi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:16 pm

Nah. But, on the topic of video games: I hooked up my old N64 (well both, I have two), and it's awesome. The 64 is the best video game system ever.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:21 pm

johnwaynewasanazi wrote:Nah. But, on the topic of video games: I hooked up my old N64 (well both, I have two), and it's awesome. The 64 is the best video game system ever.
God I love the 64! I remember mine lasted for a long time, and I decided to give it to my friend cause I wasn't playing it as much, and my friend wasn't as financially good as I was, from what it appeared, I knew my family was a little better.

I think it's still going. But I must admit, I loved my PS2, PS3, and now my baby XBOX 360, almost a year since I've had it :)
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:23 pm

I think we'd be good just sticking to a thread really, I love video games though
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

johnwaynewasanazi
Grunge prophet

Post by johnwaynewasanazi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:27 pm

I'm sick of all the new video games. I'm gonna sell my XBOX 360. Online play is boring as hell. I'm sticking with my SNES and N64

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:28 pm

johnwaynewasanazi wrote:I'm sick of all the new video games. I'm gonna sell my XBOX 360. Online play is boring as hell. I'm sticking with my SNES and N64
I mostly have my XBOX so I can stay in contact with my friends from high school, and their friends on there are cool too.
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

johnwaynewasanazi
Grunge prophet

Post by johnwaynewasanazi » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm sick of good graphics. That's so overrated. Bad graphics are a lot more fun :)

Sorlag
Grunge God

Post by Sorlag » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 pm

I semi-agree.
In old games you couldn't put much work into the graphics so most of the time developing a game went to gameplay. Also, you used sprites where you filled a character with all the details you could, newer games has a lot of dragged out repeating textures etc. But it's ignorant to say graphics doesn't matter, especially in the horror, action and simulation genres they enhance the experience. However only if the experience is there to begin with. Gameplay first, then graphics! Developers should let players kill stuff in creative ways and focus less on how realistic the bloody mush left behind said stuff is :P
when the whole thing comes crashing down, don't ask me why, don't ask me why

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:45 pm

Well we have the big video game thread. That should be good enough. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=599&hilit=video+game
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Logan Ruckman
Grunge maniac

Post by Logan Ruckman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:04 pm

KristinNirvana wrote:Well we have the big video game thread. That should be good enough. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=599&hilit=video+game
Then why not get rid of the Movies forum and create the Big Movie Thread?

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Post by KristinNirvana » Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:11 pm

Probably because there are a lot of movies that concern grunge or grungers like (Singles, Hype!, Reality Bites, Clerks etc.), and buttloads of music documentaries, grunge or otherwise, while video games have less to do with the topic of this board.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud
Post abortive? Go to https://passboards.org/ for support

Logan Ruckman
Grunge maniac

Post by Logan Ruckman » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:03 pm

KristinNirvana wrote:Probably because there are a lot of movies that concern grunge or grungers like (Singles, Hype!, Reality Bites, Clerks etc.), and buttloads of music documentaries, grunge or otherwise, while video games have less to do with the topic of this board.
Yeah, that's true. Sorry if my last post seemed dickish. I was being a little immature.

PJAICfan
Grunge God

Post by PJAICfan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Logan Ruckman wrote:
KristinNirvana wrote:Probably because there are a lot of movies that concern grunge or grungers like (Singles, Hype!, Reality Bites, Clerks etc.), and buttloads of music documentaries, grunge or otherwise, while video games have less to do with the topic of this board.
Yeah, that's true. Sorry if my last post seemed dickish. I was being a little immature.
It's cool dude, I know I'd post in a video game forum but we'd need people to moderate it and even adding it would take time and space and it's just not that related to grunge, it'd be cool to have, but slightly unnecessary
Easy come, easy go
Easy left me a long time ago..

scentless
Grunge fanatic

Post by scentless » Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:11 am

8 bit bikini babes! so hilarious! :D btw Deadpool is game you might want to check out. also the last Tomb Raider was awesome, less pervy game and more of an abandoned feeling :D

here's Deadpool!

two-fitty

Pennyroyaltea
Grunge God

Post by Pennyroyaltea » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:45 am

I don't think we have enough threads to need a forum per say.
shanze wrote:And you will. You will.

Then you put your spell on him and Jerry shall be yours.

FOREVER!