Welcome to GRUNGE FORUM!!!!

All the news you need to know about GRUNGEFORUM.COM and anything else we think you'll be interested in.

Moderators: sadie, Y2K-kyle, evee103, boxcar, j-bug, incessantmace, Curmudgeon, KristinNirvana

itsamechrisyo
Grunge fanatic

Re: Welcome to GRUNGE FORUM!!!!

Post by itsamechrisyo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:45 am

Who knows. It might make a difference :lol:.

Then where are you from? And where do you feel at home?
Click HERE to take the idiot test.

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:47 am

i was born in Canterbury.but we moved a LOT growing up,so i dont have a home town,or anywhere i think of as home.but i feel more comfortable anywhere on the mainland.France,Germany,Finland,Austria...i dont feel very British at all.i lived in Germany from 4 until i was about 9.
:twisted:

itsamechrisyo
Grunge fanatic

Post by itsamechrisyo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:54 am

Wow, when I was younger I always thought it would be really cool to move a lot *also because I didn't really have friends and stuff but that's a story for another time* but now that I think of it. It's actually kind of cool to have hometown of some sorts.

Do you notice a lot of difference between people in europe?

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:59 am

i'd love a hometown.justb that sense of belonging,and its hard for me to make friends and trust people because people where always leaving.

yes!i think there are lots of diffrences,i can tell where people come from due to their mannerisms.

itsamechrisyo
Grunge fanatic

Post by itsamechrisyo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:01 am

Hmm, I guess I can relate to that. It makes you think everybody can leave you at any second. I know I had that fase when I was younger.

Is there anything that's very Dutch? Appart from being distant that is?

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:03 am

there is a strange kind of selfishness that the Dutch have.i kind describe it as such,but they seem very shcoked and overly upset if someone does something they are not expecting.does that make sense?

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:04 am

Every Dutch person I have encountered have been laid back and humorous. Apart from that one girl who kept blocking me on Facebook because everything I said offended her.

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:07 am

Schneider wrote:
itsamechrisyo wrote:The Irish beating the Germans could also refer to drinking habits haha.
My mother's family is Irish, my father's German. I challenge myself to a drinking competition. :geek: Jan, play some brass music. Perhaps Brian can play some Irish style banjo.
Sounds like my family. Therefore, Dan, I shall also challenge myself, and possibly you, to a drinking competition!
otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:09 am

Let's do it! Though I shall warn you, being American, you are at a slight disadvantage as your alcohol doesn't have any alcohol in it. :lol:

itsamechrisyo
Grunge fanatic

Post by itsamechrisyo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:11 am

j-bug wrote:there is a strange kind of selfishness that the Dutch have.i kind describe it as such,but they seem very shcoked and overly upset if someone does something they are not expecting.does that make sense?
Well. I can kind of see where you'd get the selfishness. Especially in the city's there is a lot of individualism I guess. In fact. A few years back, one of the leading political parties tried doing something about it. Not with a lot of succes I guess. On the other hand. I think it is kind of logical. A lot of people overlook that Holland is one of the most crowded places in the Netherlands (and I believe in Europe but correct me if i'm wrong). I can kind of see how having no actual physical space of your own creates a mindset that would lead to doing what you feel is right without having to constantly excuse yourself, sort of like self protection. And true, some of the Dutch are quite arrogant. however....
Schneider wrote:Every Dutch person I have encountered have been laid back and humorous. Apart from that one girl who kept blocking me on Facebook because everything I said offended her.
... This is also true. I think that most Dutch people are laid back as soon as there guards go down. I can totally relate to both of these statements. I think i'm laid back and humorous as well however I don't really care if people judge me or think something I do is ehh... selfish i guess.

itsamechrisyo
Grunge fanatic

Post by itsamechrisyo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:12 am

Schneider wrote:Let's do it! Though I shall warn you, being American, you are at a slight disadvantage as your alcohol doesn't have any alcohol in it. :lol:

j-bug
Site Admin

Post by j-bug » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:13 am

i didntb mean selfish as such,i just cant think of a better word. :weird:

Y2K-kyle

Post by Y2K-kyle » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:14 am

Schneider wrote:Let's do it! Though I shall warn you, being American, you are at a slight disadvantage as your alcohol doesn't have any alcohol in it. :lol:
Well, I haven't drank alcohol before, so either way I'm in the same situation, but...

otherimprov wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am
Pinch yourself Kyle and wake up from your sleep

Schneider
Grunge God

Post by Schneider » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, la!

About the lack of space thing, Britain is very overcrowded too, and damn are the Brits a selfish, miserable bunch of knobheads.
Y2K-kyle wrote:
Well, I haven't drank alcohol before, so either way I'm in the same situation, but...

:lol: Then we will just have a fun time. I remember someone from school stopped me and asked if I'd like to walk with him. We didn't get on so well before that, but we had a good time. He bought some brandy, I thought nothing of it. We drank the brandy in a park - I wasn't in the mood, but I accepted out of politeness. We kept going to the shop (he had money) to buy more spirits. A friend of his, a pretty small, lightweight kid who never drank, joined us. He got all emotional on us, the other guy got a bit emotional, I just sat in the corner drinking and being the wise one. Then the kid started throwing up and he passed out. The other guy got pretty irrational and wanted to call an ambulance. I told him not to and to just ditch his friend in the house, which we did. Then the kids whole family came downstairs and started yelling. The guy panicked and climbed over the gate. I looked at them apologetically and said "I'm sorry, I have to go get my friend before he hurts himself." The kid's family (I've been calling him a kid, he was the same age as us) stopped being mad and were just confused now. His mother said "Why don't you just use the front door?" I shrugged and climbed over the fence. Good times.

itsamechrisyo
Grunge fanatic

Post by itsamechrisyo » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:15 am

j-bug wrote:i didntb mean selfish as such,i just cant think of a better word. :weird:
Maybe individualistic or distant are better words. I think I know what you're trying to say though.