Help please, trying to find old friends.

All the news you need to know about GRUNGEFORUM.COM and anything else we think you'll be interested in.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, KristinNirvana, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon

Taylor Barcello
Grunge fan

Help please, trying to find old friends.

Post by Taylor Barcello » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:45 pm

My name is Taylor. I used to post and moderate on this forum back when I was a kid, my original username was grunge junkie, couldn't get into my account because I don't have the email anymore and havent logged on in years. But down to the point. I'm looking for some old online friends of mine, Dave , Rachael, Sera, and that lot. Is Adam still the admin here? If anyone remembers or knows this lot please let me know! I've been trying to find at least one of their emails for a little bit now, and haven't found anything but dead ends. It's amazing how you just forget about shit as the years go by. Anyways like I said, if anyone remembers or knows , please repost here or contact me!

KristinNirvana
Site Admin
Location: The Mecca, the Holyland, the one and only....SEATTLE!

Re: Help please, trying to find old friends.

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:50 pm

Oh hey! I've only been here a year but I love it when people who were here before my time stop by. Yeah I see the name grunge junkie from time to time. I'm sure some of the older members could help you out better than I can, but I think Adam is one of the ones that doesn't post anymore and deleted all their posts. The ones you mentioned I think I've heard people mention before but they aren't around much anymore.
Life isn't nearly as sacred as the appreciation of passion
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Taylor Barcello
Grunge fan

Post by Taylor Barcello » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:56 pm

Dude this place gave me a place to vent, and not worry about what the hell other people thought about me, and back then being the out of place teenager type, that was useful. Shit , so many conversations .

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Yeah I know that feeling. It's a great place for outcasts of Generation Y. It seems like sites like this are the only place I can find people who have heard of or care about grunge. I always did want to know what the forum was like before my time, but I'm sure it was similar, just with different people. The people here always talk about how this is a family oriented board and we all care about each other and whatnot. The last few days it's been a bit dead, you know, times of lots of activity followed by times of being more dead, so it might be a little while before a mod stops by, but if you know Incessantmace/Jan, Boxcar/Dan, J-Bug/Jenna, curmudgeon1980/Cory, Pennyroyaltea/Megan, Sadie (those are the older board members (well 2009 and earlier) that I can think of off of the top of my head) then they might be able to help you, if they stop by. Oh and Mike/Sayhello2Heaven hasn't been around in a while, but he also might know.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Taylor Barcello
Grunge fan

Post by Taylor Barcello » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:14 pm

Im pretty sure I remember curmudgeon . But yes, you are right, This place always seemed like a family almost. Everybody gave a shit, thus making you want to give a shit back.Good times. I remember we were all planning a trip to Seattle hah. Never worked out needless to say.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Hah, people still bring that up once in a while. It would be a cool thing to do eventually. I went myself back in 2010 for my 18th birthday, but I always planned on moving there (if only I could find a job to save up money). Oh and there's also otherimprov/Nitesh who had been away but has been more active lately (except for the last few days), Harmony90/Danni, Daffy/Espen, Slugg/Paul, and someone named Beeswax/Noor has re-joined who apparently was here before, and then a few other older people stop by from time to time, but don't do much, but yeah some of those are from 2009. Actually, I remember when I joined, most of the regulars were people from 2010 or 2011. *sends grunge signal out telling older people to get their butts back here
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Taylor Barcello
Grunge fan

Post by Taylor Barcello » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:29 pm

That just makes me ache with nostalgia , you have no clue . That's cool you got to go, how did you like it? I live in Portland again so I'm right around the corner lol.

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:34 pm

Oh man it was so awesome! I could feel the total bohemian vibes. I also loved the weather even though I love the sunshine and heat and am from southern California. Something about being overcast makes me feel like a cottony blanket is covering the world. The whole experience felt very comfortable. Oh and everyone there was SO nice, and pretty chill. I saw some long haired-flannel wearing dudes with those shorts that they would usually wear with long-johns, that made me think perhaps it isn't so dead in the city after all. Portland seems like it would be cool as well.
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

Taylor Barcello
Grunge fan

Post by Taylor Barcello » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:38 pm

That's great! I'm glad you enjoyed it! It can be nice sometimes but the weather does get a little old. I'm from Phoenix originally so the rain is offsetting at times hah :) well thank you for trying to help out, if you hear anything please let me know.

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:39 pm

Taylor Barcello wrote:Dude this place gave me a place to vent, and not worry about what the hell other people thought about me, and back then being the out of place teenager type, that was useful. Shit , so many conversations .
Sounds like this place hasn't changed all that much since then 8D Hey, I'm Evee, new moderator I suppose. You should stick around, this place is great. It's still like a sanctuary. I think you'd enjoy it very much once again 8D
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:42 pm

Uhh, hi.

So you made a new account why?

KristinNirvana
Site Admin

Post by KristinNirvana » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Scarabola wrote:Uhh, hi.

Taylor Barcello wrote:couldn't get into my account because I don't have the email anymore and havent logged on in years
Lesser Known Grunge
Good Newer Grunge
Underground Older Grunge
Grunge Blog
My Soundcloud

evee103
Site Admin

Post by evee103 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 pm

^Dude, go back and READ. :lol:
The Jeevies. It's a feeling you get.
Sorlag wrote:You're releasing on Mini CD? I thought that format was as dead as this forum

Taylor Barcello
Grunge fan

Post by Taylor Barcello » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:45 pm

Nice to meet you! :)It Seems the same :) i would like to find everyone though if I could:( I may stick around again, like I said, the nostalgia is at insane amounts . I'd like to get my old mod account back if I could get ahold of an admin that remembers me too lol.

Scarabola
Grunge God

Post by Scarabola » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:47 pm

KristinNirvana wrote:
Scarabola wrote:Uhh, hi.

Taylor Barcello wrote:couldn't get into my account because I don't have the email anymore and havent logged on in years
Thanks.